Very unsure about this 5th Covid Vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only you can decide.
As far as I know, there is no reason why the jab should be any better/worse than previous ones.
In my experience, diabetes has not made a difference to the reaction to the vaccine - my non-diabetic partner had far worse reaction to the jabs than I did.
I have heard that different people react differently to the different vaccines. It may have been that you had the Astra Zeneca for the first 3 jabs and then Moderna for the 4th.
My understanding (although I am definitely not a virologist) is that the immunity from a covid virus (including a common cold) does not last long which is why we get further boosters. I would not expect to still have much immunity left from a Covid vaccine given a year ago.
There has been a lot of press coverage about the latest prevalent variant. Any illness makes diabetes harder to manage so I too have my jab booked for start of October.
Agree with you @helli last I saw (again not a expert) materials were saying the vaccine does not give a long term boost and obviously the new variants are a worry same as flu variants are a worry each year, also saw that it does not prevent but helps make it milder. I am going for the two if offered.

I booked my vaccine anyway so thats that. Lol.

Hope you don’t get much fallout from it. I’ve hardly had anything to speak of after vaccines and boosters. And not much of a wobble in my BGs.

I didn't get invited for the spring booster , so doubt I'll get invited for the autumn one .
May bring it up with my dsn when I have my annual check in 2 weeks time
You possibly weren't eligible. (I wasn't.) But this one is for everyone (6 months and over) with any kind of diabetes (among other categories of people). It's still possible they won't ask you (seems to vary a bit by region) but you can have it if you want.

For England,

Had my flu jab last week at Boots but have heard nothing from our Surgery about a Covid booster and there's no info on their website. Might just use the URL and book myself in somewhere.

My sister was hospitalised with covid and has never fully recovered. She's convinced that she only survived because she'd had all her covid jabs. She's having this one on 3rd October, same time as her flu jab.

I am having my Covid one on the Monday and my Flu on the Saturday. The flu was booked weeks ago, the Covid just last week. I was not eligible for spring booster as I was just under the cut off age.

Yes, I'm rather hoping I can have both at the same time. I've received an invitation for the flu vaccine so I suspect I may end up getting that one on its own which would be a bit annoying.

Rather just make one journey myself must admit. Last time nurse put flu jab in one arm covid vaccine in other.

Both of us had both of ours last Saturday. Pfizer. Not a side effect between us, much the same as every single other Covid or normal flu jab either of us has ever had.

Didn't get an invite , but booked it online at my local pharmacy for 1st October.
Were you able to get an appointment at the pharmacy for the covid jab?
I had understood this was only an option for the flu jab.

But, if you can book an appointment at a pharmacy for the covid jab, that would be brilliant - my parents are unable to make their appointment for covid jab as they are currently unwell and now panicking because the surgery has no gaps in the future for it.

BTW I did not get an invite for the spring booster but I have an invite for the autumn one. I think the lists are different.

But, if you can book an appointment at a pharmacy for the covid jab, that would be brilliant - my parents are unable to make their appointment for covid jab as they are currently unwell and now panicking because the surgery has no gaps in the future for it.

BTW I did not get an invite for the spring booster but I have an invite for the autumn one. I think the lists are different.
If you look at the 'Find a Covid vaccination centre' section of the NHS booking website, certainly in our area most of the places on the list for walk-in clinics are pharmacies. Whether you can book an actual slot at the pharmacies, as opposed to just turning up, I’m not sure, because I didn’t get as far as the 'Book an appointment ' route, as our surgery suddenly announced they are doing clinics.

Both of us had both of ours last Saturday. Pfizer. Not a side effect between us, much the same as every single other Covid or normal flu jab either of us has

Yes all the places doing them in my area are local pharmacies, I booked it through the NHS website.

I was bed ridden for two weeks with low oxygen levels. It took over a month for my voice to come back to normal having sounded like it had been marinated in cheap whiskey and Capstan Full Strength and a further two months for my oxygen levels to return to normal. But there were other effects. Post Covid rashes (red spots some of which turn pusy) cleared in a few weeks but I have had hearing and foot problems since. The hearing problem is now being picked up after endless drops and micro-suction. I have ncountered one other person who has been totally deaf in one ear since. Within two months I had my first referral for ulcers/macerated wounds on two toes. I am now on my fourth referral. The thoughts are it was either kicked off by Covid Toe or micro-clots related to Covid. I am terrified this may lead to further amputation!

So, yes I will have the autumn booster. My first three shots were all Pfizer. The first caused a sore arm that I hardly noticed as I broke three ribs earlier that day. The second made me very tired and I slept on and off for 24 hours. The third no side effect whatsoever. Oh, and I caught Covid after my third shot had been postponed because of a shortage of vaccine that I never heard mention in the news.

I had mine done flu and covid never had any major problems with jabs just a sore arm.I had both done at the same time first for me no diffence having done separately.

I had mine (plus flu jab) last Thursday. No noticeable reaction and feel fine.

I'm definitely getting mine; been offered the FLU/COVID vaccine by my local GP surgery. COVID is still, very much a thing, whilst not in the news these days; I managed to get it back in early September during the final days of my Summer Holiday to Benidorm, knocked me out for 2 days flat and I'm hearing a lot of people around here are falling foul of it!! My last jabs were September 2022 (also FLU/COVID combined) no problems/reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back