Before Tea/Evening Meal

What an afternoon, we drove to MK Hospital and spent over two hours in the waiting room only to
be told our consultant hadn't turned up for work!! They are going to try to re-book it for next week now.
That will be the third time it's been cancelled, what can you do - nought is the answer...

Oh, nearly forgot, my BG tonight was a 5.7 I'm happy with that.

5.4 for me, before a meal of a daal.

How do other T2s find lentils? The recipe claims it's very low in carbs, but I worked out a portion was getting on for almost 40g of carbs?!?

5.4 forgot to post spent 2 hours this afternoon trying to sort out appointment that keeps being made for me for gastro when I've neverbeen referred its like talking to a brick wall they know it's not me and have no idea why I was refered

5.4 forgot to post spent 2 hours this afternoon trying to sort out appointment that keeps being made for me for gastro when I've neverbeen referred its like talking to a brick wall they know it's not me and have no idea why I was refered
The letters with appointments my other half gets never say what the speciality is just the name of the Consultant (or a member of the team) so as Consultants can change it is always a guess whether it is Gasto, Urology or Cardiology.
When he was in hospital he was seen by numerous consultants including an obstetrician as he was visited by my daughter.

My idiot count was only 1 yesterday but was both the stressful and worrying! Think it contributed to my 10.1 and bed (brain drained) by 10:00.

The letters with appointments my other half gets never say what the speciality is just the name of the Consultant (or a member of the team) so as Consultants can change it is always a guess whether it is Gasto, Urology or Cardiology.
When he was in hospital he was seen by numerous consultants including an obstetrician as he was visited by my daughter.
the best part is i did only have one consultant when i was in hospital 7 months ago, known mentioned any need to be seen again only the Diabetic team who discharged me over to the GP, I had a letter about a month ago which was a copy that had also been sent to my GP, saying i hadn't attended an appointment which i was never even given, they said then they had no idea why, fingers crossed its sorted out this time but i wont hold my breath.

I'm happy with a 5.7 earlier this fine evening.

It's the magic number for me this wet evening - 5.2 - not had one of those in a while.

5.9 for me this evening at 7pm just before having a meal out at our favourite Bisto I had blade of beef with veg and small portion of mash followed by a naughty Chocolate brownie and cream an 2 couple of glasses of wine 7.3 now so happy with that

Last edited:
Before supper 8.0. My first physio in weeks knocked my BG to the floor, treated but increased metabolism sent it down again mid-afternoon but overtreated so finished slightly higher than it should have! Sadly woken by phantom pain.

Was a 6.0 about 7:00. New sensor arrived about 9:00 courtesy of Amazon. I will report back on it and supplier when I have had 14 days running.

@Barrowman and @harbottle the thread misses your input! 🙂

I'm here! @MikeyBikey .....Evening all

And tonight's happy number is 7.2 - I had an interesting afternoon painting fences just for a change instead of
sitting in front of the box watching films.

Hello! I’ve been a bit busy and also got told by the nurse that I didn’t need to test… so I am trying to cut down.

An 8.3 tonight. Would have been better but was very inactive, in fact I feel asleep, after last night. Hope I get a good night's sleep tonight.

5.4 for me, before a meal of a daal.

How do other T2s find lentils? The recipe claims it's very low in carbs, but I worked out a portion was getting on for almost 40g of carbs?!?
Yes I found that out the hard way after making tomato and lentil soup. Lentils spike my sugar big time

Back