What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B: Bacon butty on Burgen
L: A few handfuls of chilli peanuts (the lowest carb ones I've seen at 1g per 25g serving)
D: Curry marinated chicken with peas & roasted cauli, turnip, butternut squash & sweet potato. A Jamie Oliver recipe where the veg are roasted underneath the chicken so soak up all the flavours from the curried chicken juices,🙂
Pud: 2 squares 85% choc.

I did it, thanks Peeps.:D
Took around 8 minutes on top speed
Strawberries with Whipped cream tonight just for a change.

IMG_5123.jpg

Have been quite bad with food over the past few days - like Martin I've had an evil cold so I've kind of just thrown caution to the wind in a bid to try and get well again. Along with a birthday meal out with my friends on Saturday to Las Iguanas, it's not been the best. So I enjoyed a bit of rice, some churros and a small pork pie over the week, along with some throat sweets and lemsip. Back to normal now, and a proper push to get back into my routine.

Yesterday:
B - 50g M&S Crunchy crisp thing, (about 20g carbs a bowl), semi-skimmed milk
L - Salad, lettuce, cucmber, cherry tomato, sugarsnap peas, babycorn, 20g Cheddar. 5 mini-sausages, pork pie, and 1 mini scotch egg. 7-Up free.
D: Mini cod bites, 65g peas/65g sweetcorn. 2 scoops of Mint Halo-Top because it was my birthday!

Have been quite bad with food over the past few days - like Martin I've had an evil cold so I've kind of just thrown caution to the wind in a bid to try and get well again. Along with a birthday meal out with my friends on Saturday to Las Iguanas, it's not been the best. So I enjoyed a bit of rice, some churros and a small pork pie over the week, along with some throat sweets and lemsip. Back to normal now, and a proper push to get back into my routine.

Yesterday:
B - 50g M&S Crunchy crisp thing, (about 20g carbs a bowl), semi-skimmed milk
L - Salad, lettuce, cucmber, cherry tomato, sugarsnap peas, babycorn, 20g Cheddar. 5 mini-sausages, pork pie, and 1 mini scotch egg. 7-Up free.
D: Mini cod bites, 65g peas/65g sweetcorn. 2 scoops of Mint Halo-Top because it was my birthday!
I discovered yesterday I can get Breyers here :D No idea how much it will be lol.

I discovered yesterday I can get Breyers here :D No idea how much it will be lol.
Oo interesting. I've not tried Breyers yet. Halo Top is reduced again at the moment in Tesco which is why I have some again. Oppo is still my favourite though, mostly as it's lower carb than the others.

@Mark Parrott That Pizza looks great, thanks for posting that. I think I will definitely be having a go.

@SadhbhFiadh I miss Pasta a lot, so I'm testing reheated pasta to see if that has as much of an effect as freshly cooked stuff. Someone on here mentioned a study on the effects of reheated pasta on BG levels, and it sounded promising. I've tried a couple of times and had some promising results, so I'm going to keep trying it out.

Oo interesting. I've not tried Breyers yet. Halo Top is reduced again at the moment in Tesco which is why I have some again. Oppo is still my favourite though, mostly as it's lower carb than the others.

@Mark Parrott That Pizza looks great, thanks for posting that. I think I will definitely be having a go.

@SadhbhFiadh I miss Pasta a lot, so I'm testing reheated pasta to see if that has as much of an effect as freshly cooked stuff. Someone on here mentioned a study on the effects of reheated pasta on BG levels, and it sounded promising. I've tried a couple of times and had some promising results, so I'm going to keep trying it out.
I get soya bean spaghetti & love it, though some are not so keen. Just waiting for other shapes to become available.🙂

Soya pasta? I haven't seen that. At Morrisons (other shops similar) or a health food shop?
I originally saw it is Aldi, but it was a limited special thing & they don't have it anymore. Doing an online search, Asda are suppose to sell it but no sign of any in Morrison's or Tesco. It's also available from Holland & Barrett, but I haven't tried their brand yet. I bought several boxes from Aldi when I knew they weren't going to re-stock it.🙂

I originally saw it is Aldi, but it was a limited special thing & they don't have it anymore. Doing an online search, Asda are suppose to sell it but no sign of any in Morrison's or Tesco. It's also available from Holland & Barrett, but I haven't tried their brand yet. I bought several boxes from Aldi when I knew they weren't going to re-stock it.🙂

I got it from Aldi, sadly I only got one box to try it. It is bloody lovely!!

