What did you eat yesterday?

bakebeans

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast: eat natural granola and yogurt with 1 chopped strawberry
Lunch: 2 boiled eggs, 2 pieces of ham, 2 gherkins, 4 Brazil nuts, cucumber, tomatoes, cheese, lettuce and coleslaw And some chilli Doritos
Dinner: home made chicken curry with cauliflower rice, an onion Bhaji and some mini popadoms
Snack: peanuts

SkinnyLiz

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
30-04-2020
Breakfast: nut granola, cauliflower kedgeree, 2 CWC
cant remember if i had coffee in the morning.
Lunch: the same tomato soup with yoghut stirred in. Realised too late should have used cream. Was thinking soured cream and yoghurt is a decent substititute flavourwise, but has lot more carbs.
Before lunch BG. 5.4 Shot up to 9.9 in an hour, but forgot to set timer. So no two hour figure. three and a half hours later. before dinner was still high at 6.8.one hour 6.9.
Not a very good evening. Ate too much dinner, chicken casserole,(had seconds) with buttered cabbage and green beans, Glass of wine, then half a glass more. Two small bowls of raspberries and cream, far too much chocolate,and several chunks of cheese.

01-05-2020
breakfast: just CWC about 9am
brunch 11ish 2 sausages, vegetable cakes, fried mushrooms, CWC
Tea in the afternoon
Dinner; chicken casserole with cauliflower and carrot rice,(an experiment) and green beans, water and wine (one glass)
evening: tea

bakebeans

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast: eat natural granola and yogurt with a strawberry
Lunch: 2 boiled eggs, avocado, ham, cheese, tomatoes, cucumber, celery, lettuce and 5 Brazil nuts
Dinner: steak, celeriac mash, steamed veg and pepper sauce
Afters: a handful of mixed berries topped with granola and cream. Tried to make it like crumble but it wasn’t great

NotWorriedAtAll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast: six rashers of streaky smoked bacon ( I got a kilogram for £3.99 because they were frozen due to coming up to their date and I cooked them all so I could freeze them again) and some scrambled egg made with double cream.

Lunch: Duck breast with coconut oil stir fry made of cabbage, carrot ribbons and shredded leek.
I accidentally ate a chocolate biscuit - I only meant to nibble a corner off my husband's but my mouth went out of control.

Evening meal - a chunk of cheddar.

All day drinking decaff coffee.

bakebeans

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast: eat natural granola and yogurt
Lunch: 4 slices of ham 4 pieces of cheese 4 cheese crackers a packet of skips and a quarter of hubby’s bagel
Dinner: home made kfc with salad and celeriac chips
Snack: few bites of hubby’s magnum ice cream. It was delicious I didn’t want to give it back!

SkinnyLiz

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
02-05-2020
Lunch: 4 slices of ham 4 pieces of cheese 4 cheese crackers a packet of skips and a quarter of hubby’s bagel
Dinner: home made kfc with salad and celeriac chips
Snack: few bites of hubby’s magnum ice cream. It was delicious I didn’t want to give it back!
Totally understand that ...

SkinnyLiz

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
02-05-2020
Breakfast: nut granola, fried four baby plum tomatoes, some mushrooms, and two slices of fried halloumi.
Lunch: salad, lettuce, cucumber, radish, One slice pain kapnor toast, pâté.Cucumber is really on its last legs,threw the remainder into compost bin. raspberries and cream. Am losing weight, eat more. Tea.
Afternoon, got the munchies again. Several pieces of cheese. Then thought i might be thirsty. Had missed morning coffee and water at lunchtime, so put the kettle on for tea. Power went off. Tumble Dryer and kettle, happens every time. Do know how to reset. But it didn't work. Waited a few mins. Try again. Still nothing. Had to call MrSlim. We spend about fifteen, maybe twenty minutes on the phone, while he gives instructions, and I try to follow them. Eventually we get it sorted, everything is working again.
Now, time for a cup of tea:D
Back to food. Started on the wine before dinner.
Dinner was teriyaki salmon using a recipe from internet. Made enough for two days. Buttered cabbage and peas. More raspberries and cream. Another glass of wine. Had several pieces of chocolate during the evening. Water before bed.

SkinnyLiz

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Breakfast: eat natural granola and yogurt with a strawberry
Lunch: 2 boiled eggs, avocado, ham, cheese, tomatoes, cucumber, celery, lettuce and 5 Brazil nuts
Dinner: steak, celeriac mash, steamed veg and pepper sauce
Afters: a handful of mixed berries topped with granola and cream. Tried to make it like crumble but it wasn’t great
Try adding ground almonds and butter to the Granola topping

NotWorriedAtAll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Am wondering what he said about that?
He just got another one out of the tin. And he told me to have a big cup of peppermint tea.

Breakfast: a piece of cheddar and some almonds and a cup of green tea

Lunch: 2 very small pieces of home made bread (yes it made me spike so I had peppermint tea and did some exercise biking and then it went back down to 6 within two hours) with home made butter and some salami slices.

