Dinner: dinosaur egg, celeriac chips and salad
Snack: 2 cold chicken drumsticks and a sausage

bakebeans

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast: eat natural granola and yogurt
Lunch: tuna salad and peanuts
Snack: half a sausage roll and 4 chicken goujons
Dinner: 2 cod in butter sauce, celeriac mash, cauliflower, broccoli and asparagus

Toucan

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast: Greek Yoghurt, blueberries, seeds, cinnamon
Lunch: Cheese and Tomato salad; fincrisp with soft cheese and yoghurt
Supper: Friday night 'fish and chips' baked Cod; celeriac chips and peas
Snack: Melba toast with peanut butter. Lots of tea and coffee
Total around 70g carbs

SkinnyLiz

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
breakfast: 2xCWC, homemade grain free nut granola, bacon melt. Really enjoy these, need to make more. Then will have in fridge or freezer, tasty, filling and guilt free ready made breakfast/lunch/snack.
mid morning: CWC with the idea of making the cream last longer, am now using half and half. does not seem to impact BG
Lunch: one slice of pain kapnor toast, (for anyone wondering, its a seeded granary loaf, low GI and 15g carbs per slice) with pate, lettuce, half a large tomato and coleslaw. Water and tea.
Confession, very stressful and frustrating day, had glass of wine as well.
Dinner: savory mince with roasted celeariac topping, mixed veg from freezer, french beans likewise. water and wine, Am running out of fresh veg and dairy products. Trying to manage until masks arrive.
late night snack: chunk of cheese and then greek yoghurt with raspberries.
lemon tea at bedtime.

NotWorriedAtAll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast: small avocado with mayonnaise - cup of decaff coffee

Lunch: Roasted cauliflower in garlic, sumac and lemon with celeriac mash made with extra thick cream.

Evening: Fresh strawberries (felt like such a huge treat to get these) and the last of the thick cream.

Used the sumac marinade and directions from this recipe (only two garlic cloves as they were big ones) and used fresh cauliflower florets instead of chicken. Used a lower temperature to cook and kept an eye on it and hoiked them out after about twenty minutes and turned them over for another five.

NotWorriedAtAll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
sounds very tasty
I have had the sumac in my cupboard for ages and didn't know how to use it. Looked online for a recipe and came up with this one. Can see i will be buying more sumac very soon - it is yummy.

bakebeans

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Lunch: wasn’t hungry
Dinner: 2 burgers with cheese, 2 pieces of livlife bread and salad

the day before was much the same apart from chicken instead of burgers, anxiety can really help take away your want of food! :(

bakebeans

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Snack: tea and 1 foxes cream biscuit
Dinner: 2 eggs, 3 bacon, 3 sausages, mushrooms and avocado

bakebeans

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Dinner: chicken tikka and salad with 2 popadoms

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well, I've been struggling mentally the last few days which means my BG has been higher than I would like so yesterday when I got up, I wasn't in the frame of mind to make any logical decisions. Shot myself 4 units of Fiasp along with my Levemir and had my coffee with cream and then started thinking about what I would have for breakfast.... no granola left and by this time my BG was dropping fast. Ended up making some porridge with water, then added frozen berries, mixed seeds and creamy yoghurt. Had a bit of a panic moment thinking that the porridge is supposed to be slow release and my BG was already down to 4.8 from 7.2 but went for it. Really enjoyed the porridge (not had it since I started on insulin and my digestive system got straight to work on it and held me steady. Had to top up with a piece of dried fruit later to keep me in range and had a small packet of pork scratchings mid afternoon but otherwise I was good all day BG wise and didn't feel like I needed lunch. Had a lot of stuff to do with the horses and then move them to their summer grazing so 3 trips a mile up the hill and back with them and didn't get in the house until 10pm for something else to eat. Had some roasted pork spare ribs and then a boiled egg salad with coleslaw and a glass of rum and coke and a glass of water, none of which required any further insulin so I made it through the day on that 4 units at breakfast.
Very happy with that and as a result I did the same today and just needed a couple of slight top ups... an apple this morning and a square of dark choc with a spoon of peanut butter this afternoon but staying nicely in range and not needing lunch. Hoping to eat a lot earlier tonight though.

