What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
(1st one didn’t fill me up)

Lol that's funny @Lucyr 🙂 Made me chuckle. Nothing short of a pig-out fills me up!

Today Monday 7/6/2021
Breakfast

2 rounds of toast - 36g of carbs
Lunch
ham sandwich on 2 rounds of hovis - 36g of carbs
1 2 fingered kit kat - 13g of carbs

Haven’t ever seen it in the shops, but allegedly it is available in the uk
its a lower carb than what your probably currently eating

I’m no expert but like many a sandwich or toast keeps me going
ive started looking at the nutritional info label on the wholemeal loaves
In supermarkets
infact sometimes the Wife’s half way round Tescos by the time I’ve decided which loaf
I dare eat, I usually end up buying a Warburtons loaf that shows a carb content of 9g of carb per slice
which I believe is quite good,
and following eating it,I test I’m finding 3 hrs after eating it usually @lunch time my levels are falling back down.
I know exactly what u mean re reading labels. My supermarket trips are much more time consuming!

Another lowish carb day here today:

B: Poached egg, grilled bacon, mushrooms, 1 small slice toast
L: Salmon salad with low fat dressing
D: Poached haddock, cauliflower hash browns, mixed vegetables (cabbage, broccoli, peas, carrots, corn)
S: Mixed berries and Greek yogurt

1370 cals and 83gm carbs

Today I was just ravenous all day so a lot of food to report

Breakfast: Bacon and avocado on toast
Lunch: tuna, peppers, red onion, cucumber, mayo on open sandwiches, and a banana
Dinner: steak, 2 small corn on cobs, 5 new potatoes, 2 satsumas
Snacks: cheese, ham, pickles, kvarg chocolate chip yoghurt, few coffees

Totals: 1552 calories, 136g carbs, 97% in range.

Breakfast. Yoghurt and berries
Lunch homemade burger and salad fresh fruit salad
Dinner. Curry with cauliflower rice, orange
snack naughty Harvest Morn Popcorn Bar. hence 7.1 this morning

Monday
B - 1 slice of toast (wholemeal bread) buttered with sugar free marmalade

L - Sandwich Cheese Salad (Wholegrain Mustard, Finely Sliced Radish , & Rocket)
filled my small lunch box and was delicious

Snack - Chopped Seasoned Nuts 1/2 Apple

D - 2 Chipolata Sausages, Air Fryed Sweet Potato, Broccoli & Sweetcorn

I love this time of year - popped to the veg patch and picked pak choi and garlic, sweated it in olive oil with chilli flakes to have with our roast chicken. Also picked fresh spinach and lettuce to make a salad for lunch tomorrow with the left over chicken!

The cucumber plants are climbing in the greenhouse alongside the chillies, peppers and tomato plants, as are the beans on the poles in the garden and the carrots in the veg troughs.

Another hungry evening here, though was fine during the day

Breakfast: Oat so simple porridge, (golden syrup flavour which i'm not that keen on but need using up before i open the scots porridge oats).

Lunch: Jacket potato with tuna, red onion, mixed peppers, cucumber, mayo

Dinner: Chicken burger in wholemeal roll with lettuce, cheese, tomato, spring onions. Yoghurt.

Snack: Yoghurt, few coffees

Totals: 1543 calories, 156g carbs, 93% in range (i'll try a longer prebolus before the jacket potato next time as that's where i went over). Down 2kg so far this week.

Edited to add: some late night apple juice, skittles, crisps as bg got stuck in the 4s before bed. New totals 1873 calories, 204g carbs, 93% range

Last edited:
B: Boiled egg with one small slice medium cut wholemeal bread
L: Homemade vegetable soup
D: My birthday treat so I had a mild chicken curry with mushroom bhaji and saag aloo - no rice
Carbs under 130gm for the day

Breakfast: banana, coffee
Lunch: ham, boiled egg, salad tortilla wrap
Dinner: Jacket potato, chilli with kidney beans, low fat cheese
Snack: bit of cheese, yoghurt, few coffees

Didn’t get chance to prebolus for lunch again today and after lunch was again the time I went out of range. Seems I need to either make time to prebolus or find a different lunch... trying seeded bread with egg mayo tomorrow so see how that goes.

Totals: 1594 calories, 145g carb, 91% TIR

Did great on the Slimfast till lunchtime and then stress and hunger pangs got the better of me. I have the will of a wisp. 🙄

Did great on the Slimfast till lunchtime and then stress and hunger pangs got the better of me. I have the will of a wisp. 🙄
The reason I only had a banana for breakfast was because I read missing meals or reducing portions would reduce your appetite. Maybe you have to do it for more than one meal though as I was starving by lunchtime and ate more the rest of the day

I wouldn't thank you for a banana. They do taste nice if you get them at that optimum stage. Mum has one every morning with her cereal, they don't tempt me. I wish everything was bananas and sometimes I think it is. :D

The banana would make you hungry in the long run, it's fat and protein that keep you feeling full. I have a bookcase full of nutrition type books, I just don't want to follow the advice therein. I want to eat chips and bread because I am a moron. :D

I wouldn't thank you for a banana. They do taste nice if you get them at that optimum stage. Mum has one every morning with her cereal, they don't tempt me. I wish everything was bananas and sometimes I think it is. :D

The banana would make you hungry in the long run, it's fat and protein that keep you feeling full. I have a bookcase full of nutrition type books, I just don't want to follow the advice therein. I want to eat chips and bread because I am a moron. :D
I’m middling feelings towards bananas, they’re alright, I do enjoy them at that perfect level of ripeness but otherwise there’s plenty things I’d rather eat but they’re an easy quick food and better than some of the potential other easy quick things.

I would like a list of go to foods like a banana but they spike me . Sometimes I get away with it other times no . I’ve yet to understand what’s good and bad and what does what. So far if I’m lowing I’ll allow fruit otherwise only berries. I do love berries at the moment but not all year so need other nice fruits. I ain’t a persimmon today but I’m not well so using that to keep my sugar up a wee bit

I would like a list of go to foods like a banana but they spike me . Sometimes I get away with it other times no . I’ve yet to understand what’s good and bad and what does what. So far if I’m lowing I’ll allow fruit otherwise only berries. I do love berries at the moment but not all year so need other nice fruits. I ain’t a persimmon today but I’m not well so using that to keep my sugar up a wee bit
Yes I do prefer the flexibility insulin gives me for this, I couldn’t have eaten a banana without a spike if I hadn’t taken insulin and prebolused for it. Was somewhere around 8am I ate it.

Attachments

• 4CDC3D0F-BE14-4F81-AC52-68A3F81C6FED.jpeg
    4CDC3D0F-BE14-4F81-AC52-68A3F81C6FED.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 3
May I
Yes I do prefer the flexibility insulin gives me for this, I couldn’t have eaten a banana without a spike if I hadn’t taken insulin and prebolused for it. Was somewhere around 8am I ate it.
may I ask does the insulin add weight I struggle with mine and unsure. Although unsure they will address mine with insulin anyway. Just a thought.

May I

may I ask does the insulin add weight I struggle with mine and unsure. Although unsure they will address mine with insulin anyway. Just a thought.
I’ve been taking insulin for about 12 years, and have lost, gained, and maintained weight in that time. Insulin makes your body able to use/store what you eat so i find my weight more related to what I eat. I do have to keep the calories pretty low to lose at the minute but that’s probably because I’m fairly inactive working from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back