Wordle - Quordle Thread

Not too bad for me today, though I had hoped for a better Octordle score. Still, I finished all of them, so that's good.

My sympathies @rebrascora. Last night sounds like it was not any fun at all. I hope the painkiller gave you some comfort.
Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 07.34.39.png

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 4376
Octordle in 55. I was storming through Octordle, but came a cropper over the my last word, when it took three tries to get the starting letter, Otherwise I’d have set a personal best.

Ouch, @rebrascora , I hope the sciatica settles down quickly, it’s not nice. Assume you might have soft tissue swelling from the fall, that’s pressing on something? Anti inflammatories might help.

It’s quiet in here, everyone else wrapping presents? I should be, but I'm off riding instead.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8,6,7,4
Octordle in 65.
All very average.

Wordle in 4. Quordle 5,6,7,9. Bombed on Octordle with miserable 85.

Well, I started off really well with a 2 for Wordle...... then it all went rather horribly downhill!
Completely crashed and burned with Quordle to the point that I am embarrassed to confess, I only got one word out of the four. 😱 😡
Made it home with a life to spare and and very mediocre score of 65 with Octordle.
Definitely one of my less good days!

Off to good start in Wordle, but kinda went downhill from there.

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 08.18.33.png

Another very poor effort on my part.
Wordle in 4.
Crashed and burned on Quordle again today but at least I got 3 out of 4 this time.
Octordle on the last life with a big score of 73.

Wordle in 4, I got stuck for ages trying to think of anything that would fit.
Crashed and burned on Quordle, had three possibilities for the last letter of the last word, and chose two wrong ones first, and ran out of goes.
Octordle in a bog standard 64, big relief, as I didn’t seem to be getting anywhere for ages.

Well, better than yesterday, happily.
Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 08.07.16.png

Very average today
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8,2,3,6, had a good start, then got stuck in the middle.
Octordle in 69, would have been better if I hadn’t chosen the wrong one of two choices for the last word, c'est la vie.

Woerlde was 2 yesterday(a lucky start) but back to three for wordle and nerdle today.

Last edited:
Wordle in 3 today.
Another personal best at Quordle
Daily Quordle 333
3️⃣6️⃣
5️⃣2️⃣
quordle.com
Octordle with a decidedly average-poor score of 66.

A bit of a mixed bag today. Did great with the first too, but came a cropper in Octordle -picked the wrong option for the last word. Oh well, such is life.
Screenshot 2022-12-24 at 08.02.58.png

Wordle in 3 which I was lucky to get because I got nothing with my first try.
Quordle was a bit of a struggle but got there with one life to spare 6 8 7 5
Just scraped through Octordle on my last life with a score of 66.

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 7,8,6,5
Octordle in 68.
All nice and safe, I was trying my sister's technique for Quordle and Octordle, where she uses the first four goes to try and use as many different letters as possible. It works, in that you usually get a safe result, but it’s no fun, because you’re never going to get an inspired low score.

Happy Christmas everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Screenshot 2022-12-25 at 07.36.06.png

Happy Christmas!
Wordle in 3, all downhill from here.
Failed Quordle, was doing quite well, but got completely stuck on the bottom right.
Octordle in 76, scraping home on the last go. I did worse doing my own 'inspired guess' method than with my sister's process of elimination.

Good morning and a Happy Christmas to one and all! Wordle in a decent 3, Quordle a decent (6, 5, 4, 7), and a pleasing 56 for Octordle after being in the low seventies for the last two days. Would have been better if I hadn't Hadd to throw in a "consonant hunter" after four words!

Screenshot_20221225_085336.jpg

Screenshot_20221225_085243.jpg

Screenshot_20221225_085148.jpg

Not a great start with Wordle with a final score of 5 🙄
Quordle was better with 7 6 4 5 and 2 lives left.
Octordle again with 2 lives left and a score of 59.

@Robin I use your sister's method if my first word doesn't throw up a reasonably safe bet or I have a gut feeling, then I have a second word that I always use and if that also doesn't throw up a reasonably safe bet, I go for my third word choice to use up the remaining common letters. I have never needed to take that strategy to a fourth word and don't have a predetermined 4th word if it ever came to that, but by the third word there is usually a safe bet which will then help me with the order of the letters in the other words.

Much better day today with the puzzles...
Wordle in 3
Quordle 7 6 2 4 with 2 lives left.
Daily Octordle #336
5️⃣
9️⃣7️⃣
4️⃣3️⃣
8️⃣6️⃣
Score: 52.... A new personal best for me :D 😎

Back