bakebeans

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Lunch: left over pork, pickle, cheese, cucumber, tomatoes, celery and avocado
Snack: packet of skips
Dinner: cheese and broccoli burgers with salad
Afters: 25g bar of mint chocolate from Aldi - first time trying it and it was amazing

NotWorriedAtAll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well and truly fell of the wagon today.
Breakfast - nothing.

Drank decaff tea for most of the day.

Ate two pepperami sticks during the afternoon.

Just shared a large cod and chips with my husband - he had most of the chips but I still had a fair number and I had a glass of white wine with it. I had mayonnaise and lots of vinegar on mine and now I'm having a mug of peppermint tea.

I ran out of tester strips so I have no idea what my blood sugar levels are - I expect they will be around ten at peak going by previous encounters with fish and chips.

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
A couple sat by me on the river wall today and they were eating fish and chips. The smell was intoxicating!

NotWorriedAtAll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
A couple sat by me on the river wall today and they were eating fish and chips. The smell was intoxicating!
I found the new cheapy blood glucose monitor I bought and it has ten test strips in with it. I checked an hour after eating and it was 8.2 and I just checked again now which is just about three hours after eating and it is 7.2 - so I think I got away with it!!!

SkinnyLiz

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
breakfast, 2 cups CWC,homemade grain free granola.
Lunch, salad with tinned mackerel in tomato sauce, two cups of tea
dinner frozen meal, Parmentier de Canard, similar to shepherds pie but duck underneath, very tasty, didnt eat all the potato topping, brocolli, carrots and roasted celeriac. glass of wine, tea later in the evening.

bakebeans

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Lunch: ham, cheese, cucumber, tomatoes, celery and a packet of skips
Snack: chocolate chip cookie and some nuts
Dinner: dinosaur egg, salad and garlic butter mushrooms

NotWorriedAtAll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
As usual can't remember yesterday but today I had:

Breakfast: A tin of laverbread (about 30 calories and hardly any carbs) mixed with some wheat bran (I'm experimenting with new ingredients) and oregano and some garlic oil, then fried until crispy on the outside served with a large fried egg. Decaff coffee black no sweetener to drink.

All day drinking black decaff coffee.

Evening Meal: Large duck breast cooked with a very crispy skin served with konjac rice and some home grown mushrooms (I've got some kits and they are yielding about two mushrooms a day at the moment), some ginger and garlic and spring onions and sesame oil, olive oil, a dash of ginger wine and a dash of gluten free soya sauce and a tablespoon of Branston.

Had Earl Grey decaff to drink and a large glass of sugar free squash.

RAL6630

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast, 2 boiled eggs, small piece homemade sour dough.
Lunch; 60 g cheddar cheese, 1 thin slice ham, salad and an apple.
Dinner, salmon roasted with chilli, soy sauce and ginger with stir fried vegetables.

NotWorriedAtAll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Today:
Breakfast: Flat bread made with wheat bran and vital wheat gluten and flaxseeds and egg powder with egg salad made with boiled egg and mayonnaise. So a bit egg heavy, Didn't affect my blood sugar level at all. 6.5 waking and 6.5 after eating.

Skipped lunch and felt a bit dizzy around three in the afternoon so had a handful of peanuts - blood sugar 5.4 before peanuts. Felt okay then so didn't test after eating.

Evening meal: Had a proper wheat flat bread. I made them for my husband and couldn't resist. Had loads of butter on it and had another cold boiled egg.
Thought I'd got away with it - an hour after eating my level was 8.1.
But a couple of hours later it was 9.4!!!!
I had a big cup of peppermint tea and tested again an hour later - back to 6.6