What are you reading?

Looks like we’ve lost the original thread so I’ve started a new one.

I’m assuming, like me, you fellow bookworms got lots of books from Santa. I had a list which I distributed to the family and got all but one, plus some I didn’t ask for. One of them was the new Strike book. The Running Grave. It is over 900 pages long and weighs a ton! I’ve read most of the other ones I received but wanted to be able to give Strike my full attention, remember the Ink Black Heart! 😱 Yesterday, my daughter finished work to go on maternity leave so I’ve no more regular child care for 10 months. I’m hoping it won’t take that long!

I’m going in….wish me luck! 😉
'Bloody Minded': the autobiography of the professional cyclist Alex Dowsett, who's the only elite sportsperson with haemophilia.

I love Agatha Christie! Reading her books as a teenager was one of the things that led me to become a Psychologist. I still remember the jolt that the ending to 'Roger Ackroyd' gave me 😱.
Oh yes, that’s a good one.

Looks like we’ve lost the original thread so I’ve started a new one.

I’m assuming, like me, you fellow bookworms got lots of books from Santa. I had a list which I distributed to the family and got all but one, plus some I didn’t ask for. One of them was the new Strike book. The Running Grave. It is over 900 pages long and weighs a ton! I’ve read most of the other ones I received but wanted to be able to give Strike my full attention, remember the Ink Black Heart! 😱 Yesterday, my daughter finished work to go on maternity leave so I’ve no more regular child care for 10 months. I’m hoping it won’t take that long!

I’m going in….wish me luck! 😉

Oh yes, that’s a good one.
It's like watching 'The Mousetrap': don't spoil the ending 😱

I´m about to finish 'Inkheart' tonight, and I have already started two other books: 'House of Earth and Blood' and 'The colour of magic' (that one I read many years ago, but in a different language, does it count like another book? 😉 ). Plus today we got the book for next month Book Club, 'Interview with the vampire'.

What happened to me, I used to be a one book at a time type of girl and now I am becoming a book player... :rofl:

I´m about to finish 'Inkheart' tonight, and I have already started two other books: 'House of Earth and Blood' and 'The colour of magic' (that one I read many years ago, but in a different language, does it count like another book? 😉 ). Plus today we got the book for next month Book Club, 'Interview with the vampire'.

What happened to me, I used to be a one book at a time type of girl and now I am becoming a book player... :rofl:
Did you enjoy Inkheart? I did, but the next one The Running Grave is even better.
I’m a one book at a time woman, once over I had to leave a day between books but now I can start another one straight after finishing my previous read. You never know I may become a two book woman one of these days. 😉

Buried in books currently!

How they broke Britain: James O'Brien (absolutely fascinating read)
The Accomplice: Joseph Kanon
Leaving Berlin: Joseph Kanon
The Just: Jan Brokken

Did you enjoy Inkheart? I did, but the next one The Running Grave is even better.
I’m a one book at a time woman, once over I had to leave a day between books but now I can start another one straight after finishing my previous read. You never know I may become a two book woman one of these days. 😉
@Elenka_HM I’m a numpty I read Inkblack Heart, a totally different book! 😳

@Elenka_HM I’m a numpty I read Inkblack Heart, a totally different book! 😳
Oh, I was about to say, we are talking about different Inkhearts because mine's sequel is called Inkspell! 😱

Oh well, having more than one book sounds fun and exciting until you get overwhelmed and don't want to read either of them. So maybe I come back to tradition :D

Oh well, having more than one book sounds fun and exciting until you get overwhelmed and don't want to read either of them. So maybe I come back to tradition :D
I find that I flit from one book to another on my Kindle: perhaps my attention span's decreasing 🙄.

Still rereading all my Robert Westalls. Fabulous, spooky for the most part. Meant for youngsters but I was always young at heart and now I'm in my second childhood so... nearly finished rereading City Lights by Keith Waterhouse. So many brilliant authors so little time. I'll not get through them all I know but I'm gonna have a darn good try. The Monica Dickens alone will take me ages. I've given all my Stephen Kings away to the free bookshop and I'm going to buy large prints. So much easier to read.

I won't be rereading the SK Gunslinger series again. Excellent, but took me years first time around, he sometimes goes on a bit. :D

I've just finished Truth Truth Lie by Claire McGowan, it was a bit like And Then There Were None, Agatha Christie, in parts. Very good.

Last night i started Every Move You Make, CL Taylor. Its hooked me in straight away, i don't want to put it down but needs must.

Fiished The Cove, not read a L.J. Ross book I have not enjoyed.
Now reading Trapped by Camilla Lackenberg ,and Henrik Fexeus.

I started on my 70th book of the year last night. The Night Gate by Peter May, this is an Enzo Macleod one set in France. As I’ve been on holiday this last week I only got one book read. Before I retired I went on holiday to relax and could sometimes read 6/8 books in two weeks. Now I don’t need to relax and I have active holidays and end up falling asleep after a few pages! Now I’m home I’ll pick up the pace. 😉

I started on my 70th book of the year last night
Do you know, i've never counted how many books i read in a year! I'm always reading. From New Years Day i might start counting how many i get through in the year. It will be interesting.

Do you know, i've never counted how many books i read in a year! I'm always reading. From New Years Day i might start counting how many i get through in the year. It will be interesting.
I started when I retired, just out of curiosity at first. Then I decided I’d try and read 100 a year but although I’ve been close I’ve never done it yet! I don’t think this year is my year either. I read every single day even if it’s just five minutes in bed after a busy day.

Back