Top 10 Foods That Can't Be Called HEALTHY ANYMORE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always struck by how it's the same voice over on You Tube ads starting 'Here is the one thing you should do/eat/reject if you want to crack x/y/z'....and said in the same tone of voice.

Would cyber security really be enhanced from a clip on YouTube?
I’m sure you realised, in the context of this conversation, I meant scammed with health information for the financial benefit of the creator, rather than personally having your own money taken and are simply being facetious here

I’m sure you realised, in the context of this conversation, I meant scammed with health information for the financial benefit of the creator, rather than personally having your own money taken and are simply being facetious here

Click to view is the biggest scam out there.
Cyber security is way more than banking.
Facebook targets you, twitter targets you, there is no social media that doesn't track you using AI, including YouTube.

Click to view is the biggest scam out there.
Cyber security is way more than banking.
Facebook targets you, twitter targets you, there is no social media that doesn't track you using AI, including YouTube.
Again. Not the point I was making. The false or inaccurate health/diabetes information is the scam I referred to in my original comment and what I was suggesting should be verified, with the money being the motivation. Not the broader cyber security and the tracking you are trying to suggest, which are real but different issues.

Perhaps it would be clearer to you phrased as “I use online sources as a starting point for seeking further evidenced based information, not as a bible for health advice. The ability to assess and discern opinion from varying types of evidence is required to avoid being medically conned to another’s financial benefit”

Again. Not the point I was making. The false or inaccurate health/diabetes information is the scam I referred to in my original comment and what I was suggesting should be verified, with the money being the motivation. Not the broader cyber security and the tracking you are trying to suggest, which are real but different issues.

Perhaps it would be clearer to you phrased as “I use online sources as a starting point for seeking further evidenced based information, not as a bible for health advice. The ability to assess and discern opinion from varying types of evidence is required to avoid being medically conned to another’s financial benefit”
Isn't that were we came in.
Click bait to finance the YouTube grafters?

Isn't that were we came in.
Click bait to finance the YouTube grafters?
Not really. It was about treating all internet sources of diabetes informations as worthless stress inducers - or not, and being more discerning and getting the value from the good sources. Somewhat ironic on an online source of diabetes information.

That rules out the bacon sandwich I had this morning, on both the bacon and the bread roll.
It rules out most of the sausages I eat from supermarkets, it definitely rules out the pizza I had yesterday.
Probably the beer and crisps as well.
With respect, many people who are sticking to a low carb diet would only be eating the bacon from your list. Decent butcher's bacon that is, not the supermarket processed, packaged varieties.

Why do every time I watch this guy and Dr. Berg, do I feel I'm not doing enough?

Just watched the video. I don't like the 'subscribe' / 'click' prompts.
But I do like what he says. In fact I could have attached it to my 'Breakfast cereal' thread, to make help people aware that breakfast cereals are not necessarily the healthy option that TV adverts portray.

The FDA is basically a government body (who incidentally have an appalling recent record regarding public health). They have a fine line to tread by giving a little lip-service to health improvement while appeasing their corporate sponsors, including the corn-syrup lobby for example. They have gone some way to informing us about what is healthy or not, but nowhere near enough. Because there are too many vested interests within hugely powerful food manufacturing and process industries.

I suspect that 60 years from now we'll be looking back and wondering how on earth we ate such rubbish.
It reminds me of the tobacco 'wars' where it took about 50 years for the authorities to actually admit publicly that tobacco caused serious problems - because the tobacco companies fought tooth and nail to preserve their income.

Not really. It was about treating all internet sources of diabetes informations as worthless stress inducers - or not, and being more discerning and getting the value from the good sources. Somewhat ironic on an online source of diabetes information.

Diabetes aside you have to accept that there's some dodgy theories put out there on likes of YouTube, such like all drs are in pockets of Big Pharma, statins are devils spawn, cereal is to blame for obesity crisis blah blah blah, although it's all rubbish some gullible people actually believe it to be all true.

With respect, many people who are sticking to a low carb diet would only be eating the bacon from your list. Decent butcher's bacon that is, not the supermarket processed, packaged varieties.

I know my local ""butchers" bacon comes in the refrigerated wagon with the rest of the meat.
As to saying you can't eat sausages on a low carb diet, or shop at Tesco's many may disagree.

Diabetes aside you have to accept that there's some dodgy theories put out there on likes of YouTube, such like all drs are in pockets of Big Pharma, statins are devils spawn, cereal is to blame for obesity crisis blah blah blah, although it's all rubbish some gullible people actually believe it to be all true.
So presumably you believe that the medical establishment does not operate at the behest of corporate pharma, or that Statins are the wonder drug to end all ills, or that highly processed cereal crops do not cause, and have not, caused massive problems.

IMO there is some very honest, worthy content on You Tube. For example, videos from Aseem Malhotra or Malcolm Kendrick or Suneel Dhand or Jason Fung or Ivor Cummins or Sarah Hallberg or John Campbell.