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal ham and philly sandwich and a nature valley peanut & choc protein bar
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - basa fillet, charlotte potatoes, fine green beans, a grilled VERY large flat mushroom lol and 2 squares 90%
After - coffee
forget to mention that I do actually drink at least 3 pints of water a day as well lol xx

Tea
B: Mushroom & asparagus omelette, milky coffe.
L: Corned beef & tomato butty on Allinsons seeded wholemeal, berries & mullerlight yogurt.
Small banana
T: 2 bits of southern fried chicken, 3 oven baked mushrooms & a few sweet potato chips. 2 glasses of red vino.
Tea during the day.

My Yesterdays
B –
ala Ditto with flaxseed, papaya and soya milk
I have found some soya milk here with a 0 carb content.
Mid Morning –
Tinned Caribbean tuna salad
L –
Factory lunch
Pork chop in soy, bamboo and cabbage, spinach, fried tofu with cabbage.
Mid Afternoon -
Nowt
D – Rump "Steak Amigo", Steamed broccoli and straw mushrooms.
Strawberries and whipped cream
2 sq 85%
Drinks -
About 2.5 litres of coffee.
Water with Lemon approx. 0.5l
Zero Espressos
Zero Alpro Almond
Zero Moser Roth of any kind

That's all folks

IMG_5121.jpg

Great, I have to go to H & B Saturday for some things. I will have a look. Thx

Tea
B: Mushroom & asparagus omelette, milky coffe.
L: Corned beef & tomato butty on Allinsons seeded wholemeal, berries & mullerlight yogurt.
Small banana
T: 2 bits of southern fried chicken, 3 oven baked mushrooms & a few sweet potato chips. 2 glasses of red vino.
Tea during the day.
The omelette sounds very nice Scouse, Will try that

So the macaroni meal was the same tonight, but cold meal. Meant to be reheated, but microwave broke again. John won't fix it until tomorrow, but cold was ok, actually. Anyway, the two hour BG was only 10 this time, and for a lark I did another 30 minutes after that and it was 8.5.
So for me, MACARONI is not a lifestyle. But maybe ok on my birthday.

It's nice to have a little flexibility now and then. 🙂

Monday 19/3
FBG (5.30am) - Not measured today

...............................4 mile walk
Breakfast (8am): Toast (one slice, sourdough & rye), hummus, avocado, tomatoes,
fried egg yolks (2) / Juice from one orange {306 Cal / 22.2g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Chestnut & celeriac soup {94 Cal / 10.7g Carbs}
Paella [prawn, squid, rabbit, chorizo] [leftovers] {307 Cal / 32.5g Carbs}
Kiwi, strawberries, yoghurt, hazelnuts {164 Cal / 14.1g Carbs}

.................................6 mile walk
Dinner (7pm): Wood pigeon stroganoff, celeriac mash, roast squash,
green beans, cauliflower {282 Cal / 31.4g Carbs}
Wine: Fitou (5oz) {125 Cal / 3.8g Carbs}
Dessert: Mango, vanilla ice cream, passion fruit {113 Cal / 16.8g Carbs}

Snack (9pm): Toast (one slice, seeded), milk {139 Cal / 14.8g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1653
Carbs 165.7g
Protein 79.7g
Fat 58.3g (Sat Fat 17.1g / Trans fat 0.6g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

B. 2 slices of wholemeal toast and peanut butter and coffee.
L. 3 fingers of Watermelon , Sparkling water
D. My pot luck stew.
Water throughout the day.

Today:

B- Cornflakes
2nd Breakfast at costa - wholemeal toast & hot chocolate
L- chicken & mushroom slice, salad. Kiwi fruit. Yoghurt.
S- Skips. 1x Homemade cookie.
D- pasta bolognese. Chocolate mousse with squirty cream. Piece of 85% dark chocolate.

Only one hypo today and cannot wait to go back to normal insulin requirements and start semi low carb-ing again.

Found this on Amazon while sniffing around at lunchtime. Anyone every tried it?
1.jpeg 2.jpeg 3.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back