Before Tea/Evening Meal

Yes. Wet cheese delirium is a good track. Miss the rather great Daevid Allen.

Yep. He was fabulous.
I like all the various spin offs as well, Pierre Moerlen's Gong, Steve Hillage, Gongzila, etc.

Shamal is an incredible album.

I was 5.7 which was a surprise given the amount of potato I ate during lunch.
Highest reading I saw was 6.2

4.8. Early tea as I'm hungry. Guessing the walking round the zoo used up all the chicken strips calories (and a few fries but I let youngest have most of my fries)

A beautiful day here and a happy 5.8 for me this fine sunny evening.

I was 6.5 before tea, but I'd had rather too many monkey nuts about an hour before and was shocked to see that half a bag was over 20g of carbs (And I'd had a low carb yoghurt as well.)

Happily after chicken curry, cauliflower curry, half a naan bread and a bottle of beer it was back into the 5s two hours later.

A weird day for BG. Seemed a little higher than normal later on this morning, before I went out just before lunch, going up long after breakfast, but not sure why (I did have some Polish sausage & nuts while watching Three Body Problem this morning.)

Even a walk to the city centre didn't tame it, but a cappuccino and a walk home saw it plummet. How strange. It seems a combination of carbs and exercise really brings it down fast.

By tea-time it was 5.2

(I haven't regularly taken Metformin for 2 weeks now, probably the last single tablet was over a 10 days ago, and readings have been pretty much the same until today where they seemed a little higher this morning.)

Early dinner this fine evening and a 7.0 before eating so I'm happy with that.

Good evening! Better tonight at 8.8 (7.7 on the finger). I ordered some new Isophane insulin thinking it was not working properly but now things look more normal again. Did I have another short term bug. Felt very tired over Easter but otherwise OK.

4.3 before tea yesterday and 5.9 after. I had a frozen ready meal - I have found that some of the Gym Kitchen and similar style own brand ones which focus on including protein don't have too many carbs, though others in the same range do so have to check them to decide which ones to buy for lazy days. Last night was a Tesco "beautifully balanced" chicken chow mein and about 38g carbs. I did have a very small choc pot as a treat for dessert, ate it slowly to savour it!

Does insulin denature? I tend to change penfills slightly more often than I did. I suppose I don't have that much insulin per day so it might be a wise thing to do. That's unusual! I could have done something/anything (Todd Rundgren reference?) wise!

Insulin does denature yes. Especially if it gets too warm

Evening all, a whopping 9.0 for me pre-dinner this fine evening and that was after an afternoon of bowls.

A highish 10.3 (9.1 in the finger). I got to the foot clinic over an hour late today and after a silly o'clock breakfast was going hypo. Slightly over treated as wanted to be thinking clearly when I saw the consultant!

I think I was 5.9, although I'd had something to eat not long before I made tea. 🙂

5.2 this evening, reward for resisting the temptation of a snack while I waited for the amazon delivery before starting on making tea I guess

Back