Wordle - Quordle Thread

I thought I did badly but looks like so far everyone is in the same boat although at least I had a life left in all 3 puzzles, unlike Mikey who seems to have used one of my leftover ones with a 7 in Wordle?? And he seems to have added it in to his total so maybe not a typo. I am being missing something? Anyway my results....

Wordle in 5
Quordle 5 6 3 8 = 22
Octordle for 65

Total for the day = 92...

Oops... forgot to hit the "post reply" button earlier...

Well spotted @rebrascora ! I actually did a typo and then add it in so I now corrected it although 99 was a nicer number as it reminded me of summer and ice cream! 🙂

I was keeping an eye out for he ambulance but it never came so I missed my podiatry appointment and have a stained (lymphatic fluid, blood, WHY) dressing like something out of a WWI field hospital! :(

Looks like I might be the first out the blocks! After a good Wordle it all fell apart but I suspect there may be a DNF later! :(

Wordle in 3
Quordle to the wire for 25 (4, 9, 7, 5)
Octordle to the wire for 70

Total Score 98!

Think my focus is poor! After waiting for transport for nearly three hours and being told I could no longer be seen (they are trying to arrange a district nurse visit) I got a call cancelling today's physiotherapy (not happy as I only get a mere hour per week)!

Pretty poor result here too (2+23+65=90). I’m amazed, frankly, to have gotten through all three - Octordle in particular. I only got one word by process of elimination and had to look it up to see what it meant.

Attachments

• IMG_2082.jpeg
    IMG_2082.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1
Some days everything just goes perfectly. Obscure words that are the only ones that fit just leap to mind and there are no problems at all thinking just what is going to go where. Some days. But not today. That really was a horrible pair of Quordle and Octordle with the difficult word generator machine definitely cranked up to 11. I did manage to get everything done though right to the wire on Quordle.

Wordle 3
Quordle 3, 5, 9, 6 for 23
Octordle 64

Makes a grand total of 90.

The one related to gardening? I had the same thing.
Oh, 'that' one, yes, I got it by process of elimination, personally I’d have spelt it with an e on the end, I suspect the 5 letter version is more American.

Oh, 'that' one, yes, I got it by process of elimination, personally I’d have spelt it with an e on the end, I suspect the 5 letter version is more American.
Apparently not. The OED site has it originating in late 1700s with it having a (slightly) different meaning/usage to the version with an e on the end.

4 5 9 7 = 25
Makes 95....

Nicd work sneaking in a 2 there @littlevoice359!

Haven't totaled mine up yet but like everyone I didn't exactly cover myself in glory, but at least managed to finish them all.... with a decent cricket score I suspect...

Wordle in 4
Quordle 6 2 7 5 = 20 I sat for ages working on that 2!
Octordle to the wore for a whopping 72

So that makes a total of 96

Interesting to think what makes a tricky Quordle or Octordle. I'd suggest....

Repeated letters, particularly where 3 of them.
Words that nobody has heard of or used in the last 300 years! I remember the uproar on Twitter when CAULK was the answer on Wordle.
'Standard' patterns. Words like ?a?er, ?ight.
Wide range of letters. e.g. If you have a Quordle where there are 5 different letters in each of the four words then that's going to decrease the hints you get for one word by working on another.

Good, bad, good for me today but I'm using the fact that I've got a visit from the evil BS level pixies going on as my excuse. Should really have left the puzzles till tomorrow.

Wordle a nice 3, then very nearly max score for Quordle with a 7, 5, 8, 9 29. Pride rescued with a 52 for Octordle giving a total of 84.

Now back to keeping fingers crossed that the latest set change will actually start dropping those levels down!

Good, bad, good for me today but I'm using the fact that I've got a visit from the evil BS level pixies going on as my excuse. Should really have left the puzzles till tomorrow.

Wordle a nice 3, then very nearly max score for Quordle with a 7, 5, 8, 9 29. Pride rescued with a 52 for Octordle giving a total of 84.

Now back to keeping fingers crossed that the latest set change will actually start dropping those levels down!
My commiserations. I know my brain gets fuzzy if my blood sugar is out of control. Hope things improve soon..

Well I am back to DNF today after surviving the tricky ones yesterday...

Wordle in 3
Quordle X 7 3 9 = DNF I made an obvious mistake on the second word because I had other things on my mind and losing that extra life that I couldn't afford cost me the game.
Octordle for 56.

Well I am back to DNF today after surviving the tricky ones yesterday...

Wordle in 3
Quordle X 7 3 9 = DNF I made an obvious mistake on the second word because I had other things on my mind and losing that extra life that I couldn't afford cost me the game.
Octordle for 56.

You saved me from the Spoon of Wood as @littlevoice359 pipoed me! ;(

Last edited:
21 & 4 makes 83
Sorry for the hit and miss showing recently, trying to juggle a few things 🙂
Hope all well with all

Back