What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B Usual yog,raspberries and chia seeds
L Bacon and mushrooms on 2 liv life bread
T home made chicken curry cauli rice jelly fruit and cream
snacks cheese olives

I am not eating any more rice cakes... they also taste like eating cardboard or ceiling tiles :(
That made me laugh. :D

I should just copy what people on here eat, y'all seem to have delicious meals. Quite fancy jelly, berries and cream for a start. 🙂 Yesterday was a total pigfest, horrid.

B. Bowl of bran flakes, yogart and blueberrys
L. Two boiled eggs
T. Chicken thighs mixed with a spoonful of Thai curry paste mixed peppers and onion, with cauliflower rice

B - 2 slices of wholmeal toast (lower carb bread)
L - Salad (pickled egg,stilton & mixed chopped nuts watercress & celery
snack 2 ryvitas with p-nut butter
D - homemade chilli & carb rice (from the freezer)

Usual Breakfast of yoghurt berries and seeds
L. 3 low carb crackers cream cheese and a small apple
T. Ham 2 egg salad 8 oven chips and an eclair.

Weight: 14 12.2 Tum: 49 1/2 Early Morning BG: 10.5 @ 6.05 because I ate cold rice late on.
B: pint water / mug Oxo / Caffe Latte SlimFast @ 9 / pint water with meds
L: Choc SlimFast @ 12 / 2 or 3 Nescafe's with dash milk and a Hermesetas
D: pint water / fishfingers, mixed veg, mound mash @ 4 plus leftovers later @ 6 / mug Oxo

I could happily live (but possibly not for long) on potatoes!

Weight: 14 12.2 Tum: 49 1/2 Early Morning BG: 10.5 @ 6.05 because I ate cold rice late on.
B: pint water / mug Oxo / Caffe Latte SlimFast @ 9 / pint water with meds
L: Choc SlimFast @ 12 / 2 or 3 Nescafe's with dash milk and a Hermesetas
D: pint water / fishfingers, mixed veg, mound mash @ 4 plus leftovers later @ 6 / mug Oxo

I could happily live (but possibly not for long) on potatoes!
Sadly don't go there with the potatoes any more except occasionally as we grew our own, all sorts of varieties, nothing nicer than new potatoes with lashings of butter.

Yesterday... stupidity reigned supreme, did really well on the SlimFast then blew it in the early hours. 😳

Weight: 14 11.2 Tum: 50 Early BG: 7.5 @ 6.09am
Breakfast: pint water with fibre / mug Oxo / Caffe Latte SlimFast bottle / pint water with meds
Lunch: pint water / Strawberry SlimFast bottle
Snack: Banana SlimFast bottle (you're supposed to have four a day, dunno how to fit them all in!
Dinner: Chocolate SlimFast bottle / pint water

Watching The Pursuit Of Love at one in the morning and overcome with food lust so straight into the kitchen, disturbing the parrot, and pigged out on two fried eggs on three very buttery toasts, felt horrid after. :( I'm a fool.

How much sugar am I allowed with type 2
That only you really can answer. It will depend on how high your sugar levels are what medication your on and what your body does with it . Test and see how much you spike and learn that way. Hoping others will advise . Sugar itself is not usually the culprit but carbs that turn into sugar are more dangerous I think . Sorry not technical but you are read . Lots are enjoying the getting out more of weather I hope.

Hi Tiggy what was your reading before you ate?
It was 12,2 before i ate could not check again ran out off testing strips but i have now bought some and my sugars are sky high, 16.1 before food today, my meals yesterday were b 2 bergon bread 2 dry fried eggs , l, cheese salad sandwhich on bergon bread soup, snack berries nuts and crisps d, turkey mince coli cheese small potatoe 2 sugarfree digestives. i think im eating too much bs 18.7

today i have had 1 nimble w/m bread and sardines cup of tea
chicken noodle cup a soup coffee cheese salad sandwhich on nimble w/m snacks a hand full of blue berries nuts
dinner will be lamb green beans 1 roast potatoe yogurt fat free sugar free water. will test later .

How much sugar am I allowed with type 2
If you are talking about the white granular stuff you put in your coffee then the sensible answer is probably none. Sugar is one of many carbohydrates which convert into glucose. It is those carbohydrates which someone who is diabetic cannot process because of a shortage of insulin or their insulin is not working properly. Sugar itself converts quickly into glucose whereas some of the other carbohydrates will take longer. Not only that but people are all different in how well they can tolerate various carbohydrates and you can really only know for you by testing your blood glucose with a monitor before and 2 hours after eating. Those carbohydrates are in lots of foods so it is wise to choose foods lower in carbs or reduce your portion of those foods. The high carb foods are potatoes, bread, rice, pasta, cereals and starchy veg and tropical fruits, as well as cakes and biscuits.
How much carb you can cope with will depend on what meds you might be taking and how much exercise you have.
So very hard to say what somebody should have as it is quite a personal choice and people vary in what they have, some people here have less than 130g per day, some 60-70g some as low as 40g, but it is a matter of what works for them.

