What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday
B - Chopped Nuts & Seeds with a handful of mixed berries Greek Yoghurt

L - Samdwhich Rocket,Blue Stilton & Ham

Snack Chopped Nuts & Apple
D - Ranch Steak Marinated in chilli & Pepper 1 Small SweetPotato Chopped & AirFried

——-

Friday
B - One slice toast with butter & no added sugar marmalade
1/2 apple

L - Sandwich Ham, Rocket, Chopped, Sweet Peppers & Mayo’
Fruit-N-Nut Bar 1/2 Apple
Sback Pickled Egg & Chopped Nuts

D -Steak & Chopped Salad
Rocket,Celery,Min Sweet Pepper, Radish, Blue Stilton & Crushed Walnuts Topped with Mayo
Thinly sliced Steak cooked in air fryer until it’s slightly crunchy

Friday 21/5/2021
B - 2 rounds of hovis 3.6 cp or 36g of carbs

L - tinned mackerel sandwich on 2 rounds of hovis 3.6 cp or 36g of carbs, batchelors cup a soup 1.2 cp or 12g of carbs, 1 2 finger kit kat 1.3 cp or 13g of carbs
Total carbs - 6.1 cp or 61g of carb

T - chinese takeaway - 2 large bbq spare ribs 2.0 cp or 20g of carbs, prawn fried rice 11.1 cp or 111g of carbs

Today 22/5/2021
B - poached egg on 2 rounds of hovis 3.6 cp or 36g of carbs

L - tesco tripple cheese sandwich pack because it was the only ones left that I liked 6.6 cp or 66g of carbs

T - is going to be - tesco finest roasted mushroom gnocchi & truffle oil 5.8 cp or 58g of carbs, tesco finest lemon cheesecake slice 3.4 cp or 34g of carbs
Total carbs - 9.2 cp or 92g of carbs

To be added on
2 pieces of garlic bread the circular ones 2.0 cp or 20g of carbs
Total carbs - 11.2 cp or 112g of carbs

Last edited:
B - my usual mix of cereals plus coconut milk

L - a sourdough cheese and pickle sandwich with mixed salad, then strawberries and Greek yoghurt

Evening Meal - pasta with butter beans and pesto plus Purple Sprouting Broccoli and carrots
2 or 3 squares of chocolate

Snacks - a cereal bar mid-afternoon.
Is sourdough a good option for bread? This food all sounds delicious and right up my street

B: kippers, thin slice toast
L: ryvita, cheese, pepper, tomato, pate, half apple, few nuts
D: gammon, fried egg, cabbage, mangetout, half roll, mixed berries and cream
Which ryvita are ok? I'm desperate for some cheese and crackers but thought they were all out. Thanks

I suppose that many people are only having things which they know are safe for them and may not be testing before and after every meal.
Also the levels they see may depend on how good their control is, whether they take any meds and the amount of exercise they do.
My blood on the meals above never went above 6.5 2 hours after a meal. I'm on 3 metformin a day. Do the gym 3 times a week and walk 12k steps at the least every day

Is sourdough a good option for bread? This food all sounds delicious and right up my street
Inka is T1- hence a more standard diet.

i find the real breads like sourdough better for my blood sugar and a lot tastier. I’m Type 1 so I take insulin. You’d have to try it yourself to see if it worked for you. I’d try a small portion and see if it works for your blood sugar.

Apparently it can be better for Type 2s:

https://www.sourdough.co.uk/sourdough-bread-diabetes/

Worth a try I’d say.

There are also rye breads and sprouted breads that are more blood sugar friendly.

My mouth is watering again reading these menus and comments. 🙂

I'm doing okay on SlimFast, Water and Oxo. Not sure if allowed the Oxo with having liver issues.

Yesterday - Saturday
Weight: 14stones 11.2pounds Tum: 50 BG first thing: 7.7 @ 6.03
B: pint water / Caffe Latte SlimFast bottle / mug Oxo / pint water with meds
Snack: Diet Coke bleugh horrid but filled me up going round Quality Save and hankering to buy all the nice food. 🙄
L: mug Oxo then a ChocolateMint SlimFast bottle
D: Lasagne (readymeal) with some tinned green beans (Mum left the entire meal so couldn't waste it) / pint water / 6.8 @ 8 / mug Oxo

Not a bad day for me imho. :D

Edit Thursday/
After pigging most of the week it's back to the SlimFast. Good grief.

