Wordle - Quordle Thread

Back to my usual Wooden Spoon position today as I DNF
Wordle in 4
Quordle 5 7 9 6 = 27
Octordle I had at least 3 options left with my last life and ofcoarse I picked the wrong one.

Hope you are all sleeping well and do better than me at these puzzles when you wake up.

I bombed on Octordle trying to be too clever
Shame because I had a 2 on wordle...
Til tomorrow team

Quordle Weekly Challenge result 6 4 7 3 = 20
I'm in a fairly distant second place on this one too
7 3 6 8
Pretty interesting the different routes we must have taken with your 3 to my 8 for the fourth word!

DNF here also (Octordle). Shame too coz I had close to a personal best (18) in Quordle.

Attachments

• IMG_1692.jpeg
    IMG_1692.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1
So having finished Quordle I was offered the Weekly Challenge and decided to do it before Octordle because of my hypo hangover!

Challenge in 8 for 24 (7, 4, 5, 8)

Screenshot_20230905_104513.jpg

I'm in a fairly distant second place on this one too
7 3 6 8
Pretty interesting the different routes we must have taken with your 3 to my 8 for the fourth word!
Unfortunately I can't remember what the words were now but looking at @MikeyBikey's screen shot it looks like there was a G in the 4th word and a U so that gives me a limited number of options particularly with the U in that position. Playing hard mode there was nothing else offering anything interesting to get me started and G I find to be a really good letter for narrowing down options..... plus I have been using LAUGH for a long time so I know a lot of 5 letter words containing G.

Interestingly I originally started out using SMILE as my starting word when I first started playing Wordle but very quickly migrated to LAUGH instead and have stuck with it ever since apart from ONE day in Quordle when I decided to use something else and LAUGH came up 😡..... so after kicking myself, I learned my lesson and don't change it.
SMILE was a really rubbish starting word 🙄 but the G and the H in LAUGH both narrow down options quite a bit. The H because it pairs with just a limited number of letters in quite set positions. So if it is in second place or last it is going to be preceeded by a W, T, P, S or C..... or the G of course. Before I played hard mode I used to use STOIC as my second word if I had an H in the first word.

Looks like I have beaten @rebrascora to be the first to post today. I was so drained when I got back from the hospital (stuffy, glass house ambulance, antibiotics) that I slept for three hours. Average Wordle and Quordles were followed by a stonking Octordle setting a good target for everyone to beat!

Wordle in 4
Quordle in 8 for 23 (6, 8, 4, 5)
Octordle in 11 for 53

Total Score 80!

4 5 6 7 for 22
And 66 makes 91

Cracking score again @MikeyBikey!

I started last night and got Wordle and 3 of the 4 in Quordle but couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and was totally struggling with the final word.
Still struggled with it this morning but just scraped through on the last life and then was even tighter getting through Octordle with 2 options and one life left at the end but amazingly I chose the right option this time...So I have a score but it is definitely more of a cricket score and the Wooden Spoon beckons again!

Wordle in 3
Quordle 9 5 7 6 = 27
Octordle with a score of 68

Total for the day is just short of a century at 98.

I started last night and got Wordle and 3 of the 4 in Quordle but couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and was totally struggling with the final word.
Still struggled with it this morning but just scraped through on the last life and then was even tighter getting through Octordle with 2 options and one life left at the end but amazingly I chose the right option this time...So I have a score but it is definitely more of a cricket score and the Wooden Spoon beckons again!

Wordle in 3
Quordle 9 5 7 6 = 27
Octordle with a score of 68

Total for the day is just short of a century at 98.
Phew! You’ve saved me from the wooden spoon.

Pretty mediocre result here this morning. Grand total: 4+20+72=96.

Weekly Quordle challenge completed with a score of 24.

Attachments

• IMG_1696.jpeg
    IMG_1696.jpeg
    21.4 KB · Views: 0
After an excellent Wordle but just scraping through Quordle on a 50/50 guess I am giving up for tonight. Hoping on a peaceful night with no hypos and no phantom pain!

I have finished but they were a bit tricky.... for me anyway! 🙄

Wordle in 4
Quordle 3 9 6 4 = 22
Octordle with a score of 58

Total for the day is 84 if my maths is correct. Starting to fade fast so think it is time to crawl into bed. Hope you sleep restfully Mikey.

Well after a decent night's sleep and a cuppa I tackled Octordle but again went to the wire when I had three options and two goes. So it's :

Wordle in 3
Quordle to the wire for. 28 (4, 7, 9, 8)
Octordle to the wire for 66

Making a Total Score of 94! :(

Maybe the Spoon of Wood but there is the potential for fallers! :rofl:

Took me ages on a couple of them to find anything to fit! Got there in the end, for a decent total.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 6,7,5,3
Octordle in 56
Total 82

Better result than yesterday. Grand total: 3+26+58=87.

Attachments

• IMG_1699.jpeg
    IMG_1699.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 2
Back