If you are talking about the white granular stuff you put in your coffee then the sensible answer is probably none. Sugar is one of many carbohydrates which convert into glucose. It is those carbohydrates which someone who is diabetic cannot process because of a shortage of insulin or their insulin is not working properly. Sugar itself converts quickly into glucose whereas some of the other carbohydrates will take longer. Not only that but people are all different in how well they can tolerate various carbohydrates and you can really only know for you by testing your blood glucose with a monitor before and 2 hours after eating. Those carbohydrates are in lots of foods so it is wise to choose foods lower in carbs or reduce your portion of those foods. The high carb foods are potatoes, bread, rice, pasta, cereals and starchy veg and tropical fruits, as well as cakes and biscuits.
How much carb you can cope with will depend on what meds you might be taking and how much exercise you have.
So very hard to say what somebody should have as it is quite a personal choice and people vary in what they have, some people here have less than 130g per day, some 60-70g some as low as 40g, but it is a matter of what works for them.
Cheers for the reply, and thank you for the information.
I'm not on any meds at the moment,.my blood sugar a few months ago was approaching the border count of type 2. Two weeks ago after a blood test the Dr informed me I'd crossed the threshold, she explained a few facts to me and told me to get my weight down and to come back in 3 months to reassess and see where I am.

Cheers for the reply, and thank you for the information.
I'm not on any meds at the moment,.my blood sugar a few months ago was approaching the border count of type 2. Two weeks ago after a blood test the Dr informed me I'd crossed the threshold, she explained a few facts to me and told me to get my weight down and to come back in 3 months to reassess and see where I am.
Have a look through the posts in this thread and you will see the sort of things people have for their meals, just look at the people with Type 2 as you will find that people with Type 1 probably will have more carbs as they will be taking insulin to counteract them.
If you post in the Newbies thread then I sure some people will chip in with some links you might find useful (I'm not sure how to do that) and also look at the learning zone where you will find lots of helpful information. It is good that your GP has given you the opportunity to pull things back without medication so the message is watch the carbs and increase exercise if you can.
If you say what your HbA1C was and what sort of meals you have then people can tailor their advice to your needs.

Wed
B yoghurt, blueberries, strawberries and scattering granola
L; ryvita, tin mackerel, cucumber, pepper, cheese. half apple
D: homemade burger, salad, half roll, quark and seeds
Thurs
B:cheese on toast with poached egg
L; homemade celery, leek and pea soup, ryvita, cheese ham, half pear
D lightly dusted lemon sole, asparagus, courgette with pesto, mixed fruit with Quark

There are lots in the meal plans from diabetes U.K. . I take from whatever diet plan the things I like and adapt them to what suits me. I love vegetarian and the aubergine courgette Parmesan I’ve had weekly since I found it. I also love the Hairy Bikers book . Fish with marinated greens we do with salmon and it’s really tasty the sesame chilli sauce on cabbage is yummy. It does have honey that may spike some but again in moderation it works for me. I was bad in the mornings and I worked on sorting my breakfasts out . I like variety and now I have a few things . My favourite has to be the yoghurt with frozen berries n almonds. I had muesli from Tesco no added sugar n salt and as long as I had 80 cals worth it worked. Next will be more by lunches now the weather is warmer soups are out but one gets a frightful fed up with salad. It is finding things and whAt makes life easier . As I say I’m concentrating on lunches. I miss bread and rice the most. Pasta now I use courgettes I don’t really miss potatoes I use celeriac and I have used rice for cauliflower Tis okay but it’s definitely not a favourite. Let me know your food likes too. Love the ones above

B - single slice toast (lower carb bread) buttered with sugar free marmalade & 1/2 apple
L - sandwich primula cream cheese & rocket (I’m eating warburtons wholemeal bread and at 9g carbs per-slice I’m finding ok for me)
snack 1/2 apple & chopped nuts (if I didn’t have this snack in the car I think would’ve had a McDonald’s in fact i arrived at McDonald’s but resisted the devils food ate snack and drove off)
D Donner kebab meat (threw the pita bread in bin but enjoyed the meat and salad)

Today 14/5/2021
B - 2 rounds of hovis med white sliced with a scraping of pate on
Total carbs 36g or 3.6 cps

L - salmon sandwich on 2 rounds of hovis med white & with a bit of cucumber on - batchelors asparagus cup a soup - 2 2 fingered kit kat
Total carbs 81g or 8.1 cps

T - prawn cocktail, 1 chicken kiev - 1/2 pk of tortellini, 3 pieces of garlic bread, muller corner yoghurt with balls in
Total carbs 104g or 10.4 cps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back