Virtual Meetup - second Sunday of the month

Status
Not open for further replies.
, but everyone now knows Zoom.
There's a very irritating trailer on BBC that ends "Everyone's talking about Eastenders." Cue shouts of "No they are NOT!"

Most people may know Zoom, but not all. I have never used it.

In the context of the kinds of people likely to be interviewed on This Week in Virology (mostly academics), everyone knows Zoom! I completely agree that out in the rest of the world not everyone does.
Mea culpa, I did not appreciate you meant it purely in that context!

We have had a couple of successful virtual meetups over the summer, and there seems to be appetite for more opportunities to gather ‘virtually’ for a bit of a chat and catchup via video ‘Zoom‘ meeting.

So I am suggesting we start to hold these regularly on the second Sunday of the month for a while, and see how it goes - until we are able to restart occasional face-to-face meetups.

The next one will be 3pm on Sunday 13th September.

These meetings will use the same meeting ID and password, so if you were part of the August meetup, you should be able to use the same details.

You would be very welcome to join us for 40 minutes or so.

Please let me know in a comment below if you’d like to join the meeting and I will send login details via Direct Message.
How does zoom work. Do I need to download anything

@Donnawatson

Yes. There are zoom apps for smartphones, or PC/Mac.

I am not sure if you are able to only use a web browser alone?

Looking forward to a chat and catch-up next Sunday at 3pm 🙂

I may or may not be there if things work out like hoped I may be working but if not I'll be there.

Well, then in the nicest possible way... I guess I hope you can’t make it! :rofl:

Im not working Sunday so i will be there

Looking forward to being there Mike

Lovely!

Thanks for a great chat again today folks. Lovely to have a bit of break-out-room action to allow more conversations at once.

Looking forward to the next one 🙂

Last edited:
That was such a good get together Mike, and the breakout rooms worked very well.
Thanks for setting it up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back