Last edited:
Missed a few day of putting anything on here.
Mon and Tues
B & L much the same as usual.
D. Moussaka with either salad or spring cabbage Berries and cream
Wed
B: yoghurt and berries and all bran
L: Lunch actually in a cafe for first time in 15 months,
Three quarters of tuna sandwich (left the crusts so my hair will never curl) with coleslaw and salad, quarter of Sahara Desert scone and flat white coffee.
D: Salmon, cauliflower cheese and asparagus, nectarine and quark

Wed
B - Chopped Nuts Seeds Strawberries & Greek Yoghurt (Full fat yoghurt is lower in carbs)
L - Toasted Stilton & Red Cabbage Sandwich (lunch@home today)
Snack Apple
D - Chopped Mixed Salad (Celery,Rocket,Ghurkins,Sweet Pepper,Tomato) topped with apricot & pastrami

Thurs
B - 1 slice of toast buttered & Marmite 1/2 Apple
L - Apple, Stilton & Walnut Salad (Rocket,Celery,Watercress,Cucumber)
Snack 1 Packet Mini Cheddars & Blueberries
D - Chilli & Mixed Rice, homemade & frozen the rice I’m currently eating is a mixed rice (mixture of Thai RiceBerry, quinoa & pearl barley )

B (at 1300) 8oz Rib eye steak, grilled.
D (at 2000) 12oz roasted chicken thighs with garlic, ginger and lemon).
6 mugs of black unsweetened tea and 4 x 1/2 pint water.
FBG 5.6 Post dinner 5.1

Yesterday - Thursday
Weight: 14stones 10pounds Tum: 49 1/2 BG first thing: 7.7 @ 6.35
B: pint water / Can chilli with salad, mayo and olive oil and a horrid bun / pint water with meds
L: pint water / Caffe Latte SlimFast bottle @ noon (I was counting down the minutes agh)
D: pint water / Banana SlimFast bottle @ 10 to 3 (I couldn't last out till 3, I was in agony)
S: Chocolate SlimFast bottle @ 6 (you're supposed to have 4 bottles so you get all your vitamins, seems excessive tho')
Mum left some of her potato salady type salad so I had that on the last around 9, didn't touch the sides nom nom nom

B: cheese on toast with poached egg
L: ryvita, cooked meat, cheese, pickled red cabbage, red pepper, half apple
D: chicken, bacon, mushroom, smoked cheese bake, potato salad, mixed leaf salad, strawberries and cream

How do you manage to have that yummy breakfast? @Leadinglights I had toast and shot up. :( I had a very piggy day again because I was with family, any excuse.

Yesterday - Friday
Weight: 14stones 9.2pounds Tum: 50 BG first thing: 7.8 @ 6.01
B: pint water / mug Oxo / Caffe Latte SlimFast bottle / pint water with meds
L: pint water / mug Nescafe / 1/2 bun thing from Lidl / mug Nescafe and 2 buttered toasts / 14.5 grr agh
D: bowl of homemade Italian type food, utterly blissful eating nom nom nom / ice cream wafer / later a pint water
S: 3 eggs scrambled in olive oil with 2 tomatoes and Anchor and mayo really late... / pint water / 8.5

How do you manage to have that yummy breakfast? @Leadinglights I had toast and shot up. :( I had a very piggy day again because I was with family, any excuse.

Yesterday - Friday
L: pint water / mug Nescafe / 1/2 bun thing from Lidl / mug Nescafe and 2 buttered toasts / 14.5 grr agh
D: bowl of homemade Italian type food, utterly blissful eating nom nom nom / ice cream wafer / later a pint water
S: 3 eggs scrambled in olive oil with 2 tomatoes and Anchor and mayo really late... / pint water / 8.5
For things like toast my blood sugar goes up less if I pair with protein or fat, like leadlinglights egg and cheese.

so far today I’ve had
Breakfast: Melon
Lunch: steak, mushrooms cooked in cream cheese and garlic, half a wrap plain.

Not sure what’s for dinner, forgotten to defrost anything from the freezer and had a filling lunch so I’ll see what I can think of later on.

Yesterday - Friday
It is a thin slice (30g ish) of home made bread, mostly oat and linseed, or mixed grain, six seed or similar.

Friday

B - Cereal with Blueberries
L - Salad with FullFat Mayo (Chopped Rocket,Watercress,Pepper,Radishes & Walnuts)
Topped with Pastrami - 1/2 Apple packet of crisps (crinkly cheddars)
SNACK fruit&nut bar
D - Chilli with Mixed healthier rice (homemade frozen)

Saturday

B - Chopped Nuts, Seeds & Strawberrys with Greek Yoghurt
L - Celery, Stilton, Macadamia Nuts, Buttered Savoury Biscuits & 1/2 Apple
D - Small Portion of Battered Fish (from freezer) Sliced Sweet Potato Tomato air fried
Shredded Mixed Salad Leaves

How yesterday actually turned out:

Breakfast: Melon
Lunch: steak, mushrooms cooked in cream cheese and garlic, half a wrap plain.
Afternoon walk (4 miles stroll from home to beach watching boat racing etc)
Struck halfway by a hypo that took well over an hour to get up: 200ml apple juice, galaxy chocolate bar (seemed to have got up but dropped again), energy gel, too many haribo, an ice cream
Dinner: a few oven chips and other half of the wrap (i was totally wiped out)

Ah well try again today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back