What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
12/07/18 Another mixed bag of readings because I was in pain today without paracetamol as my neck was only a little bit hot at times. Both my shoulders were hurting as they’re compensating for my neck! Did FINALLY take 2 paracetamol just before dinner! Had to increase the bolus a bit because of the pain?

06:44 BS 7.8 Freestyle mini & 8.1 on GlucoRx nexus mini ultra. 10 units Novorapid Breakfast:- 1 baked sausage, 2 slices veg rolls, herb & cheese omelette & 150ml pressed cloudy lemonade the cracker drinks co. 08:48 BS 9.6.

Had forgotten the 2 day Bank Holiday here, for the 12th. & 13th. July in NI, & I won’t have any more GlucoRx strips until next Wednesday & the starter strips won’t last till then! I have a fair idea that they are about 0.3mmol higher than the Freestyle strips! It was a good thing I’d picked up my prescription yesterday as everything is closed here today & tomorrow!

Slowed cooked chicken casserole just before cooking Lunch.

11:23 BS 10.3. A little rise again! 12 units Novorapid 31 units Levemir & all other meds Lunch:- 2 minted lamb quarter pounder burgers asda, 1.5 servings 12 pellets frozen mash potatoes asda, 1 bag steam veg birds eye sunshine mix, 5g pure butter dromona & 150ml pressed pineapple, coconut & lime juice cracker drinks co. 13:25 BS 9.2.

After chicken was cooked, around the 2 hour mark of cooking, I was tasting while the casserole was cooking so BS will be affected?

15:00 BS 6.8. 12 units Novorapid & the first dose of paracetamol of the day Dinner:- 1 serving chicken casserole, 8 seasoned potato wedges asda & 150ml pressed passion flower & mango juice cracker drinks co. 16:25 BS 9.4. Ok, ish as it’s less than 90mins.

I started this morning alright & didn’t realise until after breakfast I hadn’t taken any paracetamol: didn’t need it! Then the ache in my shoulders started & the day seemed to drag as the pain increased!

I’ve taken the paracetamol just in time as my neck is starting to heat up now so, hopefully it can calm down enough for me to sleep later!

An early goodnight everybody & wake up to a great day tomorrow! 🙂

Oh, if BS doesn’t settle down tomorrow I’ll up the Levemir to 32 units & ring my DSN on Monday, after normal services resumes after the Bank Holiday!

Thursday 12/7
FBG (05:30) Not measured today
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (made with almond milk),peach,
blackberries, pecans {288 Cal / 34.9g Carbs}
……………………………….2 mile walk
……………………………….5 km on rowing machine
Breakfast 2 (8am): Toast (one slice, seeded), mackerel/ Tangerine {219 Cal / 14.9g Carbs}

Snack (9am): Banana {59 Cal / 13.4g Carbs}

New boiler an some new pipes being fitted today so no water for most of the day.
Forced to eat out lunch & dinner (oh the horror) so quantities are estimated.
Pretty healthy meals in the main though

Lunch (12pm): Wood pigeon with truffle pesto, crostini / Prosecco (3oz) {249 Cal / 10.5g Carbs}
Sicilian sardines, white bean & fennel salad / Grillo (4oz) {327 Cal / 26.9g Carbs}
Churros / Moscatel (3oz) {258 Cal / 24.9g Carbs}

BG (6pm) 4.2
Dinner (6.30pm): Pigs head terrine, gooseberry compote {169 Cal / 7.5g Carbs}
Rare seared tuna, smoked tomatoes, new potato & fennel salad {149 Cal / 9.7g Carbs}
Chocolate mousse, raspberries, hazelnuts {257 Cal / 16.5g Carbs}
Prosecco (6oz) {145 Cal / 4.6g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 2160
Carbs 163.7g
Protein 111.8g
Fat 72.3g (Sat Fat 16.6g / Trans fat 0.4g)

Generally not bad choices for meals out, though drank too much booze.

Breakfast - yogurt and coconut
Lunch - leftover cauliflower ziti and salad
Dinner - balsamic cream chicken and mushrooms with 50g new potatoes
Snacks - 1 apple 2 squares dark chocolate 1, 100g tub icecream
BGL breakfast 4.8-4.8 Lunch 4.9-4.4 Dinner 4.4-4.0

Brunch. 4 Ryvita’s with a little cheese , an apple and a large coffee.
D. A crispy Chicken burger😱, peas and a few buttered and minty Jersey royals and a Coke Zero.
S. Coffee and I managed to ignore the gingernuts that we’re shouting to me from the depths of the cupboard :D I’m very proud of myself for managing to do that..
A most necessary early morning feast of 150 ml of full fat Coke and 2 slices of buttered wholemeal bread and peanut butter to ensure I could sleep safely.
Water throughout the day.

