What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B. Two shredded wheat with skimmed milk and some dates. One slice of home made granary toast with cottage cheese.L (Bella Italia) Spaghetti with king prawns and chilli. D. One bowl of home made carrot and coriander soup with slice of granary bread. Nibbles. Pretzels.

Breakfast: 100-120 ml Yoghurt ( full fat greek style) and 30g prunes, with a dozen almonds.
Use about half pint of semi-skimmed milk in drinks during the day.
Lunch: usually homemade soup, mostly vegetable based, today was french onion.

Small glass red wine, while I was cooking, some found its way into dinner as well.

Dinner: tonight tagliatelle, 80g dry weight portion, (looked minute in the pan). With homemade bolognaise sauce. Carrots, broccolli and leeks. Cut the leeks into pieces about four inches long and sliced them finely lengthways. Was thinking mix with pasta to bulk it out. Some sauce was leftover. Before would probaby have eaten it as not enough for another meal. Now, it might be soupbase. Or maybe add it to the french onion soup made today.

My question is how to calculate the carbs? Never mind calories in a day like that. And is it enough?
Am finding I eat more if its a ready meal, because of knowing the approximate nutritional content.
Still feeling a bit overful, so no inclination to snack, today.

Yesterday
Lemsip
Tea
B: Porridge
Tea
L: Bacon & egg butty on wholemeal
Tea
T: Cod & mushy peas from the chippy
Squash
Medicinal Cognac (absolutely full of cold - feel dreadful).

I hope you h@d a lovely day yesterday.
Not posted here for a while.
Yesterday.
B. 2 slices of burnt toast with butter, peanut butter and coffee with cream
L. Dressed grab (tinned) sarnie and sparkling water
D. Sirloin steak, mushrooms and 6 oven chips and a Coke Zero.
Snacks consisted of walnuts and more walnuts.
Coffee with cream
A Coke Zero
Sparkling water.

Yesterday
B - jumbo oats, raspberries and a knob of butter done in almond milk and a coffee with almond milk
S - cup of coffee with almond milk and a boiled egg
D - heaps of turkey, few rashers of bacon from the top of the turkey crown, sausage meat stuffing, boiled charlotte potatoes and roast sprouts and a mushroom with a drop of gravy AND fought my demons to have a large slice of yule log afterwards! :D
cup of Italian coffee (ok 2 lol)
T - ham sandwich with a chunk of turkey on the side of the plate and a bar moser roth 85% (it was Christmas) haha
Cup of coffee and almond milk

Today
Breakfast and snack same as everyday
D - turkey sandwich with a chunk of sausage meat stuffing on the side of the plate and a salted caramel protein bar
s - 2 cups of Italian coffee
T - will be the same as Christmas dinner as there's plenty of leftovers (minus the slice of yule log :() lol
xx

Yesterday & the day before
Lots of turkey, sprouts, ham, sausage meat stuffing, bacon, eggs, wine, gin, baileys, chocolate, nuts, sausage rolls, prawns :D

B. My usual
D. Rump steak, mushrooms , 8 oven chips and a Coke Zero.
T. Christmas pud with cream , sparkling waster.
S. Williams pear.
S. walnuts.
Water throughout the day.

Yesterday
Tea
B: Bacon & Egg butty on naughty white bread
Tea
L: Ham & tomato on wholemeal roll
Tea
T: Out at local gastro pub - Prawn cocktail, duck a l'orange with lots of veg and a few parmentier potatoes, profiteroles, red wine.

B. My usual
D. Fish pie, peas and a Coke Zero
S. Walnuts
Water throughout the day.

Yesterday
B - porridge in almond milk with raspberries and a knob of butter and a coffee with almond milk
S - boiled egg and a coffee with almond milk
D - boiled charlotte potatoes, roast brussel sprouts and a mushroom, onion gravy and A LOT of silverside 🙂 slice of yule log and a glass of Tesco sparkling water with a hint of vanilla and cherry (really nice stuff)
2 cups of Italian coffee
T - wholemeal german smoked baked ham sandwich with mustard and a slice of silverside on the edge of the plate
Cup of coffee with almond milk
Today
Breakfast and snack same as every other day
D - wholemeal silverside and mustard sandwich and a salted caranmel protein bar and a pint of water
2 cups of Italian coffee
T - same as yesterdays dinner minus the slice of yule log with a pint of water
Cup of coffee with almond milk
babybel 🙂 xx

Today
Tea
B: Out - 2 bacon, 2 poached eggs, grilled tomato, baked beans, 1 granary toast, tea
Tea
L: Tesco chicken & sweetcorn soup, 2 chicken wings, strawberries, WW yogurt
Tea
T: Stir fried prawns and veg with a few noodles & Chinese sauce
Coffee

Breakfast: tea, full fat greek yoghurt with mixed berries, tiny spoon of honey and a dozen almonds,tea
coffee with semi skimmed milk
very late lunch: (3pm) cheese and biscuits tea
dinner: small glass white wine, chicken, leek and mushroom casserole, served with cauliflower and buttered savoy cabbage.
three chocolates and another small glass of wine during the evenng
tea at bedtime

Today
Tea
B: Berries & Greek yogurt, 2 grilled tomatoes on 1 slice seedy bread toasted.
Tea
L: Tesco chicken casserole, 2 chicken wings, 3 tiny melon slices, WW yogurt.
Tea
T: Pork chop, sweet potatoes chips, cabbage.
Coffee
SF lemonade.

Hello everyone, I’m a newbie diagnosed type 2 six weeks ago. Struggling with food choices, my diet used to have a lot of bread in it. What is Bergen bread and why is it so much better, is it expensive. Had 2 slices of whole meal for breakfast this morning and went from 8 to 11.4, is that usual? I loathe veg except peas and carrots so finding it all a bit of a struggle
PS BMI 24, never been overweight
Taking 1000mg metformin

It’s actually Burgen bread. It’s got soya and linseed and for a lot of folk, has less effect on BG than some other breads. I have paid from 75p to £1.50p. You can get it in Sainsbury’s, some Asda’s and Co-op’s. Bread, like pasta, potatoes and rice can bump up BG and generally the advice is to limit a spike to 3 or under so your 3.4 less than acceptable. Remember also that everybody reacts differently to certain foods.

It’s actually Burgen bread. It’s got soya and linseed and for a lot of folk, has less effect on BG than some other breads. I have paid from 75p to £1.50p. You can get it in Sainsbury’s, some Asda’s and Co-op’s. Bread, like pasta, potatoes and rice can bump up BG and generally the advice is to limit a spike to 3 or under so your 3.4 less than acceptable. Remember also that everybody reacts differently to certain foods.
Thank you, think I will try it and see how bg is affected

Breakfast: Wetherspoons veggie breakfast of 3 Quorn sausages, baked beans and a slice of buttered toast (white...ouch)

Lunch: Home made vegetable soup (consists of carrots, onions and peppers, veg stock and various herbs and chilli seeds) with a chunk of mature cheddar and a slice of seeded wholemeal buttered bread (don’t usually have read twice in a day)

Tea: Salad with new potatoes and some grated cheese.

Snacks: Hartley’s 10 cal jelly and a packet of French fries crisps

Drinks: Water and Pepsi Max

B: Out - 2 bacon, 2 sasuage, scrambled egg, grilled tomato, beans, mushrooms, latte.
Tea
Snack: 1/2 scotch egg
Tea
T: Roast turkey, parsnip, sprouts, carrots & sausagemeat stuffing, red wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back