What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tea
B: Berries & LF Greek yogurt, 2 poached eggs on a wholemeal muffin
L: Beef casserole, very small melon slices, mullerlight yogurt
A few pork scratchings
T: Local butcher's steak burger with fried onion & cheese on a wholemeal roll with a few skin on fries.
Tea & coffee during the day.

Thursday 15/2
FBG not measured today
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Toasted walnut bread (one slice),
peanut butter, avocado {340 Cal / 16.8g Carbs}
...............................6 mile walk
Breakfast 2 (8am): Toast (one slice, seeded), hummus, mushrooms, tomatoes /
Juice from one grapefruit {138 Cal / 17.7g Carbs}
Peach, raspberries, yoghurt, hazelnuts {125 Cal / 11.3g Carbs}

Snack (10am): Crepe with chestnut puree {98 Cal / 14.1g Carbs}
[snack in the market with coffee]

Lunch (12pm): Spare rib, prawn dumplings, king prawn & noodles,
sweet & sour pork, egg fried rice [Chinese tasting banquet] {455 Cal / 45.4g Carbs}

.............................4 mile walk

Dinner (6.30pm): Roast chicken, sweet potato wedges,
peas, corn on the cob {280 Cal / 25.0g Carbs}
Dessert: Mango, vanilla ice cream, passion fruit {113 Cal / 16.8g Carbs}

Snack (8.30pm): Toast, milk {212 Cal / 24.2g Carbs}

3 cups of coffee too

Calories 1824
Carbs 180.1g
Protein 94.0g
Fat 71.8g (Sat Fat 19.7g / Trans fat 1.0g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

Last edited:
My Yesterdays

B –
Okra water
Sicilian pork sausage, beans on a low carb muffin
Mid Morning –
Nowt
L –
3 KFC Chicken portions at HongQiao station on my way to Kunshan
Mid Afternoon –
Nowt
D –
Tuan Yuan Fan Chinese New Year Dinner at my friends family house in Kunshan
16 Dishes, a few glasses of red wine.
Will have to post photos later when they eventually upload to the iCloud which is moving like bitumen this morning.
Nothing uploading.
Mid Evening-
Nowt

Drinks -
About 2.0 litres of coffee.
Water with Lemon approx.1.0 litre.
Few Glasses of Bordeaux
Grean tea

Zero Espressos
Zero Alpro Almond
Zero Moser Roth of any kind AGAIN still in transit.

End for today.

At last the Photos of last nights New Years DInner and my friend and business partner's Children with MY hongbao. Some where in there is pig stomach, no idea which one.
Again another case of blissful ignorance.
Zhang is a millionaire from very humble beginnings, with 5 apartments in this complex, 1 for eating,1 for sleeping, 1 for living and 1 each for his parents and his in laws. That is he only luxury he allows himself lol.

IMG_4830.jpg IMG_4829.jpg IMG_4837.jpg IMG_4836.jpg IMG_4834.jpg IMG_4835.jpg IMG_4832.jpg IMG_4831.jpg IMG_4839.jpg IMG_4838.jpg

Last edited:
B: Mackerel in tomato sauce on low carb muffin
L: Ham & mustard mayo
D: Fillet steak, 2 onion rings, peas, mushrooms & chips
Pud: Pancake with cherry pie filling & ice cream.
Was at Bruv's as usual. He nuked the steak! Fried it for 20 minutes! I'm not a rare steak person, but this really was ruined.:(

[QUOTE="Mark Parrott, post: 795166, member: 14673"
Was at Bruv's as usual. He nuked the steak! Fried it for 20 minutes! I'm not a rare steak person, but this really was ruined.:([/QUOTE]
I like mine still Mooing. It is very difficult to cook good rare steak but I am getting there.

I'm with Mark, I don't like it still pink or anything but wow 20 minutes 😱 x

I really was as tough as old boots. For some reason, he believes the longer meat is cooked, the more tender it is. Didn't let it rest long enough either.

20 minutes is a cremation lol

20 minutes is way, way too long!

Those pictures look great Vince, looks like you all had a great time.

Yesterday:
B: 50g Dorset Honey Granola and semi-skimmed milk
L: An assortment of stuff from my cupboards - 4 mini chicken satay sticks, packet of onion rings, berry Skyr yoghurt, peanut and chocolate Nature Valley bar, Salted Caramel Fibre bar thing, marmite cheese
D: 3 Finnebrogue Naked cumberland sausages, fried egg and fried bread. 2 scoops of Oppo.

20 minutes is way, way too long!

Those pictures look great Vince, looks like you all had a great time.

Yesterday:
B: 50g Dorset Honey Granola and semi-skimmed milk
L: An assortment of stuff from my cupboards - 4 mini chicken satay sticks, packet of onion rings, berry Skyr yoghurt, peanut and chocolate Nature Valley bar, Salted Caramel Fibre bar thing, marmite cheese
D: 3 Finnebrogue Naked cumberland sausages, fried egg and fried bread. 2 scoops of Oppo.
I thought so @Beck S not sure if my BG thought the same lol. Notice no Oppo though, so jealous, or Cumberland sausage naked or dressed and no fried bread. So Jealous.

I thought so @Beck S not sure if my BG thought the same lol. Notice no Oppo though, so jealous, or Cumberland sausage naked or dressed and no fried bread. So Jealous.
We'd got the sausages when we went shopping Tuesday - they were new and the carb content was nice and low. Hadn't thought about what would go with them and it was originally just going to be veg, but housemate declared she wanted egg and fried bread. I was not about to argue!!

I like some of the basic chinese dishes, the more chicken and sauce type things, but that'a about it. I don't know how I'd fare with actual food in China!

We'd got the sausages when we went shopping Tuesday - they were new and the carb content was nice and low. Hadn't thought about what would go with them and it was originally just going to be veg, but housemate declared she wanted egg and fried bread. I was not about to argue!!

I like some of the basic chinese dishes, the more chicken and sauce type things, but that'a about it. I don't know how I'd fare with actual food in China!
You'd love it Beck S but no Oppo

20 minutes is a cremation lol
I generally prefer steak dragged through a warm kitchen (though with the fat properly rendered first).
However, I did once have a go at the Heston Blumenthal steak recipe which involved blowtorching the outside, then cooking at 50C (from memory, though won't be far away) for 24 hours. It did make a super steak, though I wasn't convinced it was better than normal. It wasn't however a lot of bother, just took a long time.

Today
B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, knob of butter and a coffee
mid-morning - coffee
D - wholemeal smoked Bavarian ham and cucumber sandwich and a bar MR 85%
mid-afternoon - coffee
T - thin cut beef steak, charlotte potatoes, roast sprouts, onion gravy and a square Lindt 90%
After t - coffee x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back