Wordle - Quordle Thread

Mixed bag for me today...
Wordle in 2
Quordle... scraped through by the skin of my teeth 9 6 3 7 = 25
Octordle with a life left and a score of 57

Total for the day just sneaking ahead of @littlevoice359 on 84

AUNTY looked like a promising starting word with the weekly challenge, but like @Robin I blew it and crashed out on not just one but 2 words! I got fixated on getting the first word and didn't realise just how many options there would be until each one I tried was wrong. I wasted so many lives there I didn't have enough left to give me wriggle room for the other words and they needed plenty of wriggle room!

@MikeyBikey. I think we need to know your Aunty's first name since we have done this puzzle in her honour.... even if some of us didn't do her justice. 🙄

On autopilot I forgot I was using AUNTY on all games. After 3 attempts on Wordle I remembered and popped in a word that included my unused AUNTY letters. I used AUNTY as a starter for Quordle and Octordle but only managed to scrape through with high scores. Weekly Challenge later.

Wordle in 5
Quordle tto the wire for 28 (7, 8, 4. 9)
Octordle in 12 for 66

Cricket Score 99 - where's the ice cream! :rofl:

Screenshot_20231016_115407.jpg

Screenshot_20231016_115442.jpg

Screenshot_20231016_115627.jpg

And I did the Weekly Challenge in 8 for a very average 22 (6, 5, 3, 8). But 8 did remember to use AUNTY.

To answer @rebrascora's question her first name was Margot. The only other one I have come across is the Australian actress Margot Robbie. P. S. I still haven't found out her age!

Screenshot_20231016_173225.jpg

Just realise I won the Weekly Challenge again. As Margot was actually my aunt-in-law I will go for UNCLE next week. P.S. He actually has a five letter name with two vowels! :rofl:

Just realise I won the Weekly Challenge again. As Margot was actually my aunt-in-law I will go for UNCLE next week. P.S. He actually has a five letter name with two vowels! :rofl:
You might be a little ahead of yourself Mikey as @Mumpie_olgran hasn't completed the Weekly Challenge yet as he failed Quordle today. I like the idea of using UNCLE next week though.
How about Margot Fonteyn the prima ballerina and of course Margot from "The Good Life"
RIP Aunty Margot!

You might be a little ahead of yourself Mikey as @Mumpie_olgran hasn't completed the Weekly Challenge yet as he failed Quordle today. I like the idea of using UNCLE next week though.
How about Margot Fonteyn the prima ballerina and of course Margot from "The Good Life"
RIP Aunty Margot!

Opps, not in the ball as was at podiatry this morning and playing telephone tag this afternoon. Got a text reminder about an appointment that I had requested to be changed last week. Apparently they hadn't cancelled the old one or made a new one! Every time you call it's 30 minutes to get through. They will send out a new appointment as they cannot access them so I might get another clash! :(

Last edited:
I remembered to use AUNTY for all three today it will revert to my usual starter tomorrow. Not thinking particularly clearly I took a reckless guess on my second go on each game. With Wordle it lead me to the answer but on the other two they gave me no useful information beyond excluding a letter.

Wordle in 3
Quordle to the wire for 25 (4, 9, 7, 5)
Octordle to the wire for 75

Total Score 103!

So it's the Spoon of Wood for me unless there is a DNF which is not beyond the realms of possibility! :rofl:

Had a good start, but tailed off to mediocre.
Wordle in 2
Quordle in 7,4,8,6
Octordle in 67
Total 94

Tied with @Robin on 94 (2,26,66).

Attachments

• IMG_1830.jpeg
    IMG_1830.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1
I completed them last night but I haven't totaled them yet but I think I did alright...

Wordle in 4
Quordle 7 6 3 8 = 24
Octordle in 55.... I had a good run on this today with my first 5 words coming one after the other on goes 3 4 5 6 & 7.

Total looks like 83.

Hello again... I haven't been storing up a good score in absentia

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 7 5 4 8 = 24
Octordle in 67

For an unimpressive 95

As well as a pretty uninspired weekly (with aunty) of 5 6 7 8 = 26

Edit: which means we're on UNCLE next week, which is a great suggestion in my book

Did Wordle and Quordle when I got up for tea and painkillers with average results. A couple of hours later Octordle flowed through.

Wordle in 4 (had an anagram to solve after 3)
Quordle in 7 for 20 (6, 3, 4, 7)
Octordle in 11 for 54

Total Score 78!

Less that mediocre for me I think but hopefully not wooden spoon....

Wordle in 4
Quordle 6 7 8 5 = 26
Octordle in 59 with one life left

Total for the day = 89

I know it has happened once before but a word turned up in two puzzles on the same day again! If they were set by the same organization I would suspect it was a ploy but when they are generated randomly as I assume they are and by different organizations, it just seems weird. I desperately tried to convince myself it must be something else, when I first suspected it was the same word.

Better result for me today (3+22+52=77) on the main puzzles, though the extra Octordle ones (Sequence, Rescue) were challenging. It is odd to see the same word repeated, but not the first time I’ve seen it happen.

Attachments

• IMG_1832.jpeg
    IMG_1832.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 0
Usual middle of the road for me.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8,9,6,5
Octordle in 60
Total 92

Poor effort from me just after midnight, but at least I completed them all....

Wordle in 3
Quordle 4 7 8 5 = 24
Octordle to the wire for 69

Total for today 96

Back