Spag Bol Wed 3rd Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is torture. My tummy is rumbling (guessing because I'm high??) but I can't really have a snack 🙄 I have some cashews that want eating.

Can't you have a snack and inject some NR to cover it maybe ? Thats the choice some of the kids are given if they choose something with carbs in !

Can't you have a snack and inject some NR to cover it maybe ? Thats the choice some of the kids are given if they choose something with carbs in !

I would usually, but i'm trying to be good for the test & because i'm high :D I always have to inject for snacks.
I'll have a snack in half a hour, after the 2 hour test 🙂

Katie have a drink😉

This is the first evening in DAYS that I haven't had a drink (probably why I haven't got good levels today 😉), don't encourage me haha.

Not going too well for me, but the other way around.

2.7 when started cooking so had fruit juice,
5.1 before eating. (Had my normal 1:1 ratio and insulin 10mins before eating, 8.5 CP)
3.3 half an hour after eating (just had a choc. mousse as thought pasta may not yet have kicked in.
2.7 when just tested again. Panic eating set in. Just had fruit juice and a hot cross bun. Think I have probably overdone it now.

Oh no! Really hope you get up to a nice normal level soon and don't go too high x

Not going too well for me, but the other way around.

2.7 when started cooking so had fruit juice,
5.1 before eating. (Had my normal 1:1 ratio and insulin 10mins before eating, 8.5 CP)
3.3 half an hour after eating (just had a choc. mousse as thought pasta may not yet have kicked in.
2.7 when just tested again. Panic eating set in. Just had fruit juice and a hot cross bun. Think I have probably overdone it now.

Wow Rachel, sounds like what happened to me the other day. Hope you steady soon🙂

So far :

7.7 pre meal
11.3 1 x hour later
9.2 2 x hours later
9.4 3 x hours later
9.5 4 x hours later

Will have to let you know 5 hour result tomorrow.

Adrienne - I am thinking perhaps i should have given more up front? I gave 30/70 over 5 hours. Although, he is only less than 2mmols higher after 2 hours than his pre meal level. Hope we dont get a late rise!😱Bev

well 4 hours later 8.8 shouldnt have had the garlic bread 😉

Totally fascinating results all - did not do this tonight as no energy for late/night testing. But am reading. We would have done 15g bolus up front for sauce, and a 30/70 5 hour dual wave for the actual pasta, which we now just assume is around 95 cho for his portion.

Wow Rachel, sounds like what happened to me the other day. Hope you steady soon🙂

Now at 5.6 I thought I would be far higher than that.

Now I dont know whether to eat anything else before bed. I would not normally go to be on 5.6 but I did cut my eveing levemir back by another half unit to 3 today. I have had night time hypos for the last 4 nights in a row though so I would really like a full nights sleep. This whole thing really sucks sometimes.

I would have a snack now Rachel, better to feel safe. 🙂

Well for reasons unknown I have had to switch glucometer at the last test. Error kept coming up and I tested me a few times, tested Jessica, used control solution so switched. Still the same model/make of machine though.

So we have had

Starting :
7 pm 6.6
8 pm 11.3
9 pm 9.5
10.30 pm 10.9

I would normally correct the 10.9 but am not going to. This is so much better than normal.

Bev not sure re your question. Its pretty good as a trend goes. I guess overall could be a bit lower so maybe try 35/65 next time. Even those little differences could help.

See I did 65/35 so gave more up front. Two hours later I have the same as you Bev. So I will try once again 70/30 next time. I can't say the 10.30 pm is a spike as new machine but it may be. We shall see. If she goes higher than 12, I'll correct I think.

This has turned out a great experiment. Will post my results on the other list tomorrow.

Adrienne, there isnt a lot of difference between the two of them is there! Can i just ask - if on a dual wave - do you ever correct at the 2 hour check?🙂Bev

Adrienne, there isnt a lot of difference between the two of them is there! Can i just ask - if on a dual wave - do you ever correct at the 2 hour check?🙂Bev

Generally no unless mega stupidly high and I've started to do what Jacqui does and stop the dual wave and see how much is left to give and give it all at once.

To me if she is going off up in the high teens I got the dual wave wrong so that is why I stop it.

If she is steady ish but not mega high like tonights, I'll leave it as the square bit will probably bring her down. We shall see.......

Go back to page 5 on this thread hun he said sumit 19.25 yesterday evening.

posted my results ont he other thread. If i remember I will post up my results for tomorrow. I made it up and had 3 portions so ate 2 yesterday and will eat the other for lunch tomorrow.
Comparing my results showed that I was slightly higher after the evening portion at 2 hours. but still very acceptable results.

Hi all,

I just wanted to say 'well done' to you all for taking part in this mini experiment!🙂

Personally I have learnt a lot from this - especially after comparing notes with Adrienne! I am hoping we can get more 'pumpers' involved so we can compare notes!🙂

Also from what i can see of the results - all the type 2's must be coping very well as the levels were brilliant! Well done all of you. Looking forward to the next one now!🙂Bev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back