what do you do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live/work in a community Supporting adults & children with learning difficulties & mental health problems.
Also a mystery shopper.

Last edited:
i have been self employed for the last 24 years running my own garage catering for car and small commercial vehicle servicing / repairs

Ooh mystery shopper! I've never met anyone who actually did this! I used to work in a bookie's in Glasgow, and anytime someone came in that we didn't recognise we were paranoid it was a mystery shopper! 😛:D

LOL you do get all sorts of work from it! I mainly do high street shops, but have also done telephone based stuff (government agencies mostly) and banks too.

Sometimes National Trust type stuff comes up, but I've never managed to get a free visit to anywhere near my house 🙄 also I know people have mystery shopped pubs and restaurants, you get a fee plus an allowance to cover drinks/food - good way of getting a cheap night out if you can get one!

I forgot to say, I also used to be a texpert for AQA 63336 - text in a question, odds are I'd have been the person answering it for you! I got paid 30p per answer I gave, it was good because I could sit on the sofa of an evening with a laptop and earn a few quid. Not going to pay the bills though!

LOL you do get all sorts of work from it! I mainly do high street shops, but have also done telephone based stuff (government agencies mostly) and banks too.

Sometimes National Trust type stuff comes up, but I've never managed to get a free visit to anywhere near my house 🙄 also I know people have mystery shopped pubs and restaurants, you get a fee plus an allowance to cover drinks/food - good way of getting a cheap night out if you can get one!

I forgot to say, I also used to be a texpert for AQA 63336 - text in a question, odds are I'd have been the person answering it for you! I got paid 30p per answer I gave, it was good because I could sit on the sofa of an evening with a laptop and earn a few quid. Not going to pay the bills though!

how do you get a job as a mystery shopper is an agency or something ?

im off work long term due to mental health issues but have managed to get back into education and get myself a degree if that counts

Ooh mystery shopper! I've never met anyone who actually did this! I used to work in a bookie's in Glasgow, and anytime someone came in that we didn't recognise we were paranoid it was a mystery shopper! 😛:D

I do some mystery shopping, so much fun. Tend to go for the food and pub type ones, it's given me the excuse to go to places I would never have considered. The bit I hate is if I do have a bad experience, I shouldn't but I feel so bad when I put in a bad report!

My actual job is as a manager for a charity.

I'm also a small animal vet - currently having much more success stabilising my patients than i am my son!!

Hi Fran

I'm an I.T. Manager 🙂

Cheers

Andy

HI Andy i noticed you are on Ramipril, i am also taking Ramipril i know it's blood pressure medication but i don't take it for that, how about you? sheena

whats a PBX ??? soz but i am interested really ??

PBX stands for Private Branch Exchange and is a telephone exchange used by a particular business or office.

PBX's make connections between internal phones in a private organization.

We have a PBX system where I work because we are based in a number of different buildings and PBX's are more cost efficient than having to dial to another building using a public network.

I am a finance officer at the Royal botanical garden in Edinburgh, I deal with all their funding from grants, trusts, research councils etc. I got about half way through my accountancy exams before realising there was no way I could keep studying whilst working full time, and get my hba1c low enough to start trying for kids so I have given up on becoming qualified for the moment.

Amyes - which charity do you work for?

After Saturday I am a retired tipster. Unfortuneatley I listened to myself!

just now im cross between being a student and being unemployed. in the past i was an admin assistance and also a catering assistance and worked voluntary with the disabled.

Frantastic - what a great thread! 🙂 it's been really interesting finding out what you all do. I am a Receptionist/General Secretary for a University. My partner is currently studying to become an electrician - has anyone got any good advice for him? lol

since i was 16 i've had many jobs i've been a sandwich maker once, a sales assistant twice and a baker twice (when i say baker i mean in the pie and pasty selling way, not big hats and kneeding dough) for the past 2 years i have been a supervisor at sainsbury's and i think i am going to stick at this job.

Worked for 20 years as Admin/Secretary then decided to back into education, currently in 2nd year doing a BSC in Biomedical Science :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back