starbursts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sofaraway: E looks rather askance at glucojuice, hasn't tried it. I kept one for ages hoping against hope...But yes you've reminded me -- I think I'll try again.

Epic low. Nightmare for you Salmonpuff.

These answers are *incredibly* helpful -- this forum is just ace.

Hadn't *occurred* to me that the unwrapping would feel panicky -- of course it would. With shakiness and things. Sheesh (strikes head)! And the chewing. Again, this makes sense. It would take longer and feel endless I imagine.

(Prob with coke sprite luco etc Adrienne is abhorrence of anything fizzy. Until diagnosis of course, this refusal of it was always a GOOD thing. Sigh. Neither of my children can deal with it.)

I didn't realise that haribo could be used too...I take your point Adrienne about speed, but I'm thinking in times when convenience is utmost...At the moment, he cannot abide glucose tabs. He carries them for dire emergency, but hasn't had them in months and months... What haribo particularly good? It would be good for him not always to have to have a hulking huge apple juice carton in his blazer for concerts and in his coat pocket in town...Or more than one in my bag (which there always is at the moment!) come to think of it...!

I like the idea of small ziplock. Again, hadn't thought of this clearly enough. They have got to be STRONG: teenage boys are just rough with all belongings (except ipods and pumps I think!), and the bags need to hold up with running around, things in and out of pockets, etc... BUT a great idea. (Then my daughter, who loves ALL jelly babies, could have the other flavours!)

Patricia, what I do when working is.......keep 5 jelly babies (you can pick which colour), in a plastic sandwich bag and tie a little knot in the end. I keep this in my pocket so it is always with me, as not allowedd my handbag on the shop floor.

If hypo its easy to just rip the bag open. Use the cheap bags as the more expensive are thicker plastic. About 50p from supermarkets. I find they start to go a liitle hard after a couple of weeks (the jb that is). Hope this helps.

Patricia, what I do when working is.......keep 5 jelly babies (you can pick which colour), in a plastic sandwich bag and tie a little knot in the end. I keep this in my pocket so it is always with me, as not allowedd my handbag on the shop floor.

If hypo its easy to just rip the bag open. Use the cheap bags as the more expensive are thicker plastic. About 50p from supermarkets. I find they start to go a liitle hard after a couple of weeks (the jb that is). Hope this helps.

Inventive and effective idea Tracey -- brilliant. I can imagine that this ripping into thing would work very well with E...One thing about ziplock is that for boys...sometimes fine motor control is extremely frustrating! The last thing we want for him when dealing with hypo.

Thank you.

I've just done a repeat online!! (21st century and all) and left them a message asking for pots of glucotabs and gave them the numbers from the book. Let's see what happens!!

i keep some jelly babies in my iceland jacket that i wear and if im needin a wee boost then i just munch on them 🙂

I've just done a repeat online!! (21st century and all) and left them a message asking for pots of glucotabs and gave them the numbers from the book. Let's see what happens!!

do u mean you put in your repeat prescription to your doc online ? 😱

Cool. We can book appointments online but not scripts yet, it would be so much easier.

I hope you get the glucotabs and one point to you for putting the codes as well, doc can't tell you that he can't give them to you now !

how do you do that??

or is it a secret??

😎

Shhh!! don't tell😉

But seriously it's down to the GP surgery, my new one do it all online, nothing I asked for it's part of how they work, I think some others on this forum do it too, but obviously not too many. I guess you could ask next time you're in, you might find out that they're thinking about it, which would be good, but it may be quite a big overhaul to how they work in terms of running the office, organising appointments and all that. As you can book some appointments too, and see your upcoming appointments. It's seems good and is called "Emis Access".

Cool. We can book appointments online but not scripts yet, it would be so much easier.

I hope you get the glucotabs and one point to you for putting the codes as well, doc can't tell you that he can't give them to you now !

Well thank you for asking for them I had no idea!!

Cheers, I'll keep you posted.

Rossi :D

Shhh!! don't tell😉

But seriously it's down to the GP surgery, my new one do it all online, nothing I asked for it's part of how they work, I think some others on this forum do it too, but obviously not too many. I guess you could ask next time you're in, you might find out that they're thinking about it, which would be good, but it may be quite a big overhaul to how they work in terms of running the office, organising appointments and all that. As you can book some appointments too, and see your upcoming appointments. It's seems good and is called "Emis Access".

Dont worry my lips are sealed 😉

i dont think my doctors do that, your place sounds super cool, i suppose i could enquire about it but until then i will continue to go myself and place it in thee wee box in the surgery 😎

I'm glad I read this thread now. I didn't know you could get the Glucotabs on prescription! What a pity we did F's repeat prescription appointment this week. Next time we go, I'll be asking.

To the original poster, F hates fizzy drinks too. She uses orange juice or Glucotabs. She's just discovered the raspberry Glucotabs and loves them! :D

I'm glad I read this thread now. I didn't know you could get the Glucotabs on prescription! What a pity we did F's repeat prescription appointment this week. Next time we go, I'll be asking.

To the original poster, F hates fizzy drinks too. She uses orange juice or Glucotabs. She's just discovered the raspberry Glucotabs and loves them! :D

My GP is quite good if I just scribble a wee note at the bottom of a repeat prescrition sheet when I hand it in at reception.

Might be worth a try. 🙂

I went into my doctors and asked if i would be able to get glucotabs on prescription but he needs a code or the brand name or something because he cant find anything on the system or in his books... he could only find glucogel...

anyone help??

:D ta mucho chums

I went into my doctors and asked if i would be able to get glucotabs on prescription but he needs a code or the brand name or something because he cant find anything on the system or in his books... he could only find glucogel...

anyone help??

:D ta mucho chums

Rossi's brother gave the codes a bit earlier:

Orange Flavour - 324-1841
Raspberry Flavour - 324-1833

🙂

Damn, you got there before me, had just cut and paste.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back