what do you do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hospital Pharmacy Technician, Band 5, Checking tech and QA.

Wahahay!!! Lauren, her diabetic collegue, Me and Debs...we can take over the NHS together!

Seriously, very glad that there's another pharm tech here, especially a community tech, coz i keep trying to explain stuff and i've never worked in community, so it's probably a bit wrong... Still, haven't had to appologise for Boots' shoddy service in ages, either they've got better or eveybody has stopped using them.

hi fran,have been off work for 3years due to major illness,but getting back to fullish fitness,became group2 2years ago,so another obstacle to contend with. am looking for some part-time lecture work,as i am a skilled engineer,but unable to carry on with the physical side of my work,so thought i might pass my skills on to the youngsters,also am finding it diffucult to find work at my age i have just turned 60years young. felt like i was writting out a cv!!!!

I run a Special Makeup Effects Company and write childrens books (which is my long term aim versus getting stressed over silly things).

Another IT type here.

Im a multi site retail manager so work stupid hours and drive too much.. but i love it! have been with the same company now since 2001 apart from 2 years between 2007 and 2009 when i played at being a bank manager ( same principles of management! ).... I was sooooo bored I went back to my previous employer!

hey guys
thanks for all your input. its great to hear what everyone else is doing and reassuring to know we all have fairly normal lives.

I think my favourite job i've heard so far is Keaver writing childrens stories! Brilliant!
I was hoping to get some inspiration on what kind of job i could be looking for but so far IT worker just isn't doing it for me- hehe!
I think it would also be interesting to know if people think having diabetes has affected their choice of job or made them have to change careers, but maybe we can start a new thread for that one!

keep posting though, its great to hear from you all. x

Hi all

I have not worked since december 2002, when i worked for little chef as a supervisor, i was attacked both phyically and mentally by a work colleague, which left me with a depression problem.

But i have since been studying, i did a humanites course with open university, and i have just finished a a complimentary therapy course, and am now doing a nutrition course, not sure what line i shall go down when i have finished

angie

I run a Special Makeup Effects Company and write childrens books (which is my long term aim versus getting stressed over silly things).

have you published any ?? although i was trained as an architect i did work as a librarian in a primary school ...private and so loads of book budget ive often thought about writing a childrens book about the dogs i know who walk on the common cos i love all the characters they have would you have any advice?

Not published yet, still wrapping first books up.

Have a production co interested but as my firm can sort of run with the editing & promotion (in some ways), I'm not rushing p.

My best advice is to just go write. It sounds like you already have character (dogs) ideas, so just go for it, let it come out🙂

There are tons of websites that explain which 'person' you should write 'the book' in but I found you will find the voice for this once you start.

Also write it because you want to, dismiss any publishing ideas until the book is done!

Not published yet, still wrapping first books up.

Have a production co interested but as my firm can sort of run with the editing & promotion (in some ways), I'm not rushing p.

My best advice is to just go write. It sounds like you already have character (dogs) ideas, so just go for it, let it come out🙂

There are tons of websites that explain which 'person' you should write 'the book' in but I found you will find the voice for this once you start.

Also write it because you want to, dismiss any publishing ideas until the book is done!

thank you just what i thought ...there is little hope of me returning to architecture...maybe a one off but not perminant ...but I love Childrens books xx🙂

I work in a library as a collection audit assistant. fancy title for stock taking. I wander round the shelves with lists of items that should be there then sit at my computer writing about it! I work in a reference library, so no one is allwoed to take books away, they have to be read in one of the reading rooms (or an office if you are staff).

I work in a library as a collection audit assistant. fancy title for stock taking. I wander round the shelves with lists of items that should be there then sit at my computer writing about it! I work in a reference library, so no one is allwoed to take books away, they have to be read in one of the reading rooms (or an office if you are staff).

got any jobs going there caroline ?? Id love to work back in a library My library in the school became the social it place to be for many of the girls who would tend to be left out cos they weren't sporty or singers ...but that became my problem in the end it became too popular !! and the new deputy had very old fashioned ideas as to how a library should be !!! I just wanted the kids to love books and feel comfortable with using them

I returned to nursing last year after a long break whilst having my children. Must be mad for going back to the NHS!!

got any jobs going there caroline ?? Id love to work back in a library My library in the school became the social it place to be for many of the girls who would tend to be left out cos they weren't sporty or singers ...but that became my problem in the end it became too popular !! and the new deputy had very old fashioned ideas as to how a library should be !!! I just wanted the kids to love books and feel comfortable with using them

There are a few vacancies, but am not sure if they are waht you want the main website is www.bl.uk then look for vacanies or working here. Good luck.

There are also some vacancies in Yorkshire at the Boston Spa site if anyone wants to look

Last edited:
On leaving school I took a PHD in Gynaecology...very boring but gained some useful hands on experience! Toured the world in my early 20s and after 5 unsuccessful marrages I became a Tappist Monk where I took a vow of silence Things went well until I spilt hot tea on a fellow monk's privates and was immediatly expelled for his expletive outburst . I'm afraid my 30s were my dark period, although it is fair to say that due to drinking most of that decade is now a blur. HOWEVER things perked up last year as I won ?9m on the lottery. Ain't life a bitch! see below:-

I also have an overactive imagination!

On leaving school I took a PHD in Gynaecology...very boring but gained some useful hands on experience! Toured the world in my early 20s and after 5 unsuccessful marrages I became a Tappist Monk where I took a vow of silence Things went well until I spilt hot tea on a fellow monk's privates and was immediatly expelled for his expletive outburst . I'm afraid my 30s were my dark period, although it is fair to say that due to drinking most of that decade is now a blur. HOWEVER things perked up last year as I won ?9m on the lottery. Ain't life a bitch! see below

I also have an overactive imagination!

With an imagination like that, you should write books...

Ive had a few different jobs but currently I am a Charge Nurse in a large prison, which is quite bizarre for me at times! Lots of things go on that keep me and the team very busy, and on the occassions when all my healthcare jobs are done I like to walk the wings, have a cup of prison tea (taste buds not required) with the guys, find out what the gossip and issues are......and from a safe distance I like to watch the sport of landings 'prison ping-pong' - its like nothing you have ever seen before!....oh, and feed the prison cat, who is too fat to escape!

Ive had a few different jobs but currently I am a Charge Nurse in a large prison, which is quite bizarre for me at times! Lots of things go on that keep me and the team very busy, and on the occassions when all my healthcare jobs are done I like to walk the wings, have a cup of prison tea (taste buds not required) with the guys, find out what the gossip and issues are......and from a safe distance I like to watch the sport of landings 'prison ping-pong' - its like nothing you have ever seen before!....oh, and feed the prison cat, who is too fat to escape!

That sounds a cool and exciting job that sugar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back