• People with diabetes are currently being contacted to receive the Covid-19 vaccine. Should you have any questions about how this might affect your blood sugar levels, then call our Helpline for support and information on managing your diabetes at this time.Updates: Coronavirus and diabetes
  • Are you currently doing less than 30 mins physical activity per week and would like support to help you move more? Get in touch with our Physical Activity Helpline here

Who has had their first jab?

Freddie1966

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Had mine today ...had the Oxford was very impressed with how well organised it was. Just waiting to see what it does to my sugar levels

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Had mine yesterday.
I woke up with a mild headache today, but that's about it so far.

What the..?

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My husband (who is a bit older than me) had his just over a week ago, earlier than expected but I think that's probably down to there being a slower uptake in our part of London. No worries at all about how it was organised. He did have some of the listed side effects for a day or two, nausea, aching, slight headache, but other than that all fine. I'm looking forward to getting mine and if I have any similar side effects I think it'll be well worth it.

Stitch147

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
Arm is still itchy, not as bad today, I've reported this via the yellow card system as it's not mentioned as a potential side effect.

ValG

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Had my Oxford vaccine today in Scotland. Very impressed with my GP Surgery and I am delighted to receive it. I had Covid last April and ended up with Long Covid so was a little bit apprehensive, but if I get some side effects I don’t mind as it’s worth it in the long run

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Not heard anything yet.
Mr Eggy hasn’t yet and he’s in group 6. My sister-in -law, age 63, group 7 got hers on Sunday! Different GP surgery to ours. We’re Carlisle Healthcare. Fingers crossed very soon.

steven

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Straight in, straight out, no messing ..headachey the morning after yesterday's tea time Oxford/AstraZeneca jab ..but this cleared after a few hours ..a fabulously well organised NHS COVID-19 Vaccination Centre, is Sheffield Arena.

Whilst I'm at it ..for future reference, I've filed ..the booking invitation letter ..a hard copy of the email confirming the appointments ..the ✻Patient Information Leaflet✻ ..the vaccine record card ..and the COVID-19 sticker ..in a pocket display book.

Brava210

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I'm booked into GP's for Vaccine tomorrow at 9.30............:oops:

Brava210

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Had my Oxford today (Bristol).
I was the only person in there...Odd

Brava210

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Ive just had the call got mine on Friday really nervous if honest
Honestly, nothing to worry about. I have had no side affects at all really

Gary

stephknits

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Heard nothing yet for Alice, 17, or me, 50. Not so bothered about me as I am furloughed, but Alice is anxious about going back to college. Gave in and rang the surgery today who have no vaccine. All the other local surgeries are better supplied and are moving on to lower groups. Hope to hear soon.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've had mine (Oxford AZ) a couple of days ago too. It was very smooth and efficiently organised. Given a 10 minute slot at a local health centre, and there was no hanging around or mingling.

Very little fallout. A slightly thick-headed feeling, and a modest rise in BG after a couple of days, but not even much of a sore arm :)

Hope your surgery get some supplies in soon @stephknits

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Mr Eggy (age 60, group 6 as has chronic heart condition) had a text this morning. Booked in for Saturday morning. So relieved that there’s only two weeks between us.

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My partner and I both had the Pfizer jab yesterday. Slight problem with sugars bouncing during the night and even more tired than usual but apart from that everything so far has been fine.

Broomey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Had mine yesterday. Pfizer in Northamptonshire. Headache for a few hours which has now gone. Arm still aches but no worse than flu jab.