Evening meal : a proper keto bread roll made from coconut flour and psyllium husk and butter and a cup of decaff coffee.

A bowl of home made ice cream - natvia sweetener, salted caramel flavouring and Madagascan vanilla extract, freeze dried strawberry pieces and double cream churned in my new ice cream maker. Shared with hubby.

Screenshot 2020-05-03 at 23.04.53.png

Toucan

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone,
I'm at a point of needing to re-visit my daily carb intake, as morning readings are creeping up, so Have decided to go back to daily carb diary. Thought that as an additional 'incentive' to tow the line that I'll maybe share it on here each day.

So this is how it went yesterday:
Breakfast; Greek yoghurt, blueberries, seeds, teaspoon of honey
Lunch: Home made Cabbage soup, with some smoked maceral added + 2 Finncrisps with smear of soft chees and teaspoon of honey.
Supper: Baked salmon with lemon and butter, tomato, mushrooms, peas and a very small piece of potato.

All not too bad so far but then:
I had made my husband a cake, and will power not strong enough to resist a slice. I've put the rest of it in a tin with a lid that is very hard to get off!

So my total carb count was around 130, which resulted in a morning reading of 6.7.
It wouldn't have been to bad without the 50g for the cake! - although honey is something that has crept into my eating recently and maybe needs to creep out again.

bakebeans

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Lunch: packet of popcorn and 3 pieces of chocolate ( was busy so didn’t stop to eat)
Dinner: dinosaur eggs, salad and corn on the cob
Afters: a little caramel cake bought for the kids but I couldn’t resist a slice 16g oh carbs checked bg 2.5 hours after eating and it was 5.3

Attachments

Toucan

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
dinosaur eggs
These look really good. I do a weekly ZOOM cooking session with my grandson and maybe something we could make.
is there a link to a recipe anywhere?

Toucan

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So day 2 of my 'getting back on track' project:

Breakfast: Egg, turkey rasher, tomatoes
Lunch: Cheese Salad+ 1 Finncrisp with soft cheese and honey
Supper: Vegetable stir fry with left over salmon and a white sauce + glass of white wine
Snack: 1 Finncrisp with soft cheese and honey

Total carbs around 65 and also did a good exercise session.
But morning reading still stuck at 6.7 - it's probably going to take a few days to start to get it down.

bakebeans

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
These look really good. I do a weekly ZOOM cooking session with my grandson and maybe something we could make.
is there a link to a recipe anywhere?
This is the video I watched. They are easy to make and we really enjoyed them. I cooked mine in the oven

SkinnyLiz

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
He just got another one out of the tin. And he told me to have a big cup of peppermint tea.

Breakfast: a piece of cheddar and some almonds and a cup of green tea

Lunch: 2 very small pieces of home made bread (yes it made me spike so I had peppermint tea and did some exercise biking and then it went back down to 6 within two hours) with home made butter and some salami slices.

Evening meal : a proper keto bread roll made from coconut flour and psyllium husk and butter and a cup of decaff coffee.

A bowl of home made ice cream - natvia sweetener, salted caramel flavouring and Madagascan vanilla extract, freeze dried strawberry pieces and double cream churned in my new ice cream maker. Shared with hubby.

View attachment 14076
that looks absolutely delicious. i am now regretting giving away my icecream maker.

SkinnyLiz

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
04-05-2020
Breakfast: nut granola, fried halloumi and four cherry plum tomatoes. 2 CWC.
I woke late, for me, and hungry. Making coffee, put the granola in the cup. Nearly added the water. Ooops. Obviously not properly awake.
Decided to go to town after Google maps confirmed distance. Long ride, not entirely without incident. But safely home with provisions and 40l of potting compost. After that scare am not sure I could do it again once lockdown ends. There will be so much more traffic.
Lunch: hungry again. Salad: lettuce and radish. from the garden, Macedoine. Two slices of toast. Was going to put sardines on them. But they were so delicious with just butter, that the sardines got a cold and slippy bed of lettuce, instead of warm toast. Then found some pâtè in the fridge. Jar was open, so i finished it off. Tea.
Dinner cup of tea. Chicken casserole, made two days ago. Steamed cabbage, cauliflower and a carrot from today's shop.
Glass of wine, later tea and water and more tea.

NotWorriedAtAll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Had another disrupted day. My mum managed to fuse her house again so we had to hot foot it down to sort her out so no time for breakfast.

I had Breakfast: 3 mini pepperamis and a cup of decaf coffee.

Lunch: three slices of tinned corned beef and 20g of home made wholemeal bread and butter and a teaspoon of baked beans.

Evening meal: 10 oz rump steak with mustard and a piece of cheddar and a cup of decaff coffee.

Tomorrow I plan to eat lots of veg to try and catch up on 'healthy' foods.

bakebeans

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast: eat natural granola and yogurt (my favourite meal)
Lunch: ham and egg salad and come Crisp’s
Dinner: home made honey and mustard sauce drizzled on roasted chicken thighs and veg
Snacks: 5 squares of chocolate, 3 cheesy cod bits and some peanuts