The Pumpers Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all!

Gosh- more hypos. Im staring at the facts as you state them Bev, I cannot fathom the hypo only to suggest that meal may have had a slower profile than what you anticipated. I dont eat fish so Im afraid its something I know nothing about. But looks like the insulin worked too fast for the profile. Feeling your frustration Bev. I wouldnt like to comment on his basal increment because its a different kettle of fish for us bigguns'...that small amount wouldnt affect me but in someone much smaller, you definately know best. Hope things improve tomorrow. A new day...

May I ask you ladies were you 3am testing when your boys were on MDI? I expect you must have been but I mean as religiously as you are now when pumping? I hear everything you are saying about how the boys will cope when they go to university, diabetes must cause you so much concern with all that you and your families have gone through. It reminds me that we have come at this from completely different directions, despite having a lot in common. I was wondering if you will need to frequently 3am test because of other factors like changing hormones etc for a long while yet, or is this something you are need to maintain at the present time? I hope you dont mind my probing about this, I feel so much concern as if I know your boys! Sigh..... Perhaps I can nominate myself as surogate "diabetic auntie lou" on standby if they uni in London and need assistance?! I am a fully fledged good auntie and when my 2 year old neice can say something other than "ballbag", Im sure she will give me a glowing recommendation 😉

I have gone and stuffed myself silly with carbs followed by chocolate (heaven to betsy), but also with insulin. Gonna pay for that later no doubt..... xx

But after a good mid morning reading he forgot to bolus for lunch and came home with a 'hi' reading! 😱 He bolused then and was back to normal by tea time! Phew! Rarely does he forget to bolus so i have not made a fuss. At least we had a reason for the 'hi' and that is the main thing.

Hey hun, believe it or not that last post took me 2 hours to write so missed yours (I am completely distracted by the program "Wounded" on BBC1- war wounded from Afghanistan, extremely captivating and humbling).

Just wanted to say, and I am sure you know- but there is a "Missed bolus" alarm you can set on the Veo. Might be worth a trial if you are not using it already? I use it at lunch and set it between 13.30 and 14.30, purely because that is the one that I will get distracted from usually at work. Its caught me a couple of times, very good and Ive left it on. I also eat very late in the evening so if i forget, I is in trouble.....think its under alarms in the main menu.

Really great too to hear that set changes are going well, upward spiral hey?! Fan-bloody-tastic! I am happy.

Hope you well, Mand. Lots of love x

Hi there,

gosh just reading of your struggles re basal or bolus makes me wonder if we will ever get it right? so difficult, so many variables.

I tried a temp basal of 140% to cover my breakfast spike, but still went up to 15 and was still rising after 3 hours when im usually going back down, dont understand. Consequently was around 12ish all afternoon and i thought i may drop after the basal but no, 8.8 at teatime around 4ish.

Am feeling so confused with it now, suppose will just have to see what happens tomorrow. My other thought was that i am premenstrual and have heard of some people having to increase ratios etc by rather a lot at this time, but i havent noticed a huge difference on mdi to be honest.

so have decided i may do higher temp basal with breakfast tomorrow to see if this helps.?

Hi there,

gosh just reading of your struggles re basal or bolus makes me wonder if we will ever get it right? so difficult, so many variables.

I tried a temp basal of 140% to cover my breakfast spike, but still went up to 15 and was still rising after 3 hours when im usually going back down, dont understand. Consequently was around 12ish all afternoon and i thought i may drop after the basal but no, 8.8 at teatime around 4ish.

Am feeling so confused with it now, suppose will just have to see what happens tomorrow. My other thought was that i am premenstrual and have heard of some people having to increase ratios etc by rather a lot at this time, but i havent noticed a huge difference on mdi to be honest.

so have decided i may do higher temp basal with breakfast tomorrow to see if this helps.?

Rather than do a temp, why not stick a new basal in. If you do that, you can take it out again. If you want to then tell me what time you are getting up roughly, what time you will be eating breakfast and remind me what basal you are on at the moment and lets see what we can do. If it makes a slight difference then you can increase it the next day and so on. This is the only way to tweak basals, tiny bits at a time.

Rather than do a temp, why not stick a new basal in. If you do that, you can take it out again. If you want to then tell me what time you are getting up roughly, what time you will be eating breakfast and remind me what basal you are on at the moment and lets see what we can do. If it makes a slight difference then you can increase it the next day and so on. This is the only way to tweak basals, tiny bits at a time.

thanks Adrienne!

