What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today
B - Chopped Nuts mixed frozen berries & Greek yoghurt
L - ham & rocket sandwich (made @ home eaten @ work)
Snack Fruit-n-Nut Bar
D Pickled Egg, Stilton & Walnut Salad (Finely Chopped Rocket Radish & Baby Pea Shoots) topped with crumbled Stilton, Walnut pieces, one Sliced Pickled Egg, squirt of Mayo, sprinkled with mixed seeds, am just eating it now
very tasty although next time I make this I think I will add a chopped dried apricot or a few fresh blueberries to sweeten

Tuesday
B - Toast 1 Slice Buttered and no Added Sugar Marmalade
1/2 Apple
L - Sandwich Rocket & Ham (made at home took to work ive found a lower carb Warburtons wholemeal loaf 9g carb per slice so not to bad) it’s ok to eat but. Probably better toasted than sandwiches
1/2 Apple
Snack - chopped mixed nuts I’m now adding salt n pepper & seeds to these nuts
just to make them less boring as was getting a bit tired of eating them each day Mon-Fri
D - Home made chilli & Rice
home made & Frozen the Rice im eating mostly is a lower carb whole grain mixed grains
a mixture of a Thai Rice (called RiceBerry) Pearl Barley & Quinoa
we batch cook this in the rice cooker & freeze ready for my ready meals,
it’s actually quite nice and doesn’t spike my sugars like Thai jasmine rice does (which I used to eat to much of)

Today 19/5/2021
B - 2 rounds hovis med white sliced toast 3.6 cp or 36g of carbs
Total carbs - 3.6 cp or 36g carbs

L - sandwich - wensleydale cheese on 2 rounds of warburtons medium white sliced 3.8 cp or 38g carbs
- cadbury mini roll 1.6 cp or 16g carbs
Total carbs - 5.4 cp or 54g carbs

T - tesco finest chicken parmigiana 0.8 cp or 8g carbs
- tesco cheddar mash 2.8 cp or 28g carbs
Total carbs - 3.6 cp or 36g carbs
19:35pm - 3.5 cp or 35g carbs - 3.5 units humalog - pudding

Last edited:
Yesterday

Breakfast Porridge with milk and salt. Not a big porridge fan but was out of bread. Did try scrambled egg by itself the day before but my stomach was terrible after, it needs carbs in a morning.

Lunch Jacket potato with soft cheese, spring onions, and bit of leftover chicken on the side

Dinner beef chilli with kidney beans and carrot&swede mash.

Some delicious sounding menu's on this thread, I eat so plain it's untrue. How do these foods impact on blood sugars though? This thread should be menus and bg's. :D

Yesterday - Weight: 14 10 (darned mashed potato) Tum: 49 1/2 Early BG: 8.6 @ 6.48am
Breakfast: pint water with fibre / Nescafe with dash milk ~
/ 3 eggs scrambled in butter, 1 lg yellow onion / pint water with meds
Lunch: pint water / 2 battered fish with mayo (why two, why not just one? So greedy), mix veg with knob butter
Dinner: 3 chicken thighs plus mayo and crispy skin mmm, green beans with Anchor
I am happy to add bgs if it helps but am a bit erratic with remembering to post!

I'd like one of those things off the tv that measures you automatically. How do you go about getting one of those and would I be able to work it? Or maybe they are only for type1types. 🙂

I pigged at the bakery as did my pre-diabetic brother and my sister, but she can probably adjust her insulin. We are all absolutely pathetic and in denial. SlimFast again today. Let's see if I can do it. Good grief.

I'd like one of those things off the tv that measures you automatically. How do you go about getting one of those and would I be able to work it? Or maybe they are only for type1types. 🙂

I pigged at the bakery as did my pre-diabetic brother and my sister, but she can probably adjust her insulin. We are all absolutely pathetic and in denial. SlimFast again today. Let's see if I can do it. Good grief.
The freestyle libre is not available on the NHS for type 2, but can be purchased online. They’re just under £50 and last 2 weeks.

You have to scan with a phone or the reader.

Yoghurt, berries and granola
broccolli and stilton soup, ham, ryvita, cheese, half apple
Stir fry with steak, pepper, onion, mangetout, Pakchoi, raita, sweet potato wrap, Quark and seeds

Rest of this week my breakfast will stay as berries, yoghurt and oatibix and my lunch will be either indian chickpea soup or kale and brocolli soup.
Teas will be:
-slimming world keema curry with cauliflower rice and veg
-heck chicken sausage, mashed sweet potato and veg
- smoked sausage in tomato and veg sauce with cauliflower rice
- sweet potato wrap pizza and salad
Mmm all sounds lovely

b, bacon egg few baked beans
l. 1 seeded bread toasted... rest of beans
d, chicken stew stewed apple and yogurt
snacks.... small banana hand full sunflower seeds drinks ....tea coffee water

i had b bacon egg tomatoes
l sardine salad
d sea bass coliflour rice berries greek yogurt b/s 8.5 this morning

Trying for the liquid diet again today. I have to get on it, solid food no good for me now I don't think. 🙄 Might as well get used to it!

Just planning the menus for next week ahead of ordering the shopping for delivery tomorrow

Tonight Chimichurri Lamb Chops, Fine Beans & Celeriac Puree
Tomorrow Roast Lamb (My step son is visiting so having Sunday Lunch on Saturday)
Sunday Braised Beef with Horseradish
Monday Tandoori Chicken Kebabs & Warm Green Bean and Feta Salad
Tuesday Lamb Ragu & Courgetti Spaghetti
Wednesday Moroccan Chicken with Preserved Lemons & Cauli Rice
Thursday Tepsi Kabap & Chargrilled Aubergines
Friday Poulet au Vinaigre & Fine Beans

b... bacon egg mushroom tomatoes
l.. cup a soup ..half a bag popcorn b/s 2 hours after 8.7 yay its been over 10 all week
d.. will be chicken and red cabbage and peas .... drinks coffee squash water

Just planning the menus for next week ahead of ordering the shopping for delivery tomorrow

Tomorrow Roast Lamb (My step son is visiting so having Sunday Lunch on Saturday)
yummy 🙂

Sounds like you should have been on Great British Menu, those sound much more appetising than some of the offerings.

Today 21/5/2021

B - 2 rounds of hovis toast - 3.6 cp or 36g of carbs

L - tinned mackerel sandwich on 2 rounds of hovis - 3.6 cp or 36g of carbs
batchelors cup a soup - 1.2 cps or 12g of carbs
1 2 finger kit kat - 1.3 cp or 13g of carbs

T - later than usual tonight because we're having a chinese takeaway - I'm having bbq spare ribs shared with hubby then prawn fried rice

hope the takeaway hurries up because libre scan says 3.8 and finger prick says 4.2 so I might have to eat jelly babies before I have my chinese

Last edited:
yoghurt. berries ( our first 2 home grown strawberries) granola
Home made celery soup, ryvita, pate, cheese, half apple
Aldi Salt and chill ribs (very good), purple sprouting broccoli, carrots, sweetcorn, half roll, quark and seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back