13/07/18 More pain as the heat receded so, futher increases in insulin! :(

08:07 BS 8.9. 2x500mg paracetamol 12 units Novorapid Breakfast:- 2 poached eggs, 1 baked sausage, 2 slices veg rolls, 100g baked beans & 2 cups twinings everyday with 80ml longlife almond milk. 10:37 BS 11.2.

Had a nice hot bath after breakfast with plenty of arnica for the aching shoulders & back from moving around the kitchen cooking! It helped! 🙂

12:29 BS 11.6. 2x50mg paracetamol 12 units Novorapid 32 units Levemir & all other meds Lunch:- 1 battered fish fillet, 10 potato lattices & 150ml pineapple, coconut & lime juice. Forgot to test.

16:33 BS 8.4. 12 units Novorapid Dinner:- 1 serving chicken casserole, 1.5 servings 12 pellets frozen mashed potatoes & 150ml passion fruit & mango juice. 18:30 BS 10.6.

Having another bath with arnica & see if I can manage without paracetamol! Will go to bed after the bath so:-

Goodnight everybody & wake up to a wonderful day & weekend! 🙂

Friday 13/7
FBG (05:30) 4.3
……………………………….4 mile walk
Breakfast (8am): Toast (one slice, seeded),scrambled eggs, mushrooms,
tomatoes / Juice from one orange {296 Cal / 23.2g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Chicken broth {107 Cal / 1.7g Carbs}
Turkey & avocado salad, hummus {311 Cal / 12.2g Carbs}
Peach, blackberries, yoghurt, walnuts {132 Cal / 10.7g Carbs}

BG (5pm) 4.1
Snack (5pm): Apple slices, pecans {102 Cal / 7.6g Carbs}

Dinner (6.30pm): Rabbit & foraged mushroom stew, sweet potato mash, turnip,
roast sunchokes, peas {362 Cal / 42.0g Carbs}
Pear, blackcurrants, yoghurt, hazelnuts {150 Cal / 12.9g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Toast (one slice, seeded),almond milk {122 Cal / 11.9g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1648
Carbs 128.5g
Protein 104.1g
Fat 68.8g (Sat Fat 15.2g / Trans fat 0.4g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please ask.

B. My usual.
L sparkling water.
S. An apple and sparkling water.
D. Fish pie, cauli and a Coke Zero .
Before bed .a large Coffee.
Water throughout the day.

14/07/18 MUCH better today!🙂 I had to up the insulin further but, had my first paracetamol free day, since the injury, & managed to keep my BS in the green, within target ranges, all day! It was a bit painful & hot at times but, managed to get through it!🙂 Oh, forgot to post this yesterday: I went to bed at 22:14 with BS 7.1.

08:04 BS 8.0. 12 units Novorapid Breakfast:- 2 poached eggs, 2 sausage & herb patties tesco, 100g baked beans & 150ml cloudy lemonade cracker drinks co. 10:00 BS 7.6.

12:00 BS 6.5. 14 units Novorapid, yesterday’s 12 wasn’t enough, 32 units Levemir & all other meds Lunch:- 1 minted lamb burger asda 10 seasoned potato wedges asda, 1 bag steam veg birds eye sunshine mix & 150ml pineapple, coconut & lime juice cracker drinks co. 13:15 BS 8.0.

16:12 BS 5.7 12 units Novorapid Dinner:- 2 salmon paste (tesco) sandwiches, 1 cinnamon fibre one/90 square & 3 cups twinings everyday with 120ml longlife almond milk. 17:48 BS 7.2.

19:57 BS 6.3. Just after bath & going to bed soon!

I got 2 letters through the post today. One telling me that the diabetic eye screening on 26/07/18 showed some background diabetic retinopathy that didn’t require any action! My BS was high for SO long after the hospital stay last year, May 2017, so, not really surprising I suppose but, still not nice to hear!:(

The second one telling me that my GP, unbeknown to me, arranged an Xray of my spine for 24/07/18. I HAD planned to do Physio exercises once the heat & pain calms down so, I’m not too stiff before my Physio appointment but, will now wait for the xray first: in case there’s any damage!:(

Goodnight everybody & wake up to another wonderful day & an EASY Sunday morning: as in the song lyric!:D 😎

Yesterday
Tea
B: Out at the new Wetherspoons in Ramsgate, it's lovely, right on the beach. 2 bacon, egg, sausage, beans, grilled tomato, 1 toast, black pudding, tea.
Lots of squash as I was doing some dreaded housework and it was very hot :D
Went shopping for a new lap top and popped into KFC (cos Alan fancied one), ended up with a fillet salad & a latte.
T: Quesadillas & 2 glasses of red wine.
Tea.