I am on 0.4 p/hour apart from 0.5 p/h from from 4 am until 9am to deal with rise from 4 am ish.

Tomorrow i will be eating breakfast around 7.15, day off but hospital appointment.

On a work day shift i eat breakfast around 6.45/7

On day off or late shift i can eat anything ffrom 9 until 10.30

sorry just a quickie Bev- how did you get around the spibelt delivery charge? I thought I must be doing it wrong but it came out again at $58! for one that is!

cheers xx

sorry just a quickie Bev- how did you get around the spibelt delivery charge? I thought I must be doing it wrong but it came out again at $58! for one that is!

cheers xx

We have a code, give me a minute and I'll find it for you. x

cheers xx

is the free shipping offer still on?

Just retrieved this from CWD UK:

Try code SHIP09 to get free postage
Try code PUMP for a discount
Try code US15 for 15%off!

Adrienne - LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou, just use the code - i think its 'SHIP09' - it says it at the top of the front page i think? I will go and check. Bev

Yes - it says at the top on the right hand side - SHIP09 for free shipping!x

Hi there,

Hi Tracey

Was it the same breakfast you normally have and also the same amount of carb?

Hi Tracey

Was it the same breakfast you normally have and also the same amount of carb?

yes, toast and boiled eggs, i will of course stick to the same till i get somewhere on this, thanks 🙂

is the free shipping offer still on?

Just retrieved this from CWD UK:

Try code SHIP09 to get free postage
Try code PUMP for a discount
Try code US15 for 15%off!

Hi Becca, we didnt get a discount - did you? We just didnt pay for shipping. Bev x

thanks Adrienne!

I am on 0.4 p/hour apart from 0.5 p/h from from 4 am until 9am to deal with rise from 4 am ish.

Tomorrow i will be eating breakfast around 7.15, day off but hospital appointment.

On a work day shift i eat breakfast around 6.45/7

On day off or late shift i can eat anything ffrom 9 until 10.30

Hi

Ok these are my thoughts then for tomorrow firstly :

Add in a 0600 basal of 0.60
Bolus and eat at 7.15
Test at 9.15 and see what the spike is (if any)

However you need to go back to the other basal for the rest of the day so I think you should add in another basal at 0900 back down to 0.40

So that's two basals one at 0600 of 0.60 and one at 0900 of 0.40

What do you think? Would you rather do 0.55 instead of 0.60, up to you, I don't know how insulin sensitive or resistant you are.

If you are doing a work day shift the next day it depends on how tomorrow works out.

What do you others think of that?

Hi Bev

We didn't pay for shipping but i know that someone was able to use another code as well - i didn't have that one when i ordered 🙂

Adrienne - LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha ha you beat me too it.

We got the free shipping and the 15% off, try both, it works out better than the discount. You can't have 15% and the discount, I tried !!

Hi

Ok these are my thoughts then for tomorrow firstly :

Add in a 0600 basal of 0.60
Bolus and eat at 7.15
Test at 9.15 and see what the spike is (if any)

However you need to go back to the other basal for the rest of the day so I think you should add in another basal at 0900 back down to 0.40

So that's two basals one at 0600 of 0.60 and one at 0900 of 0.40

What do you think? Would you rather do 0.55 instead of 0.60, up to you, I don't know how insulin sensitive or resistant you are.

If you are doing a work day shift the next day it depends on how tomorrow works out.

What do you others think of that?

thanks so much, i will put them in now. I will have to stick to 0.6 as i cant change to the smaller increments yet, im on custom settting in my pump, after tomorrow i should be on advanced and i think i can do the smaller increments then. thanks again, you are all wonderful, xxx

thanks so much, i will put them in now. I will have to stick to 0.6 as i cant change to the smaller increments yet, im on custom settting in my pump, after tomorrow i should be on advanced and i think i can do the smaller increments then. thanks again, you are all wonderful, xxx

It might not work, it is all trial and error with these basals and ratios. Good luck.

have done that Adrienne,

have just realise i can do the smaller increments after all, didnt realise i could, but have stuck to the 0.6 as my spike is so high,

I was already back to 0.4 from 9am

so have just changed the one hour from 6am, fingers crossed

have done that Adrienne,

have just realise i can do the smaller increments after all, didnt realise i could, but have stuck to the 0.6 as my spike is so high,

I was already back to 0.4 from 9am

so have just changed the one hour from 6am, fingers crossed

Yep everything crossed. Right I'm off to bed, am knackered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back