Wordle - Quordle Thread

Got better and better this morning
Wordle in a sleepy 5
Quordle in 6 7 5 4 for 22
And Octordle in a rather pleasing 10 goes for 51

All sums to 78 which feels a lot brighter than the rain-on-window-jammed-in-commute 🙂

DNF disaster here I’m afraid. Messed up Quordle then lost interest…

Attachments

• IMG_1835.jpeg
    IMG_1835.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 2
A disasterous day! When I went to scan just before eating my breakfast the screen fell off my smartphone! So it rings and I can't answer, no Libre, etc... Anyway just plodded through on my PC with mind not particularly focused!

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 23 (4, 6, 5, 8)
Octordle in 12 for 65

Total Score 92!

Generally better than an hour ago.

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 22 (8, 5, 3, 6)
Octordle in 11 for 60

Total Score 86!

A typical Mikey in the Middle performance.

And of course the Wordle run on my phone has gone. It passed 370 a few days ago...

Pretty poor result (4+23+71=98) but at least I finished all three.

Attachments

• IMG_1838.jpeg
    IMG_1838.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 0
Like @Robin, I struggled with Quordle and it went to the wire but I scraped through.

Wordle in 4
Quordle 6 5 7 9 = 27
Octordle with 2 lives left and a score of 53.

Thanks to my Octordle result I have a competitive total of 84

Seems like a theme for some of us with a very near miss on Quordle but just scraped through
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 6 4 9 8 = 27
Octordle in 59

Makes 90 but alive!

It is an impressive and possibly unbeatable cricket score for me today, but the only prize it has a chance of winning me is the wooden spoon. Not sure how that compares to The Ashes! Maybe we should burn the wooden spoon and get a little urn to put the remains in.... then you lot might try harder to win it? Anyway....

Wordle in 3 .... Quite proud of that as I got nothing from my first word, so effectively got it in 2.
Quordle to the wire with 3 8 9 5 = 25
Octordle also to the wire with a score of 75

Total for the day 103

Been up for an hour. Think the stress of my SmartPhone issues getting to me and then as I tossed and turned the phantom pain started Quordle and Octordle were bl**dy awkward , and I took both to the wire!

Wordle in 3
Quordle in 9 for 28 (6, 5, 9, 8)
Octordle to the wire for 70

Total Score 101! Both a cricket score and the non-emergency police service (takes longer to get through to than the GP) just edging into the lead - sorry @rebrascora! Be interesting to see the other scores later today?!

Thanks to a bit of luck I managed to finish all three with a moderately good result (5+25+58=88).

Attachments

• IMG_1842.jpeg
    IMG_1842.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 0
Some toughies in there today...
Wordle in 3
Quordle in 5 9 4 7 = 25
Octordle in 60
Has me crossing the line shoulder to shoulder with @littlevoice359 with 88
Are we awaiting any more? The tension is too much...

Morning! Woke an hour ago with phantom pain yet again! Think it's all the stress and other issues related to the phone. Because of my provider's stupidity I bought a phone of Amazon. It's a return and refund (hope I get money in time for Christmas) as the seller is selling foreign spec ones that you cannot use for both payments and Libre! Anyway onto the Wordles.

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 23 (8, 6, 4, 5)
Octordle in 12 for 62

Total Score 89! Beatable I imagine ...

Wordle 855 4/6

⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜

Daily Quordle 636
8️⃣6️⃣
4️⃣5️⃣
m-w.com/games/quordle/
⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

Daily Octordle #636
6️⃣9️⃣
4️⃣
5️⃣
7️⃣8️⃣
Score: 62

Well, at least I finished them all today, if not in spectacular fashion. I got stuck for ages trying to think of a final word in Quordle.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8,6,4,7
Octordle in 68
Total 97

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 5 6 7 4 = 22
Octordle in 62
Makes 87

Funny ones really as I didn't think they were particularly hard but clearly not stellar scores from us thus far. Baton passed...

Another DNF disaster here. These puzzles are too much like a lottery to me some days. The fact I’m currently battling COVID probably doesn’t help.

Attachments

• IMG_1844.jpeg
    IMG_1844.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 3
DNF for me too in the early hours of this morning, so looks like @Mumpie_olgran is the champ for today Would just like to say I won at Wordle though as I got it in an inspired 3
Quordle 7 8 6 5 = 26
Octordle was the DNF but at least it was just on the first word so I am relieved to relinquish the booby prize to @littlevoice359 for today. Hope you feel better soon and it is a mild case of the lurgy. I am still ducking and dodging the C virus. There can't be many of us left now that haven't had it! That said, I am probably more at risk of getting equine flu since I mix more with horses than people!

DNF for me too in the early hours of this morning, so looks like @Mumpie_olgran is the champ for today Would just like to say I won at Wordle though as I got it in an inspired 3
Quordle 7 8 6 5 = 26
Octordle was the DNF but at least it was just on the first word so I am relieved to relinquish the booby prize to @littlevoice359 for today. Hope you feel better soon and it is a mild case of the lurgy. I am still ducking and dodging the C virus. There can't be many of us left now that haven't had it! That said, I am probably more at risk of getting equine flu since I mix more with horses than people!

When I was a youngster living on a farm I never heard equine flu mentioned. The most mentioned were ringworm and anthrax. Only one person I know got ringworm - she caught it walking barefoot through a field used for animals!

Back