what do you do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notch up another IT Professional! :D

Currently working with my brother in law providing IT services to a couple of medium sized manufacturing companies.

But used to work for HSBC Bank (booo!) and then Safeway (before that nasty Morrisons took them over!)

Last edited:
Re-Training

Hi I'm an A&E nurse and have been for 15 years, currently not working full time as I've had enough and start my re-training as a midwife very soon x

Not an IT proffessional im afraid!

I work in a preschool - children 3-5s

Yea i know im mad lol!!

:D

I am a trained chef, but unemployed at the moment because i can not get a job that doesent consist of 50-60 hours a week doing split shifts :(

I'm in Business Support/Project management for a world leading global company in Occupational Psychology.....not that glam either I'm afraid!

But used to work for HSBC Bank (booo!) and then Safeway (before that nasty Morrisons took them over!)

Do you remember Marc Hreben? French beardy weirdy of IT? If you did work in IT at the head office in Hayes that is!

I am a trained chef, but unemployed at the moment because i can not get a job that doesent consist of 50-60 hours a week doing split shifts :(

ooooh scotty if you ever set your own business up i have been a KP since i was 17 in various bars/resturents just a heads up like lol.

Finish My Studies In Italy As A Teacher Now In England A Simple Laundry Assistant In A Nursing Home ( I Dont Assist Anybody I Am The Only Laundry Lady There With Bank Staff When I Dont Work )😉

Done lots of things, currently is sales, selling new houses.

Just wanted to say fran really good idea starting this up , we have had this type of thread before but of course with newbies coming in every day it is always nice to revisit something like this x

Hiya Fran, I'm a field archaeologist. Currently not in the field but rather stuck in a warehouse counting oyster shells from mid saxon hamwic (southampton) *yawn*. My contract is coming to an end so will be unemployed most likely or working as an office monkey for the city council until another archaeology job comes up :D

Dispensing tech in Lloyd's Pharmacy - there is another girl in my workplace who is Diabetic too 🙂

Do you remember Marc Hreben? French beardy weirdy of IT? If you did work in IT at the head office in Hayes that is!

I did work in the IT head office in Hayes, but didn't cross paths with Marc. A pity really, because I would have appreciated meeting another beardy wierdy, given that I'm one too! 🙂

Qualified as a nurse, did nursing for 6years until a health problem stopped me from continuing.
Worked in medical records and became information officer looking after limb centre database.
Did a degree BSc Geography & Computing..
Worked P/T as a bed manager at hammersmith hospital
Admissions and Contracts Co-ordinator.

Now I am not working due to my health problems, haven't worked for several years now.

I've worked in the various parts of the motor trade for almost 30 years now usually in parts departments. I've done cars, buses, trucks, truck bodies and hydraulic systems, in fact the only thing I haven't done is motorcycles now I come to think of it.
I been doing telesales for the last year or so and can honestly say that while it has been very well paid, the level of pressure involved has become unbearable. Now looking for a nice wee driving job, deliveries of any kind would do I'm not fussy and I'm cheap :D

I'm a drug support worker, after 15 years of clerical decided to transfer my skills over to clinical side. I'm currently off sick due to difficulties surrounding my diabetes (only been diagnosed 12 months) and wanting to return to the safety of being a secretary!! :confused:
Its great to see what other people are doing.

In response to jimbo ...when we moved from london to caithness a local guy from caithness drove down in his white van with a load slept in it overnight then took all our stuff back he was great even have a bath in our flat !!! It was much cheaper than using a big delivery service i found it on the local community website in caithness ...maybe you could pick up similar ?

In response to jimbo ...when we moved from london to caithness a local guy from caithness drove down in his white van with a load slept in it overnight then took all our stuff back he was great even have a bath in our flat !!! It was much cheaper than using a big delivery service i found it on the local community website in caithness ...maybe you could pick up similar ?

Not something I had thought about to be honest but, not a bad idea! I will need to look into that. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back