starbursts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We get everything free 😎 The one and only perk of having Diabetes 😉

Is this true?
I have to take various meds for my angina which they say was probably caused by undiagnosed diabetes. Statins, Beta blockers, Aspirin. (Does best Shylock impersonation) 😛
Or does it only count for strictly diabetic medications like insulin and various tablet types?

I aint to sure tbh but i know i get my meds free, there all to do with diabetes though, do you have a medical exemption card?

if you take tablets for your diabetes or any diabetic meds get a medical exemption card then all prescriptions are free but not if you are just diet & exercise .

I aint to sure tbh but i know i get my meds free, there all to do with diabetes though, do you have a medical exemption card?

No I don't, I pay for all my meds on an annual prescription card. Beggar!

No I don't, I pay for all my meds on an annual prescription card. Beggar!

yes donald is right , i dont remember are you diet and exercise only or do you take pills?

if you take tablets for your diabetes or any diabetic meds get a medical exemption card then all prescriptions are free but not if you are just diet & exercise .

Cheers Donald!
Typically, I am on diet and exercise.
I always get the kick in the chuckies, never any of the benefits :(

Cheers Donald!
Typically, I am on diet and exercise.
I always get the kick in the chuckies, never any of the benefits :(

yea it's the pits as it is expensive otherwise.

?7.20 i do believe for each item at the minute.

If you can afford the annual card it works out cheaper as its a one off payment and thats it. Thank the Lord, as I am on 7 different meds and that would be.... mmm more fingers and toes than I have! :D (Ok... ?50.04 at each replenishment of the prescription... gulp!)

eek😱?7.20 per item that is expensive especially if you have to take a few meds.

You should move to Scotland! Only ?5.00 per prescription and hopefully everything free by 2011 😉

NiVZ

Once again, found this late, but how about jelly beans for hypoes? Surely they're packed with sugar and come in all sorts of flavours? I think I might give them a go anyway, much more enjoyable than other stuff. Although I do feel positively saintly sipping (or should I say guzzling?!) my fruit juice when hypoing! Hehe... Hate, hate, HATE glucose tablets, a throw back from diagnosis. Ick!

hi patrica,dont know if this helps but i eat a small apple,and a couple of mouthfuls of lucasade,which i always carry in car with me,and feel alot better, when finished apple i go and get a sandwich,but it helps me,worth a try group 2 elder

Thanks for all this! Munjeeta, like you, my son now won't touch glucose tabs. I like the apple idea erik, but I don't think he'll carry one with him with any luck...

So far we've done haribo, which have worked well in 'out and about' situations. The only problem is he really only likes one of the 'small packet' combinations, the one with the blue wrapper...!

So...have now tried fruit winders -- 13g -- which he *adores* anyway. Problem with THIS is (are there any situations without problems?) he loves them SO much that he's just as likely to have one when he feels like it and bolus for it. But they are VERY portabe.

Sigh.

I too have looked at jelly beans, very high in carb, yay -- but do they come in small packets? I'm losing my mind about all this, and wonder if I'm shopping in the wrong places! Where are all the 'party packs' of things like jelly beans, jelly babies, fruit pastilles, etc...?

We've also now started carrying tubes of fruit pastilles. The sugar leaks out and gets everywhere, but it's quick and easy. 4 or 5 is the right amount.

Phew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back