what do you do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.
from a safe distance I like to watch the sport of landings 'prison ping-pong' - its like nothing you have ever seen before!....oh, and feed the prison cat, who is too fat to escape!

Sounds like table football where I went to school... Things could get rather hairy when watching that! That or when the occaisional squash ball was in hand...
As for the prison cat... I'm sure there's a tunnel going somewhere or three... They may also be called Tom, Dick and Harry. Check the cat for false papers!

Sounds like table football where I went to school... Things could get rather hairy when watching that! That or when the occaisional squash ball was in hand...
As for the prison cat... I'm sure there's a tunnel going somewhere or three... They may also be called Tom, Dick and Harry. Check the cat for false papers!

We all have individual call signs for the radio, and so does the cat (who doesnt have a radio of course....😉 he is called Pussy1, there is a Pussy 2 who is free to come and go from the nearby estate....obviously he is Cat D prisoner 🙂

I work for the NHS - qualified as a nurse then went on to do a BSc and MBA while working full time and raising our daughter. Going easier on myself now - the voice of experience - Lol!

there is a Pussy 2 who is free to come and go from the nearby estate....obviously he is Cat D prisoner 🙂

This sounds like the day boys in the school I went to! We were on the release between 2030 and 0830 hours. Mostly to be found at home burning the midnight oil on work! If we misbehaved the cooler was to be found in various class rooms on virtually all Saturday evenings 1900 - 2100. Boarders were less fortunate... Shaired cells until upper sixth in a fair few cases. Time off for good behaviour was never available!

Seems that there are a fair few of us who are shackled to the NHS in two ways then!

I'm just a plain old ordinary office administrator, open post, answer phones etc.

I currently run a Guest House in Killin, Perthshire with my wife. I used to be in IT for the National Grid in London, Guildford and Wokingham.
You can see our house at:www.craigbuie.com

Lovely place. I love Perthshire and still have family there so I also have an excuse to visit.

I am currently a full time mum and ad hoc mystery shopper.

Previously I was an Internal Communications Manager.

Hi Fran.

I'm a mental health nurse.

How do you play prison ping-pong? Is it a euphansim?

I'm a small-animal vet

I've been a busy little bee in the last two weeks searching for a job. I want a new start and new career but don't really know where to look or where to start so it got me thinking....

....what do other diabetics do for a living? whats their career choice? where does diabetic Joe Bloggs work?

I'll start it off!

i am currently unemployed.

exciting isn't it. Looking forward to hearing form you all🙂

fran x
I'm unemployed too, i was made redundant 2 years ago. It was a great little job in a charity shop it fitted in with my child, and i also care for my 86 yr old dad. I'm still plodding on looking for part-time work, but i'm finding it difficult and depressing at times. I try not to look on the black side but i'm not 30 anymore! best wishes sheena

In the days BC (before children!) I was a secretary/PA in the Blood Transfusion Service, but haven't done that now for 28 years. I think things MAY have changed a little in that time, lol.

Since having a family, I've been a shop assistant, creche worker, nursery helper, playgroup assistant, pharmacy assistant and am currently a part time babysitter for an agency. I've done voluntary work with families for the last 8 and a half years.

xx

whats a PBX ??? soz but i am interested really ??

I think it is programming software for telephone systems or similar.

I am currently a full time mum and ad hoc mystery shopper.

Previously I was an Internal Communications Manager.

Ooh mystery shopper! I've never met anyone who actually did this! I used to work in a bookie's in Glasgow, and anytime someone came in that we didn't recognise we were paranoid it was a mystery shopper! 😛:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back