Wordle - Quordle Thread

Better this morning, thankfully, though a mixture of good and bad luck resulted in a pretty mediocre total of 93.
Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 07.52.03.png

Overall an average day I would say! Had a lucky guess to get Wordle in 2 but I had used it numerous times yesterday. Quordle on a decent 7 with a score of 22 (6, 4, 7, 5) and Octordle to the wire with 67 (started well but then struggled and was lucky at the end).

Screenshot_20230311_090357.jpg

Screenshot_20230311_090259.jpg

Screenshot_20230311_090129.jpg

Total 91

Wonder if @rebrascora van beat us all? 🙂
Nope! Definitely not.... I crumbled under the pressure!
Wordle in 5...
Made some inspired choices in Quordle to get 5 3 4 7 for a total of 19
Started well in Octordle but then got bogged down with the 3rd word. You know when you are convinced you know what it must be and then, when it isn't that, you think "Oh no, it must be such and such" and then when that isn't right either you think, well it can only be .... and by the time you get it, you have blown 5 lives. That said, I am not familiar with the word so I used all the other possible options before it was almost the only first letter left.
Anyway, I crashed and burned with one word left, so wooden spoon award for me again today!

Nope! Definitely not.... I crumbled under the pressure!
Wordle in 5...
Made some inspired choices in Quordle to get 5 3 4 7 for a total of 19
Started well in Octordle but then got bogged down with the 3rd word. You know when you are convinced you know what it must be and then, when it isn't that, you think "Oh no, it must be such and such" and then when that isn't right either you think, well it can only be .... and by the time you get it, you have blown 5 lives. That said, I am not familiar with the word so I used all the other possible options before it was almost the only first letter left.
Anyway, I crashed and burned with one word left, so wooden spoon award for me again today!

I struggled with 2, 3 and 6, and was rather lucky!

Sending a (better luck next time emoji)!

Yes, those were the same ones that I struggled with, but it was 3 which ate up all my lives. Who knew there were so many first letter options for those last 4 letters. I really must learn to be more disciplined and not jump for the obvious without going through and assessing all the possible options. I think doing so well in Quordle made me a bit too Gung Ho in Octordle. As you say, can only hope I do better next time.

Well, an inspired start today went steadily down hill but I just scraped through them all...

Wordle in 2 after one green letter and nothing else in my first word. I decided on my next word, typed it out but amazingly just before I hit send, I decided to change one of the letters and it must have been divine inspiration because I got it in 2. The god of Wordle was clearly smiling down on me even if only momentarily!
Quordle in 6 4 8 7 so a total of 25.
Octordle down to the wire with a score of 68. I was left with 2 options for my last word on my last life and for once I picked the right one.

Total for the day a rather poor 95 but at least I completed them all.

What a truly dreadful set of puzzles. A crappy 111 grand total for me 😡

Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 07.40.23.png

Ugh!
Wordle in 4
Quordle was a fail! Spent too many lives chasing one with 4 correct letters, having failed to see I'd got the correct starting letter further up!.
Octordle in 68 with one life left.

My 95 is starting to look better than I expected. Come on Mikey! Show us how it is done!

Ugh!
Wordle in 4
Quordle was a fail! Spent too many lives chasing one with 4 correct letters, having failed to see I'd got the correct starting letter further up!.
Octordle in 68 with one life left.

Neary did that the other day. Decided a word didn't have a Y as one at end not highlighted] but initially missed one earlier in word! :(

Finally got here! Was posting earlier but nodded off!

So it's Wordle in 4, Quordle in 9 with a score of 26 (6, 4, 9, 7) and Octordle in 12 with a score of 60. Octordle could have been 22 as I had lerrers 1, 3 and 4 for position 3 but thought no they wouldn't use that but they did!

Screenshot_20230312_183313.jpg

Screenshot_20230312_183213.jpg

Screenshot_20230312_183118.jpgI

Total 90 which is what I feel! :( But tomorrow is another day! 🙂

Much better today, with a grand total of 85. Very lucky to even get that, because I took a wild guess for one of the words that paid off. Difficult puzzles today, short on vowels and long on repeated consonants - never fun!
Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 07.50.40.png

Poor for me this morning.
Wordle in 5
Failed Quordle, I was too rash and luck wasn’t with me.
Octordle in 68, one life left, played it very defensively.

As often happens, I pretty much twinned with @Robin this morning....

Wordle in 5
Failed Quordle after blowing all my lives on 1 3 and 4, I was left with no lives to even attempt 2 and only one letter, so I was many a mile away...
Better at Octordle with 2 lives left and a score of 58.

No total as I didn't complete the trio.

As often happens, I pretty much twinned with @Robin this morning....

Wordle in 5
Failed Quordle after blowing all my lives on 1 3 and 4, I was left with no lives to even attempt 2 and only one letter, so I was many a mile away...
Better at Octordle with 2 lives left and a score of 58.

No total as I didn't complete the trio.

You are able to totalise as Octordle awards 14 (max. tries + 1) for missed words so in a similar vein you can default missed words in Quordle to 10.and thus produce a total!

And don't forget Team Wordle it is Quiz Night on BBC2 tonight! 🙂

You are able to totalise as Octordle awards 14 (max. tries + 1) for missed words so in a similar vein you can default missed words in Quordle to 10.and thus produce a total!

And don't forget Team Wordle it is Quiz Night on BBC2 tonight! 🙂
Yes, I appreciate that, but as far as I am concerned I am not interested in a total if I don't complete them all. It is a failure and that is the end of it for me.
Afraid I don't have TV so no quiz night for me. :(

And rather ate despite all being doneby 10:00am my Wordle scores.

Wordle on 3
Quordle in 8 with a score of 23 (7, 8, 5,3)
Octordle in 11 with a score of 60.

Screenshot_20230313_085654.jpg

Screenshot_20230313_085604.jpg

Screenshot_20230313_085440.jpg

Totsl score 86.

Back