Running for JDRF in the Great South Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

Well, training is slowly getting underway for the Great South Run on October 25th, 2009 - just under ten weeks away!😱

I've decided this year to try and raise some money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). Last year I ran for Diabetes UK, so I thought I would support a different charity this year. Plus, I have been impressed by the work of JDRF and have heard nothing but good things about it from people here and elsewhere.

I have set up a justgiving page at:

http://www.justgiving.com/NorthernerJDRF

If you can spare a few coppers (or your life savings!:D), that would be tremendously appreciated! For everyone who donates you can send me a message and I will carry it round with me on the run ( as long as it's not the complete works of Charles Dickens - might slow me down a bit!)

I wouldn't normally ask through the forum like this, but so many people have kindly said they want to support me, so here it is🙂

Apparently, this year the JDRF has teamed up with Pingu, although I don't think we're being asked to wear the full penguin suit...

jdrfpengu.gif

Thought I would post this here first and then move it to Events later, as I know some of the people who have asked if I'll be running for charity this year don't always look in the other sections!

lol nice piccie

how do you send payment then? can i use my debit card and is it safe ??

cheers

lol nice piccie

how do you send payment then? can i use my debit card and is it safe ??

cheers

Hi steff - yes you can use credit or debit cards and it's perfectly safe. Justgiving are the 'amazon' of the charity fundraising world!:D The money doesn't come to me, it goes straight to the charity, but gets recorded against me as the fundraiser.

I am going to try it now , my card isa card with no chip tho so i aint sure if it is debit or credit im with nationwide and it is a saving account card, can only try i guess

Northener i have tryed donating a fivva but it wont let me with my card as i said it is neither credit or a debit card , o/h has a debit card but i cant use it without asking him first he will hang draw and quarter me otherwise. So i shall get back to this when i sort it.

ty

I donated my life savings Northe. That should help find a cure! :D

do you need to set an account up yes?

No, just click the 'I haven't got an account' box and fill in your other details. I don't know whether you'll be able to use your ISA card though - savings accounts don't normally allow third-party payments.:(

No, just click the 'I haven't got an account' box and fill in your other details. I don't know whether you'll be able to use your ISA card though - savings accounts don't normally allow third-party payments.:(

yes i just found that out :(🙄

I donated my life savings Northe. That should help find a cure! :D

Katie, you're wonderful - thank you! I suppose that means the trip to Oz is on hold now until you can rebuild your wealth😉

Really appreciate it, thanks🙂

Katie, you're wonderful - thank you! I suppose that means the trip to Oz is on hold now until you can rebuild your wealth😉

Really appreciate it, thanks🙂

Not sure i'll ever make it there now :( :D

Better get to work then! You're very welcome.

Ive just donated my Vodka money Northerner , you are also helping my kidneys lol 😱😉😉

Hi Northerner,

We just donated and Alex gave some of his pocket money and so did his sister - and the best of luck to you and well done for choosing JDRF!:DBev

Hi Northerner,

We just donated and Alex gave some of his pocket money and so did his sister - and the best of luck to you and well done for choosing JDRF!:DBev

Thank you so much Alex, Hannah and Bev, really appreciated!🙂 Blimey, I'd better get training!😱😉

Ive just donated my Vodka money Northerner , you are also helping my kidneys lol 😱😉

Well done twin, i'm proud lol

Hi Northerner,

Bev is some of that your pocket money too? 😉

Thank you so much Alex, Hannah and Bev, really appreciated!🙂 Blimey, I'd better get training!

He he - Alex just asked ' if northerner doesnt do it - do i get my money back'? - made me laugh so much!:DBev

p.s. Katie - yes that was my pocket money - i wont be buying anymore KB cd's to burn this month!😱😛Bev

He he - Alex just asked ' if northerner doesnt do it - do i get my money back'? - made me laugh so much!:DBev

p.s. Katie - yes that was my pocket money - i wont be buying anymore KB cd's to burn this month!😱Bev

Hehe! You can tell Alex that I have only not finished two races - one because my leg broke at 23 miles, and the other because I was in hospital with DKA - it takes a lot to stop a Northerner!😉

Slight trade off I see - KB sales will drop through the floor this week, she might not make it to the top of the charts!😱

Slight trade off I see - KB sales will drop through the floor this week, she might not make it to the top of the charts!😱

Well I might donate again then , that is three good causes so far !!

Young Diabetics , My Kidneys , and Kate Bush staying out of the charts 😉😉

Hehe! You can tell Alex that I have only not finished two races - one because my leg broke at 23 miles, and the other because I was in hospital with DKA - it takes a lot to stop a Northerner!😉

Tut tut! Excuses excuses! Now Alex wants to know how you can break a leg whilst running?😱Bev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back