Wordle - Quordle Thread

Tricky ones today with start words not being massively productive. Wordle managed a lucky guess for a 3, Quordle was a 5, 4, 8, 6 for 23, and ending with a 57 on Octordle for a total of 83.

I am back to my old form.....

Wordle in 4
Quordle 5 4 X 8 = DNF 😡
Octordle for 55 and could have been less if I hadn't had bad luck!

Late entry as after my bad night and early doors appointment I nodded of after lunch. I had fantastic luck on Wordle as you will see but not after.

Wordle for 2
Quordle 9 for 25 (5, 4, 9, 7)
Octordle in 12 for 62

Total Score 89!

Screenshot_20240319-165958~2.png

Odd one for me. I've got a 3, 7, 6, 5 21 for Quordle, and a 52 for Octordle, but completely stuck on Wordle. Two guesses down, 3 yellow letters, and zero words that I can think of that fit. One to come back to tomorrow.

Odd one for me. I've got a 3, 7, 6, 5 21 for Quordle, and a 52 for Octordle, but completely stuck on Wordle. Two guesses down, 3 yellow letters, and zero words that I can think of that fit. One to come back to tomorrow.

I got it in 3 and it took some head scratching to get there, but then struggled with Quordle and went down to the wire and finally flunked Octordle, so it is a DNF for me again today.

Wide awake but cannot see my phone screen as the Pixel Pixies have used the AI brightness controller to darken the screen so I cannot make anything out !Is the Wordle PIXIE or FAIRY by any chance as DF also likes playing about?! :rofl: Or maybe Wordle Wizard has put in a 6-letter word! 🙂

I got it in 3 and it took some head scratching to get there, but then struggled with Quordle and went down to the wire and finally flunked Octordle, so it is a DNF for me again today.
Took a quick look this morning and an option came quickly to mind which happily was correct. So that's a 3 making a total for the day of 76.

It is funny how leaving it and then coming back to it suddenly gives you a different perspective and you just see it, when before it seemed impossible.

Yet again my friend @rebrascora for saving me from the Spoon of Wood although my score is deserving of one as I went to the wire with every game. On Attempt 5 on Wordle I put in an anagram and on Attempt 12 on Octordle I entered a little used word from the known and remaining letters! A tricky day and I think the first I have run the wire on every game!

Wordle in 6
Quordle to the wire for 26 (3, 6, 9, 8)
Octordle to the wire for 68

Total Score - A Ton Up 100 {rocker on Triton emoji}

Tricky set of words today. Wordle I'd normally be happy with 3 clues from first guess, but loads of options after that. Had to resort to an elimination word at row 4 to make sure of finishing in 5. Quordle went fine with a 3, 5, 6, 7 21 and ended with a 59 on Octordle for a total of 85.

I had 4 green letters in Wordle by my second attempt and then I decided to stray from hard mode and use a life to eliminate the options at 3 and got it in 4.
Quordle to the wire with 8 3 5 9 = 25
Octordle also to the wire for 68

Total for the day is 97 but at least I completed them all, so I am taking that as a win, even if it only wins me my spoon.

My starting word obv gave me an advantage in Wordle today, did it on 3, the rest was the usual middle of the road.
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 5,8,6,7 = 26
Octordle in 59
Total 88

My starter is Wordle in 4 as put a Yankee word in 3 but letter positioning eliminated a lot of possibilities! 🙂

Needed a nap after the hardest physio of the year. Walked twice as far as last week and then pumped iron where Reps x Weight = 805kg. My PB is 2,300 kg in a session!

Quordle in 8 for 22 (3, 8, 5, 6)
Octordle in 12 for 62

Total Score 88! Tying with my friend @Robin ! 🙂

Last edited:
Quordle was the difficult one for me today. First couple of words not very productive and then ended up with 3 words left to cover 4 options, and no complete elimination word available that I could think of. Eventually figured out a plan to ensure I finished.

Wordle in 3, Quordle with an 8, 5, 4, 6 for 23, and a 52 on Octordle. Total of 78.

Scraped through them all today but lucky to do so and several words with lots and lots of options that I abandonned hard mode and used elimination words to narrow it down in both Quordle and Octordle.

Wordle in 5
Quordle 8 4 6 5 = 23
Octordle to the wire for 65

Total for the day = 93 but feel like I did well just to complete them all.

Although no appointments today I was totally exhausted after physio yesterday and then had another night disrupted by phantom pain! Anyways:

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 23 (8, 6, 4, 5)
Octordle in 12 for 64 after I blew Word 2 early on by typing in an eliminated I instead of an O! I calculate it would have been 58 otherwise!

So I best total up as @rebrascora bites her nails

Total Score 91! Just missing the Spoon of Wood!

A bit tricky this morning. I managed to choose anagrams of the correct word in Wordle and Quordle so lost a few points there, but scraped through them all.

Wordle in 4
Quordle 3 7 5 6 = 21
Octordle for 63

Total = 88

Back