What are you reading?

Finished "Dead Memories" by Angela Marsons - as usual a good read. Am now reading Angel Maker by Morgan Green - Scandi crime fiction. Am only 15% into it, but already gripped.
When I checked on my Kindle device manager I actually had read Angel Maker earlier in the year and enjoyed it.

Mrs Dalloway is a favourite of mine and is read annually, along with Jude The Obscure.

I recently finished Still Life by Sarah Winman. An excellent book which is set in London and Florence. starting towards the end of the Second World War it follows the life’s of two main characters. I was so pleased that I had lots of time to read it, and enjoyed reading it slowly.

Then went on to The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne (who wrote The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas). A fat book but well worth reading.

What next?

Only read non-fiction really. Get through about a book a fortnight on my commute.
Currently 10% through "How to read a tree" by Tristan Gooley. Previous book was "The Farmers wife" by Helen Rebanks.

After being under the weather for a couple of days where I never picked my book up, that’s when my family know I really am unwell, I’m now reading It Ends at Midnight, Harriet Tyce. Sort of a physiological thriller. I’m really enjoying it, a real page turner. I think I might have sussed it but you never know, lots of twists and turns. I’ve read one of hers before, Blood Orange, and enjoyed that too.

I recently finished Still Life by Sarah Winman. An excellent book which is set in London and Florence. starting towards the end of the Second World War it follows the life’s of two main characters. I was so pleased that I had lots of time to read it, and enjoyed reading it slowly.

Then went on to The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne (who wrote The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas). A fat book but well worth reading.

What next?
I have put those both on my wishlist Sue. Meantime I have bought the Phoenix Ballroom by Ruth Hogan and The Humans by Matt Haig this morning - both 99p. They both came up on the "Kindle daily deal" email that I get every day. They look quirky and different.

Hope you feel better soon @eggyg.

I've started A Natural Curiosity by Margaret Drabble, the next in the Radiant Way trilogy. It's comfort reading. I'm just rereading all my old favourites, unless something in large print catches my eye. 🙂 I recently read Sheila Hancock's two biographies. She's a feisty one. Wish I had her energy. 🙂

Now finished City of Sinners, enjoyed it.
Now started The Silkworm by Robert Galbairth.
Just finished The silkworm, bit of a slog to read.
Now started The Guilty Girl by Patricia Gibney, an Irish Police Detective, I have enjoyed all the previous books in the sreies.

Just finished The silkworm, bit of a slog to read.
Wait until you get to her latest ones! Even longer but I think they get better, Ink Black Heart was a struggle to read because of the “texting” element, but I believe it’s easier on a Kindle. Her last one, The Running Grave was excellent.

I’m reading quite an old book I picked up in a charity shop, by old I mean 20 years. The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill. Only started it last night but so far so good, I can usually tell within a few chapters if I’m going go like a book.

Wait until you get to her latest ones! Even longer but I think they get better, Ink Black Heart was a struggle to read because of the “texting” element, but I believe it’s easier on a Kindle. Her last one, The Running Grave was excellent.

I’m reading quite an old book I picked up in a charity shop, by old I mean 20 years. The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill. Only started it last night but so far so good, I can usually tell within a few chapters if I’m going go like a book.
I doubt I will read any more of hers. There are few authors I have given up on after reading ones that weren't as good, Ian Rankin , Jo Nesbro, and Kathy Reichs, to name a few.

If anyone likes a thriller, mixed with Greek Mythology, The Maidens by Alex Michaelides, is a good read.

Well I finished Guilty Girl last night, really liked it. About to start The Sixth Window by Rachel Abbott.

I finished the Radiant Way trilogy by Margaret Drabble and I've just started rereading Nicholas Meyer's 'The Homing Pigeon.' There's a reason I kept all these books, it's coz they are a fab read. 🙂 Back in the day every spare minute was spent reading. I read all through our earthquake and just shouted at the cat to stop messing about. :D Now I just read an hour before bed. No attention span and if it's a big cast I don't know who anybody is, but I read on regardless. Saylavee.

Just wondered if anyone has read The Bee Sting by Paul Murray? If so, any thoughts or comments would be appreciated please

Back