what do you do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frantastic

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've been a busy little bee in the last two weeks searching for a job. I want a new start and new career but don't really know where to look or where to start so it got me thinking....

....what do other diabetics do for a living? whats their career choice? where does diabetic Joe Bloggs work?

I'll start it off!

i am currently unemployed.

exciting isn't it. Looking forward to hearing form you all🙂

fran x

Hi Fran 🙂

I'm something of a jack-of-all-trades. I'm an actor by training, but it's hard to get work. I freelance whenever I can, running workshops and courses etc. I also have done a bit of freelance writing.

I currently work in a theatre as the Box Office manager, and look after loads of other admin and some bits of finance.

Hi Fran

I'm an I.T. Manager 🙂

Cheers

Andy

I work for the UK Border Agency.

I am a payroll administrator.
My other half (also diabetic) is a I.T technician by training, currently unemployed. :(

I'm among the unwaged at the moment too, but job hunting as we speak.

I am an administrator working in an IT Department looking after payment of invoices, contractors hours, etc. etc.

Hi Fran

I do accounts up to management accounts and also look after the company HR - my husband is a financial controller

Sprog biomedical scientist at Brighton uni and I work part time as a sprog biomedical scientist at the hospital in Eastbourne, I'm about to go on a rotation through the clinical chemistry department in Pathology. Two days a week work in term time and then full time in my holidays.

I too work in IT, currently doing infrastructure management. I also design web based reporting tools.

I teach children with profound and multiple learning difficulties.

I am a Project Manager with a major construction company. Involves quite a lot of site walking including climbing up and down a six storey building - good exercise but gotta keep a close eye on my sugar levels during the day.

Hello,

I'm another IT worker (quite a lot of us so far).

Current job is for Local Council doing Desktop and Software support. It involves setting up lots of computers ready to use, creating automatic software package installs and quite a bit of programming to make repetitive tasks quicker.

I'm quite lucky that I can turn my hand to anything with electricity and buttons (read gadgets) very easily - but make up for this by being rubbish at anything manual, especially DIY.

NiVZ

Me, I'm just a lawn mower. You can tell me by the way I walk!

Sorry could not resist that quote!😛

I'm sort of an IT engineer working in TV industry.

Not nearly as interesting as it doesn't sound.😡

Chris

Me, I'm just a lawn mower. You can tell me by the way I walk!

Sorry could not resist that quote!😛

I'm sort of an IT engineer working in TV industry.

Not nearly as interesting as it doesn't sound.😡

Chris

and geneisis fan !!
me i was trained as an architect but am unemployed as well :(

I'm a part time legal secretary. Worked for my dad for 22 years but my brother has just taken over so now work for him as well as my dad. I used to run the office but had Jessica 10 years ago and as she was ill from the day she was born have not been able to go back full time or do what I was doing.

Thank goodness I worked for my dad, I would be up that creek with no paddle.

I also do loads and loads in the children's diabetes world but don't get paid for it.

🙂

I'm kind of a jack of all trades ... worked in retail, pub/club bar supervisor, Qualified to work with children/young adults with physical and mental disabilities (Social Care) .

But since having Nathan I'm a full time single mam .... :D

Heidi
xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back