Before Tea/Evening Meal

Thank you mikey but i dont understand what BGs is ? today it was 4.9 I'm Type 1 or just on the border . No treatment i have Rhumatoid and i have 2 injections every week to hold it.
Any help much appreciated

BG is your Blood Glucose level. The normal is about 5.2. As a Type i diabetic my target range is 3.9 to 10 although I try (often unsuccessfully ) to stay below 8. As a Type 1 I produce no insulin at all and have multiple daily injections of insulin. I am very dubious you are Type IK but as you mention injections for rheumatoid arthritis I wonder if you have steroid induced diabetes. Fire away with questions as always happy to try and help but I think your medical team should be giving you more support but as I have found and still find occasionally many are eff'ing useless!

I was 5.2 yesterday after a naughty Wagamama (Lowish carb choice).

And I'm coming in with a 3.9 pre-dinner on another fine sunny evening.

A 4.9 after a weekend of insane eating and drinking.

Last edited:
A HS (5.2) after a nasty post-breakfast spike. This Doxycycline makes things very unpredictable! :(

Screenshot_20240514-190008.png

Last edited:
5.2 for me.
Sensor, reaching the end of its life, has become erratic and was moving between 5.4 and 6.4

A 6.3 for me pre-dinner this fine evening.

Mine was 7.5 which i'm not happy with, as i hadn't had anything sweet to eat perhaps i hadn't eaten enough does that make a difference ?

And it was a happy 5.1 for me pre-dinner this fine sunny evening.

Night night....zzzzzz

Mine was 7.5 which i'm not happy with, as i hadn't had anything sweet to eat perhaps i hadn't eaten enough does that make a difference ?
#
But what did you eat @Lesley P ? It is not just sweet things we have to limit as diabetics but all foods containing carbs which your body converts to glucose. Their GI also comes into it. I find for instance that mashed potato makes my Libre climb as fast as straight forward glucose. So besides sugar watch starch (rice, potatoes, pasta, etc.), lactose (milk), fructose (fruit). And the less refined the better - this often means brown or wholemeal with bread, rice, pasta, etc. but still in limited quantiles.

Back