Yes, there is lots of drivel and click-related rubbish on You Tube.
But, it's like watching TV. 99% drives me to go and read a book until the rugby comes on! See, it's all very subjective.

I know my local ""butchers" bacon comes in the refrigerated wagon with the rest of the meat.
As to saying you can't eat sausages on a low carb diet, or shop at Tesco's many may disagree.
Perhaps you're going to the wrong butcher.
Of course you can each sausage on a low carb diet. I do. Decent ones. Fresh, high meat content, unprocessed ones.
And Tesco have many superb products, Asda too, where we tend to go for convenience.

With respect, you're obviously doing something that is right for you as you lost your weight and reversed your T2, so good on you. I (and others) believe that because of the increase in sugary processed foods our kids / grandkids generations are heading for metabolic trouble.

Tesco Finest Pork Sausages

Highly processed it seems.
They even have bamboo in, and I'm not a panda.

INGREDIENTS: Pork (90%), Water, Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Salt, Acidity Regulator (Calcium Lactate), White Pepper, Sage, Stabilisers (Tetrasodium Diphosphate, Disodium Diphosphate), Coriander, Preservative (Sodium Metabisulphite), Nutmeg, Dextrose, Bamboo Fibre, Caramelised Sugar Syrup, Colour (Paprika Extract).

Filled into alginate casings

Some days you have to decide whether the crack pots are YouTube are actually worth listening to or not.

Actually I’m not such a black and white thinker to write these particular theories off as entirely rubbish. Like most things there’s often no smoke without fire and there is some truth to the claims, particularly if you look deeper than the click bait headlines you are quoting.

Total belief in the party line is just as naive as total denial. How many times have the health advisors been wrong in history and done a slow but total about face in the light of new knowledge? How many times have we discovered earlier beliefs to be mistaken? Way too many to just dismiss any change of the status quo out of hand without considering if it’s tin foil hats or greater understanding- and it’s not always so obvious which is which In the early years

Some days you have to decide whether the crack pots are YouTube are actually worth listening to or not.
A number of scientists etc have been making valiant efforts to try to win bask some of the YouTube & other SM space from the woo merchants. Gil Cavalhao is a stand-out for me: https://www.youtube.com/@NutritionMadeSimple

A great resource for anybody who likes vids & who wants to check what the mainstream position is on social media dietary/health talking points.

Here's one from the other day looking at Sten Ekberg's stuff:

And a year ago on Erik Berg:

Tesco Finest Pork Sausages

Highly processed it seems.
They even have bamboo in, and I'm not a panda.

INGREDIENTS: Pork (90%), Water, Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Salt, Acidity Regulator (Calcium Lactate), White Pepper, Sage, Stabilisers (Tetrasodium Diphosphate, Disodium Diphosphate), Coriander, Preservative (Sodium Metabisulphite), Nutmeg, Dextrose, Bamboo Fibre, Caramelised Sugar Syrup, Colour (Paprika Extract).

Filled into alginate casings

🙂 Appetizing eh?
If you took the Pork (90%) off the front of that list and presented it to someone, they would say, 'what the ...... is that supposed to be?'
Mind you, some products include mashed up insects these days, so nothing should surprise us.

A number of scientists etc have been making valiant efforts to try to win bask some of the YouTube & other SM space from the woo merchants. Gil Cavalhao is a stand-out for me: https://www.youtube.com/@NutritionMadeSimple

A great resource for anybody who likes vids & who wants to check what the mainstream position is on social media dietary/health talking points.

Here's one from the other day looking at Sten Ekberg's stuff:

And a year ago on Erik Berg:
Trouble is of course that Carvalhao has very strong links to the WFPB movement so is he likely to be any less biased than anyone else?
He 'believes' he can find science that supports his view like many in the WFPB sphere yet when closely examined many prove to be just as false as others.

My personal belief is the field of human nutrition is so poorly studied that any "findings" from studies (usually of very short duration) can be dismissed out of hand with their "links, maybes and associations".

When anyone can base a finding on the question "how many times a year do you eat 2 slices of tomato" without specifying the size or type of tomato (and yes that's a genuine question from the Harvard Food Frequency Questionnaire)
probably only asked in one survey and then extrapolated for 20 years or so I have to have serious doubts about any conclusions.

So presumably you believe that the medical establishment does not operate at the behest of corporate pharma, or that Statins are the wonder drug to end all ills, or that highly processed cereal crops do not cause, and have not, caused massive problems.

Not forgetting those toxic seed oils also mate.

It's all complete & utter rubbish designed to scare people whilst selling vids books or whatever else these peeps promote.

Butchers shops are like hens teeth, very few around now.

Had bacon & egg butties for lunch yesterday, we mainly just get our bacon from Aldi, might be full of crap but don't eat it everyday so not bothered about scare stories about it.

Not forgetting those toxic seed oils also mate.

It's all complete & utter rubbish designed to scare people whilst selling vids books or whatever else these peeps promote.
Which “experts” and food based guidance do you believe in? What should we eat, or avoid In your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back