Wordle - Quordle Thread

I am gutted.... Had a brilliant start with Wordle and Quordle and then it all fell apart in the middle of Octordle :( No total for me but posting the results I got...

Wordle in 3
Quordle 2 7 5 4 = 18
Octordle X 3 X 10 11 6 12 13 which apparently gives me a result of 83

@MikeyBikey I am not sure you posted a result from yesterday apart from a half time score? Are you trying to gloss over a defeat? o_O

Good luck in the morning everyone!

No @rebrascora I completed being "Mikey in the Middle" but just ran out of energy in the heat (31C) and forgot to update! So here ius my declaration:

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 26 (8, 6, 5, 7)
Octordle to the wire for 62

Totsl Score 92

Screenshot_20230611_131622.jpg

Screenshot_20230611_131533.jpg

Screenshot_20230611_131455.jpg

Pedestrian again for me, at least four occasions where I chose the right word all but one letter.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 7,9,4,8
Octordle in 64, one life left.
Total 96
At least @rebrascora has saved me from the wooden spoon today.

3, 26 and 60 makes 89 for me

Starting to recognise some of these words as repeat entries now. Or that might be me imposing human thought onto what is much more likely a computerised word generator. Does anyone know if they are all bot generated?

Pretty dismal 99 for me. I have little doubt these words are generated by computer, given how often words appear that are never likely to be used in casual conversation.

Attachments

• IMG_1364.png
    IMG_1364.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 1
I think I read somewhere that there’s a bank of words that they use for answers, and then a much larger bank of acceptable words for guesses.
I've certainly got to the point where I think 'Oh no, it won’t be that word, it’s never that.'

Still waiting for transport and will be late again! Have finished a D here gors:

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 8 for 22 (3, 8, 5, 6)
Octordle in 22 for 59

Total Score 84!

Congratulations @rebrascora! We eoylg have drawn if I hadn't gone the wrong way on my last word in Octordle (top left and a bloody silly one at that)!

Transport have informed me running late and my dressings need changing and if I don't arrive at least 10 minutes before end of slot I will not be seen today...

I think I read somewhere that there’s a bank of words that they use for answers, and then a much larger bank of acceptable words for guesses.
I've certainly got to the point where I think 'Oh no, it won’t be that word, it’s never that.'
That ties in with what I have noticed. Some words come up relatively frequently and other words just don't come up at all and then there will be words that just have one letter difference that come up regularly but almost seem to alternate and I try to think back to which one was used the last time and will they fool me this time and it be the same one again rather than the alternate. The 3rd word in Quordle today was a prime example. Had first 4 letters and the last could be one of 3 options and all 3 have cropped up more than once. I am sure their bank of words includes a lot like this. I think they also have a list of words that have rarer letters like q and z to slot in occasionally, but quite how they are chosen and whether it is random I am not sure. And lets not get started on the US spellings, which means that some 6 letter English words appear with 5 letters. 🙄

That ties in with what I have noticed. Some words come up relatively frequently and other words just don't come up at all and then there will be words that just have one letter difference that come up regularly but almost seem to alternate and I try to think back to which one was used the last time and will they fool me this time and it be the same one again rather than the alternate. The 3rd word in Quordle today was a prime example. Had first 4 letters and the last could be one of 3 options and all 3 have cropped up more than once. I am sure their bank of words includes a lot like this. I think they also have a list of words that have rarer letters like q and z to slot in occasionally, but quite how they are chosen and whether it is random I am not sure. And lets not get started on the US spellings, which means that some 6 letter English words appear with 5 letters. 🙄
I wonder if it’s random, or whether they have different setters, sometimes my starting word works fine for about a week, other times it’s the worst for several days running. And it seems to vary as to whether there are loads of repeat letters in the words or not. And as you say, they’ll suddenly throw in a curveball and have something like Jazzy.

Yes, I have definitely wondered about that as there is an ebb and flow with my starting word letters. Mine has a G and H in it and often all 3 puzzles with have multiple words with Gs and/or Hs and it can be like that for a week or more and then I hit a bad spell when there are hardly any and I get to the stage that I contemplate changing my starting word. I only did it once for one day and my starting word came up in one of the puzzles that day, having never appeared before....that taught me!!

Well I was comsistent today.... but not in a good way ie. consistently poor! I scraped through each puzzle on the last life so I am posting a cricket score...

Wordle in 6
Quordle 8 4 6 9 = 27
Octordle with a score of 69

Total for the day 102

Somehow I think that is beatable 🙄 but some of them were a little tricky, so might not be the only one to get a century.

Middle of the road for me, there were some tricky ones today (tricky as in, 'is that even a word?') I did manage one life left on all of them, though.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 5,3,8,6
Octordle in 62.
Total 89

Pretty dismal here, with a grand total of 97.

Attachments

• IMG_1371.png
    IMG_1371.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 1
Wordle 5
Quordle 4, 5, 6, 8 for 23
Octordle in 60
Gives 88 and a very slender nose in front of @Robin

What was the outcome from the weekend's fanfare BTW? Jacket and tie well received? Sounded fun

What was the outcome from the weekend's fanfare BTW? Jacket and tie well received? Sounded fun
If that question is directed at me, it went well thanks, but not a competition, just showcasing what horses were used for in everyday life before the internal combustion engine took over the roads...... although old buses and trams were also running on site to ferry people around, so the horses had a lot to cope with as the trams and buses clank and whirr (and grind when someone doesn't find the right gear 🙄 as well as heavy horses pulling iron tired drays coming rumbling past them on the cobbles in the museum town centre and of course people, push chairs and disability scooters everywhere. I had my work cut out making sure that children in particular didn't get stood on or knocked by a horse trying to shake off a fly, as of course they all wanted to pet the horses and most of them had no horse sense. It was a little stressful, but the lads did really well and I was the only one to catch a hoof when a cleg landed on Zak and started biting and sucking blood before I found it. Thankfully just a front foot and much rather me than a member of the public but I have a decent bruise to show for it. All part of having horses and not the horses fault.

If you haven't ever been to Beamish Museum, it is well worth a visit to experience the past as it was lived. You will recognize gadgets that your grandparents or parents used or kept as ornaments/keepsakes of the past. There is a pit village with coal mine, a whole victorian town centre with shops and a bank and a dentists (eek!), a steam train, a 17th century manor house and a wartime farm and they have just opened some elements of the new 1950s area to keep it relevant. It is a massive site dedicated to the past.

Sounds epic and yes was directed at you, sorry foegot to direct my @....

Will bear beamish in mind for next time we're in the region

Sorry things were really getting to me this morning: being in a wheelchair, issues with my foot, erratic BG, etc. I wish they had a punch bag at physio so I could be Rocky for ten minutes. Anyway here goes:

Wordle in 5 (what a stupid word!)
Quordle in 8 for 24 (6, 7, 8, 3) - two repeats of recent words!
Octordle to the wire for 70

Total Score 99!

First on?
Pedestrian again.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 9,8,6,7
Octordle in 68, one life left.
Total 101

Back