Zero carbs? An appeal to low and very low carb members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone who does this will become very ill - not a good suggestion for any one who wants to stay healthy.
Why do you think that?

I enjoy Skips. A full packet is only 7.6g carbs.
So 5g is about 2/3 of a packet.
But they are the lowest carb packet I have found.
Was thinking 5g weight packs, didn’t think I’d seen packs weighing below about 10-15g

I enjoy Skips. A full packet is only 7.6g carbs.
So 5g is about 2/3 of a packet.
But they are the lowest carb packet I have found.

Multipacks I've bought are all around 13g.
Much the same as quavers, (bit heavier).

This post was split away from an earlier thread
because it risked becoming a distraction

I think the suggestion that you don’t need any carbs and the inference that zero carbs is a viable possibility seems weird to me. And actually quite misleading.

My stirfries and stews would typically contain

carrots - 10% carb
onion - 9% carb
garlic - 3% carb
broccoli - 7% carb
mushrooms - 3% carb
cabbage - 6% carb

and perhaps a sprinkling of
sesame seeds - 23% carb
cashew nuts - 30% carb

and in stews additionally things like
celeriac - 6% carb
swede - 9% carb

So with a zero carb diet, I could have none of those things. I can’t find any vegetables that are 0% carbs.

Neither could I eat

Cheese - 1.5% carb
Bacon - 1.5% carb
or Eggs - 1.1% carb

Or even Psyllium husk (11% non-fibre carbs) to help with the constipation.

I could eat meat, and drink oil and water. And that’s it. Well… with the addition of multivitamins to try to get around the significant lack of vitamins and minerals. Hardly practical, sustainable or healthy.

So can I please request that members who find a very low carb approach works for them stop repeating the assertion that you “don’t need any carbs”, or that “the required amount of carbs in the diet is zero”. Because to me it’s just a bit of a silly suggestion, and not really practically applicable for most people.
I'm a Carbon-based Lifeform so carbohydrates are a simple and effective way of topping up and maintaining the carbon I need to live.

Its not very many, but they were delish. I'm going wild tonight with 8g!
A dear friend of mine sent me some plant pop snacks, Lotus seed Bites. I have the smoked chilli one its 12g carbs per packet but I can only eat half a packet at a time (6g carbs) as they are quite hot. I think they do other flavours though. Crispy Crunchy Snacks

In a short hospital stay, I told them I was Type 2 following a reduced carb eating plan. This is what I got served up with:

B: Sugary cereal in a box, full fat milk, a roll with butter and a jam sachet
L: Pre-packed white cheese salad sandwich, banana
D: A very nice chicken casserole in a tomato and onion sauce, plus 4 large boiled potatoes, steamed pudding and custard.

When I reminded them I was low carb, I was told that was what the previous patient in the bed had ordered for me, and there was no alternative. Thank goodness I was then discharged!

WOW no flexibility then, you get what the previous patient ordered, at least the chicken casserole was a hit :D

Why do you think that?
Just catching up with this bb

referring to what you posted previously
"bulkbiker said:
The main thrust behind zero carb is eating only animal sourced food. Some have dairy others won't.

Some simply eat beef, salt and drink water."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that because --Its just not enough to keep the body in good health. Its not a balanced diet, it does not have all the required nutrients the body needs to stay healthy and fight off infections. fresh fruits, vegetables nuts seeds all contain essential nutrients (vitamins and minerals, fibre etc) I would say the person that only consumes animal sourced food, salt and water is in for some serious health issues down the line and in the interim some very uncomfortable and unnecessary gut microbiome probs.

Take good care of your body, only you can.

Just catching up with this bb

referring to what you posted previously
"bulkbiker said:
The main thrust behind zero carb is eating only animal sourced food. Some have dairy others won't.

Some simply eat beef, salt and drink water."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that because --Its just not enough to keep the body in good health. Its not a balanced diet, it does not have all the required nutrients the body needs to stay healthy and fight off infections. fresh fruits, vegetables nuts seeds all contain essential nutrients (vitamins and minerals, fibre etc) I would say the person that only consumes animal sourced food, salt and water is in for some serious health issues down the line and in the interim some very uncomfortable and unnecessary gut microbiome probs.

Take good care of your body, only you can.
tbh i think blood sugar can be hormone related . yes , men get menopause as well as woman so both have hormones. Hormones need a big of what you like too…. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back