Wordle - Quordle Thread

Pretty mediocre overall result for me this morning, with a grand total of 88. I count that as a win, though, because I had a very rocky morning due to the fact that my Dexcom G7 decided to go completely nuts as I was making breakfast. So, I had to replace it and file a report with Dexcom support to order a replacement. I could think of better ways to start my day!
Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 07.57.41.png

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 4,7,9,8
Octordle in 68 with one life left.
Total 100.
The best I can say is that I completed them, and that I relieved @rebrascora of the wooden spoon.

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 4,7,9,8
Octordle in 68 with one life left.
Total 100.
The best I can say is that I completed them, and that I relieved @rebrascora of the wooden spoon.
Robin you are so kind..... starting to wonder if you and Mikey are "throwing" the occasional game to make me feel better though. 🙄 Think perhaps I need to change my starting word, but I hate change and I like to start the day with a "LAUGH"!

Robin you are so kind..... starting to wonder if you and Mikey are "throwing" the occasional game to make me feel better though. 🙄 Think perhaps I need to change my starting word, but I hate change and I like to start the day with a "LAUGH"!
I’m usually 'slow and steady' though, I never seem to play the occasional blinder like the rest of you do,

I’m usually 'slow and steady' though, I never seem to play the occasional blinder like the rest of you do,

Slow and steady usually wins the race. Consistency is almost certainly better than very occasional flashes of brilliance but rubbish most of the time 🙄 What narks me is that Mikey has more than his share of brilliance!!

So another late Wordle filing on not a particularly good day overall.

Wordle in 4
Quordle to the wire with a high score of 27 (6, 8, 9, 4)
and Octordle in 12 with a score of 63.

Total score 94!

Hate to say it but I've had yet another failure! 🙄

Wordle in 5.
Quordle 8 4 7 5 = 24
Octordle, I had a great start but then had too many choices on too many words and went for the wrong letters first.

Therefore no total for me today.
Hope you guys do better later in the morning.

Dismal result this morning, due purely to being on the wrong side of several 50/50 chances in Octordle. Grand total a pitiful 101.
Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 08.31.44.png

Oh that makes me feel better, I was slow and steady almost the the point of wading through treacle this morning.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 5,8,6,9
Octordle in 72 at the last gasp.
Total 103

I had to abandon half way through Quordle with hypo head! :( Anyway came back after GP (race don't know of GP who works Sundays) and struggled through. For the first time ever I solved every game with a life to spare. 4, 3 and 5 on Octordle were particularly difficult withktd of scribbles going on. So the scores are:

Wordle in 5
Quordle in 8 with a score of 26 (5, 5, 8, 6)
Octordle in 12 with a score of 61

Screenshot_20230319_222127.jpg

Screenshot_20230319_221933.jpg

Screenshot_20230319_221830.jpg

Total 92! 🙂

A little better this morning than yesterday, but still a less than stellar total of 92. One of the Octordle answers, that I worked out through process of elimination, is a word that's certainly new to me.

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 07.31.58.png

Wordle in 3, used up my luck for the day choosing the correct option of two words I thought of.
Quordle in 6,5,4,8. Chose the wrong option first for the starting letter of the last.
Octordle in 64, with one life left, a similar unlucky guess part way through.
Total 90. Better than yesterday, at least.

I started really well, played a blinder at Quordle, then felt pressure to complete Octordle, so decided to play it safe... except playing it safe used up lives and then bad luck used up more lives until I had 6 words to complete with 6 lives left and of course I blew it. 🙄 Got down to 2 words left, both of which I knew but only one life. So...

Wordle in 3
Quordle 4 3 6 5 for a score of 18
Crashed and burned Octordle. @littlevoice359 I am guessing that odd word was the one that normally goes with another word with just one letter different, so you don't expect to see it on it's own. It threw me for a while and was one of the reasons why I lost a life I couldn't afford.

Since the wooden spoon is clearly destined to remain in my possession, I decided to use it this morning to eat my yoghurt and berries. I should point out that it is a beautiful, hand whittled wooden porridge spoon. Just really wanting to flaunt what you lot are missing in beating me every day😉😎 since I clearly can't flaunt my puzzle skills. 🙄

IMG_20230320_091801665.jpg

Worle in 4 but have to leave others as waiting for transport and battery going! Libre hogs the processor and eats faster than my friend's Renault eats its battery!

Well a very mixed bag today.

Wordle in a very average 4
Stormed through Quordle in 6 with my lowest ever score of 18 (4, 5, 6, 3)
This boosted my confjdence and I started Octordle well and then it started going wrong when I dailied when I should have dillied resulting in me scraping home for 69!

Total score 91 midway between @littlevoice359 and @Robin! :rofl:

Screenshot_20230320_222452.jpg

Screenshot_20230320_222316.jpg

Screenshot_20230320_222210.jpg

Early start for me this morning and I tried to remain calm, restrained and focused and as a result I managed to get through all 3 successfully, which is a step in the right direction...

Wordle in 3. Was unlucky not to get in 2 but could have been 4 so not complaining.
Quordle down to the wire 8 4 5 9 = 26
Octordle was much better with a score of 60 and 2 lives left

Total for the day 89

Grand total of 94 for me this morning, which is only that good because of two particularly lucky guesses on my part - one in Wordle and the other in Octordle (top left).

Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 07.43.44.png

Overall a very average day for me.

Wordle in 4
Quordle to the wire with a score of 27 (8, 6, 4, 9) compared to yesterday's 18!
Octordle with two lives to spare and a score of 59

Giving me a total score of 90

Screenshot_20230321_100619.jpg

Screenshot_20230321_100453.jpg

Screenshot_20230321_100350.jpg

Back