I wasn't well yesterday so I fasted but drank plenty of water throughout the day.
WL

Saturday 15/7
FBG (05:30) 4.2
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (made with almond milk), raspberries,
blackcurrants, walnuts {288 Cal / 33.8g Carbs}
……………………………….2 mile walk
……………………………….5 km on rowing machine
Breakfast 2 (8am): Toast (one slice, seeded), garlic mushrooms,
tomatoes / Juice from one orange {193 Cal / 29.7g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Vegetable broth {94 Cal / 8.4g Carbs}
Ham & avocado salad, hummus {256 Cal / 11.8g Carbs}
Pear, blackberries, yoghurt, hazelnuts {142 Cal / 13.7g Carbs}

Dinner (7pm): Barbecue with friends
Olives, roasted, salted almonds / Pink fizz (6oz) {258 Cal / 8.2g Carbs}
Chilli prawns, white gazpacho / Chablis (4oz) {355 Cal / 9.7g Carbs}
Rack of lamb, Greek salad, new potatoes / Malbec (4oz) {373 Cal / 15.7g Carbs}
Chocolate & raspberry torte, stem ginger ice cream / Port (3oz) {341 Cal / 22.2g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 2370
Carbs 159.0g
Protein 97.4g
Fat 102.3g (Sat Fat 28.3g / Trans fat 0.9g)

B.Fast: 2 boiled eggs wrapped in lettuce.
Lunch: Falafel and salad
Dinner: Prawn Sir fry with Singapore noodles - a wee handful - and still spike at 9.4 later:(

15/07/18 Quite a good day considering that I got up late & started out of target! But, it settled down nicely & the rest of the day was within target! No heat at all today & minimal pain in my left shoulder: no paracetamol!🙂

12:00 BS 10.0. 14 units Novorapid, lunchtime dose, 32 units Levemir & all other meds Breakfast:- 2 poached eggs, 2 sausage & herb patties tesco, 100g baked beans & 150ml mango & passion fruit juice cracker drinks co. 13:33 BS 8.5.

16:08 BS 5.1. 12 units Novorapid Lunch:- 1 serving chicken casserole, 1.5 servings 12 pellets frozen mashed potato asda & 150ml cloudy lemonade cracker drinks co. 17:20 BS 7.8. Felt REALLY tired so, tested a bit early in case I fell asleep! But, testing woke me up a bit & the sleepiness passed!

20:00 BS 6.7. 12 units Novorapid Dinner:- 1 battered fish fillet youngs, 8 potato lattices asda & 2 cups twinings everyday with 80ml longlife almond milk. 21:31 BS 7.9. Just after bath & going to bed soon!

I think I may reduce the basal insulin tomorrow & will call the DSN for advice!

I had a pretty lazy day today watching episodes of the remade Battlestar Galactica on DVD.

I hope you all had a great day & wish you all a goodnight!🙂 Tomorrow is the start of a new week & there’s light at the end of the tunnel as I recover from the heat & pain in my neck & shoulders! Yay!🙂

Last edited:
Yesterday
Tea
B: Bacon butty on Burgen, tea
Lots of squash I was doing more lovely housework
L: A terrible beef & something cheese butty from Tesco, threw most of it away :(
Tea
T: We had a raclette with prawns, chicken, steak, sausage, peppers, onion, mushrooms, sweet chilli sauce (low sugar) and some hummus. An Aperol spritz & some prosecco. :D

Sunday 16/7
FBG (05:30) 3.9
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Weetabix (made with almond milk), raspberries,
peach, hazelnuts {250 Cal / 34.6g Carbs}
……………………………….4 mile walk
Breakfast 2 (8am): Toast (one slice, seeded), garlic mushrooms,
tomatoes / Juice from one orange {172 Cal / 22.9g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Vegetable broth {105 Cal / 9.7g Carbs}
Turkey & avocado salad, hummus {362 Cal / 11.1g Carbs}
Plum, blackberries, yoghurt, walnuts {148 Cal / 13.2g Carbs}

Snack (2pm): Apple, peanut butter {153 Cal / 10.9g Carbs}
………………………………..4 mile walk
Snack (4pm): Vanilla ice cream {93 Cal / 10.3g Carbs}

Dinner (7pm): Albacore tuna steak, new potatoes, roast squash,
peas, sweetcorn {320 Cal / 31.2g Carbs}
Strawberries, blueberries, yoghurt, pecans {141 Cal / 12.5g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1801
Carbs 162.7g
Protein 91.9g
Fat 74.7g (Sat Fat 14.9g / Trans fat 0.3g)

Breakfast - Alpro fibre yogurt with coconut
Lunch - home made salad bowl with bacon and Brie
Dinner - salad cottage cheese ham and a soft boiled egg
Snacks - 2 liquorice Sulla sugar free sweets( new guilty pleasure )1 apple
BGL breakfast 4.5-4.7 Lunch 4.5-4.6 Dinner 4.4-4.6

Last edited:
Yesterday
Tea
B: Out - 1 bacon, 1 sausage, 1 egg, beans, tinned tomato, hash brown & 1 seedy toast, tea.
Tea
L: Mozzarella & tomato salad, pear, Mullerlight yogurt.
Tea
T: Ham, cheese & mushroom omelette, coffee.
Water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back