What our your top ten films of all time?

Nuns on the Run - nun leaping out of Mini Metro and yelling at lorry driver to “get out of the bloody way!!” :rofl::rofl:
A friend of mine hated that film because it’s so obvious that the main two characters are men in disguise, but for some reason I can watch it over and over and still laugh, absolutely brilliant humour!

It was one of the first Zombie films I ever saw and it remains an absolute classic in my view.I do like a good Zombie movie I have to admit...my favourite Zombie film of all time is George Romeros "Dawn of The Dead"...that film is truly something to behold.
Unfortunately for Romero, Sam Raimi dialled zombie films up to 11: "Groovy!".

1729171697875.png

In no particular order:
Some Like It Hot
Galaxy Quest
Goodfellas
Blade Runner
Aliens 1 and 2 (stops there, hate all the rest)
The Fisher King
Dancing Through The Dark with Con O'Neil
Sound Of Music (took me around 25 years to get around to watching it then loved it and dressed up as a nun with my sisters and trooped across some stage somewheres.) :D
Fargo (luv that lady who play Olive Kitteridge and was in Billboards which I can't bear to watch again also it has fave actor Sam Rockwell in it from Galaxy Quest and the sad Moon).
Robin Hood with AR
Zulu
The Good The Bad And The Ugly
Gone With The Wind
Partners with Ryan O'Neil and John Hurt who freaked me out in Whistle And I'll Come To You agh don't think about it!
Nuns On The Run "... especially our shape!" :D
Withnail and I " ... we came on holiday by mistake." :D
Full Monty
The Amazing Mr Blunden the fabulous Diana Dors
The Commitments " ... you're never taking that horse up in the lift - We have to the stairs would kill him" :D
All The Terminators
Tootsie even though feel iffy about watching Dustin Hoffman now
Raiders Of The Lost Ark all of them
Heaven Can Wait (both)
The Vikings
Tangled and anything with a funny horse in it, horses are the best
All the Scrooges and all the Christmas films really.

and a load of others but best stop now in case I run out of space. Love films. 🙂
I notice that no-one ever says, "Robin Hood with KC" :rofl:

I think Jack's even better in 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' than he is in 'The Shining'.
He is a great actor, did you see him in witches of Eastwick, also great in that 🙂

He is a great actor, did you see him in witches of Eastwick, also great in that 🙂
Ah..Jack Nicholson. One of the true giants of American Cinema.He Is such a wonderful actor to watch and he always provides the cinemagoers what they want...great performances.My favourite Jack Nicholson films...The Shining, A few good men and one flew over the cuckoo's nest.

Yes, very under-rated: I think he likes to play down his craft and pretend that it's just natural :rofl:.
I'm watching 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof' atm: Paul Newman's another great actor who's skilled enough to 'disguise' his craft. He manages to convey sexual frustration very successfully despite the censorship issues 🙄.

Ah..Jack Nicholson. One of the true giants of American Cinema.He Is such a wonderful actor to watch and he always provides the cinemagoers what they want...great performances.My favourite Jack Nicholson films...The Shining, A few good men and one flew over the cuckoo's nest.
... and he even tried to get The Monkees acting properly, in 'Head' :rofl:

... and he even tried to get The Monkees acting properly, in 'Head
Yes Jack did try to get the Monkees to act properly in this great cult movie...I don't think he succeeded but it's still a good film nonetheless.

Yes Jack did try to get the Monkees to act properly in this great cult movie...I don't think he succeeded but it's still a good film nonetheless.
Unfortunately their fanbase had virtually disappeared by the time the film came out and each member of The Monkees was fed up by then anyway, so hardly anyone saw the film at the time. Nesmith and Tork were musicians rather than actors in any case, so it's not surprising that they were hardly Olivier. However, 'A Hard Day's Night' had shown what was possible to achieve with musicians who weren't trained actors.

Unfortunately their fanbase had virtually disappeared by the time the film came out and each member of The Monkees was fed up by then anyway, so hardly anyone saw the film at the time. Nesmith and Tork were musicians rather than actors in any case, so it's not surprising that they were hardly Olivier. However, 'A Hard Day's Night' had shown what was possible to achieve with musicians who weren't trained actors.
"A Hard Days Night"was proof positive of what you could do with musicians who weren't actors @CliffH...but then The Beatles(My favourite band of all time)were lucky to have an Oscar nominated screenplay from Alun Owen and a great director in the shape of a young Richard Lester at their disposal.

You know the bit in Pretty Woman where she says the car corners like it's on rails. Is this a good thing or a bad thing. I never know what people mean. Bugs me.

edit/
Our fave Laurel and Hardy is the jigsaw one. :rofl:

You know the bit in Pretty Woman where she says the car corners like it's on rails. Is this a good thing or a bad thing. I never know what people mean. Bugs me.

edit/
Our fave Laurel and Hardy is the jigsaw one. :rofl:
'Me and My Pal': yes, I love that one too. "Doooh!".

Back