What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tea
B: 2 slices Hovis Nimble wholemeal, streaky bacon & 2 eggs, milky coffee.
Tea
L: Ploughman's lunch without the bread, berries, mullerlight yogurt.
Tea
T: Turkey & lentil stew, coffee.

Couldn't do the low carb, just like eating too much so I've had to give it up! Today was chocolate SlimFast, strawberry SlimFast and just now banana SlimFast, my favourite.

are these the ready made bottles of shakes? I'm surprised you can get off with them really seen as they are over 21g carbs per bottle, I'd personally much rather sit with a plate of roasted/steamed veg, cheese and meat/fish etc, even 100g charlotte potatoes have less carbs than a bottle of slimfast 😱

B - jumbo oats cooked in almond milk with a knob of butter, raspberries and a cup of coffee
snack - boiled egg and a coffee
D - 2 slice wholemeal minute steak, cheese and leek sandwich and a nature valley salted caramel protein bar
2 cups of French ground coffee
T - 3 egg mushroom and wiejska omelette, boiled charlotte potatoes, steamed green beans with my Dijon dressing and a 25g bar moser roth 85%
coffee
guilty evening pleasure - a chunk of Tesco finest smoked extra mature cheese :D

xx

Tea
B: Porridge, 2 boiled eggs, apple juice.
Tea
L: 2 roast chicken thighs, berries, mullerlight yogurt
Tea
T: Basa fillet roasted with garlic & cannellini beans which was served with roasted kalettes, most of them went in the food bin 🙄 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalette

Tea
B: Porridge
L: 2 fried eggs on 1 granary toast (which was very thick so I cut the crusts off), tea.
Coffee
T: Lamb shank & roast cauli, cognac.
Copious amounts of red wine with some friends, luckily no hangover this morning 😉

Tea
B: Out - 2 bacon, 2 poached eggs, grilled tomato, beans, 1 granary toast, tea.
Tea
L: Chicken & sweetcorn butty on seedy bread, berries, mullerlight yogurt.
Tea
T: Slow cooker "roast" chicken, new potatoes & fine beans, red wine.

Breakfast: 1x Fuel wheat biscuit with skimmed milk.

Lunch: Home made vegetable soup with 1 piece of of buttered burgen bread and a lump of mature cheddar cheese

Tea: Mediterranean roasted vegetables (courgette, mixed peppers, red onion and vine ripened cherry tomatoes) with fresh garlic and seasoning with Quorn pieces.

I had a Hartley’s 10 cal sugar free jelly and a packed or wotsits as a treat.

Tea
B: Porridge & 2 boiled eggs, water.
Tea
L: Chicken salad, berries & mullerlight yogurt.
Tea
T: Harissa lamb cooked in the slow cooker, red wine.

For me,

B. 20g museli, Bergen Toast, tea, Carbs about 20
L. My veg soup, Bits and pieces ( coleslaw, cheese, chorizo, salad leaves) Carbs about 20
T. Char Siu ( home made) Stir Fry veg inc small amount of potatoes, Carbs about 20
Supper tea and Biscuit Carbs 17
Snacked on pistachios.

Min measured BG 5.3, Max 6.4, average 5.7

A month ago before cutting carbs, Range was 11 to 17 with a mean of 13, when on the same medication.

Breakfast: A packet of Quorn chicken style slices (been experimenting with different options to reduce spikes)

Lunch: My usual home made vegetable soup with a slice of buttered burgen bread and a hunk of extra mature cheddar.

Snack: A packet of French fries crisps

Tea: Steamed new potatoes with salad and grated cheese.

NAUGHTY TREAT: A small bag of maltesers which I regret this morning after a high waking reading.

yesterday was a mess... low carb granola and strawberries for breakfast
then a buffet lunch. literally no good choices at all. So had two small fingers of sandwich, thick cut granary bread with almost no filling!
a mini scotchegg ( have always disliked those) one breaded chicken goujon. 2 cheese and pineapple on stick and a large glass of white wine. Oh and half a carrot cupcake, shared with my sister. Found it far too sweet so was glad to palm it off whilst appearing to be generous😉
dinner, scrambled egg, prawns and salad, yoghurt, full fat greek ofc. and berries. with a naughty drizzle of honey - need to empty the jar, and another glass of white wine

Breakfast: Fuel wheat biscuit with skimmed milk

Lunch: homemade vegetable coho with 1 slice of buttered burgen bread and some cheese (surprise surprise!)

Tea: Quorn pieces with Mediterranean roasted vegetables.

Snacks: 2 x satsumas, a packet of wotsists and a sugar free jelly.

19-03
breakfast; 2 slices burgen toast with 50g castello blue cheese, two cups of tea.
lunch, salad, minus tomato. hummous, olives, ham, avocado. 2 clementines bit under 100g together.
dinner; 70g chicken leg, 50g potato, 70g green beans, 60g cauliflower, 60g carrots, gravy
Then icecream, about 100g. Still needing calories and protein, so 50g mixed varieties of cheese and a slice of ham.
That should do it.
If still losing weight after another week will be back to the doc.

Tea
B: 2 wholemeal toast, 2 eggs, grilled tomato, milky cocoa
Tea
L: Roast chicken leg, cream of chicken soup, peach, Danone light & free yogurt.
Tea
T: Sweet & sour chicken with a spoonful of basmati rice, water.
Red bush tea.

19-03
breakfast; 2 slices burgen toast with 50g castello blue cheese, two cups of tea.
lunch, salad, minus tomato. hummous, olives, ham, avocado. 2 clementines bit under 100g together.
dinner; 70g chicken leg, 50g potato, 70g green beans, 60g cauliflower, 60g carrots, gravy
Then icecream, about 100g. Still needing calories and protein, so 50g mixed varieties of cheese and a slice of ham.
That should do it.
If still losing weight after another week will be back to the doc.
Back to the surgery today. Saw a different Doc he is looking for something far more scary than inadequate diet.

two fried eggs on two slices of potatoe farls. (tea)
Handful of green grapes, fruit yogurt. 3 slices of cheese. This picked me up after I'd been for a bike ride of 9 miles+ today
Breakfast was cereal hoops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back