No Carbers/ low Carbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i'll try not to call you MJ then

Sounds like you might need a tiny bit more lantus then, unless you ate late?

The festival was soooo good! Seasick steve was so awesome live, he was the highlight of the day. Apparently we missed Paul McCartney haha! We left during "Rocking in the Free World" because that is usually the encore and we wanted to miss the rush, but he came on to join neil young for the final song. None of us like him, but would have been cool to say we had seen him

I tested my levels at one point and I was 22! I quickly stuck 8 units in me. I didnt test much at all, today was the same. My levels have probably been really hight the whole time, eeeeeeek.

Good, glad to had a g ood time :D Better than my weekend of report-writing I'm sure!

Yeah, I went to bed on 11.3 last night and woke up to 14.5, definitely need to up that levemir by a couple of units. Hopefully that'll do the trick, I always struggle with morning readings, my body must do something funny over night 😛

Haha... Oh well, high over the weekend, but today's another day! I'm aiming for no hypos today... Let me know how you go. It was quiet on here without you over the weekend!!

Good, glad to had a g ood time :D Better than my weekend of report-writing I'm sure!

Yeah, I went to bed on 11.3 last night and woke up to 14.5, definitely need to up that levemir by a couple of units. Hopefully that'll do the trick, I always struggle with morning readings, my body must do something funny over night 😛

Haha... Oh well, high over the weekend, but today's another day! I'm aiming for no hypos today... Let me know how you go. It was quiet on here without you over the weekend!!

Yeah It was awesome, wish I could go to a gig or festival EVERY weekend. Oh to be rich...

Yeah bump up that levemir and see how it goes :D I was 15.4 this morning and Now im 4. Just eating a few glucose tablets as I can feel i'm going low!

Hehe yeah I can imagine it would of been a bit quiet without me on, I spend waaay too much time on here I know 😉

Yeah It was awesome, wish I could go to a gig or festival EVERY weekend. Oh to be rich...

Yeah bump up that levemir and see how it goes :D I was 15.4 this morning and Now im 4. Just eating a few glucose tablets as I can feel i'm going low!

Hehe yeah I can imagine it would of been a bit quiet without me on, I spend waaay too much time on here I know 😉

Yeah, I know that feeling. I really want to book tickets for Florence and the machine! I'm off to Wireless this weekend, whoop! And have Coldplay tickets for Sept which'll be good... The last gig I went to was aaaaaaages ago... So long I don't even remember who I saw... Possibly the Super Furry Animals on NYE 07/08...

I have upped Levemir by 2 to 18 so will see what happens...

How have you been for the rest of today?

I was 14 on waking then went down to 5.6 before lunch and was 4.9 after school which was good, so I had an apple to keep me going. But... Then got to a staff meeting and there were Chomps and I had a couple of units of insulin to cover them but I had two.... 2 units wasn't enough so i got home and I was 16. So I ate dinner (stirfry and rice - 35 g of carbs which was 5 units of insulin. Added 1 unit for my ratio, as always, added another for the veg and 3 correction doses so 10 units altogether...) and am now 2.5 :confused: Bloody bouncing!! 😡 I never seem to gett correction doses right. Or coutning carbs for veg... Rubbish!

Munjeeta, if Alex needs a correction dose and the weather is this hot - we only give half what we normally would - because heat makes him lower anyway. Perhaps thats why you went hypo? Also you do have to eat a load of veg for it to really count for much, unless you have peas or sweetcorn!🙂Bev

Munjeeta, if Alex needs a correction dose and the weather is this hot - we only give half what we normally would - because heat makes him lower anyway. Perhaps thats why you went hypo? Also you do have to eat a load of veg for it to really count for much, unless you have peas or sweetcorn!🙂Bev

Ah.... Thanks, Bev 🙂 And great news on Alex's pump funding 🙂🙂

Yeah, I know that feeling. I really want to book tickets for Florence and the machine! I'm off to Wireless this weekend, whoop! And have Coldplay tickets for Sept which'll be good... The last gig I went to was aaaaaaages ago... So long I don't even remember who I saw... Possibly the Super Furry Animals on NYE 07/08...

Yeah Florence and the machine looks quite good. I was speaking to this guy who was telling me super furry animals are amazing live, havent seen them! I'm working this weekend at a local festival (not a good one, a little town one 😉), so im going to be jealous of you this week instead grr lol. At least I will get free drinks! oops just remembered im not supposed to be drinking haha.

Munjeeta said:
I have upped Levemir by 2 to 18 so will see what happens...

How have you been for the rest of today?

I was 14 on waking then went down to 5.6 before lunch and was 4.9 after school which was good, so I had an apple to keep me going. But... Then got to a staff meeting and there were Chomps and I had a couple of units of insulin to cover them but I had two.... 2 units wasn't enough so i got home and I was 16. So I ate dinner (stirfry and rice - 35 g of carbs which was 5 units of insulin. Added 1 unit for my ratio, as always, added another for the veg and 3 correction doses so 10 units altogether...) and am now 2.5 :confused: Bloody bouncing!! 😡 I never seem to gett correction doses right. Or coutning carbs for veg... Rubbish!

mmm chomps! Well at least your levels started out good. Ive had two hypos today, only minor ones right before lunch and dinner so not too bad. I haven't really been recording what ive been eating or my levels today, i'll try harder tomorrow. Like Bev said, maybe the heat has affected you because ten doesn't sound like too much with the your level, the food and correction taken into account :confused:

Yeah Florence and the machine looks quite good. I was speaking to this guy who was telling me super furry animals are amazing live, havent seen them! I'm working this weekend at a local festival (not a good one, a little town one ), so im going to be jealous of you this week instead grr lol. At least I will get free drinks! oops just remembered im not supposed to be drinking haha.

Haha... I'm so looking forward to it. I feel like I'm getting old and boring and I can hardly remember the last proper night out I had! Can't wait for a day of good music in the sunshine (hopefully!!) Local festivals are cool really... :D SFA were brilliant. I was highly sceptical as I really didn't know much of their stuff before I met James (my boyfriend). He, however, is obsessed with them, so out of principle I thought I should hate them 😛 But, actually they're really good. And amazing live.

mmm chomps! Well at least your levels started out good. Ive had two hypos today, only minor ones right before lunch and dinner so not too bad. I haven't really been recording what ive been eating or my levels today, i'll try harder tomorrow. Like Bev said, maybe the heat has affected you because ten doesn't sound like too much with the your level, the food and correction taken into account

Nowt wrong with that, you need days off!!

10 is quite a big dose for me in one sitting. I never usually have more than 14 units to cover a meal, and that's not usual. And I didn't eat much rice, so maybe it was just a combination of things! I was 4.5 about 2 hours after last night's hypo though so definitely something going on. Have started taking my evening levemir earlier too to avoid the morning overlap, so maybe that's having an effect on my evening meal ratios :confused: Hey ho, woke up to an 8.7 (much more respectable, if not quite within range!) this morning so maybe it'll start to work. And hopefully when morning levels are a bit more stabe the rest of the day'll follow...

Wow! Essay! Let me know how things are with you 🙂

morning Munjeeta , Twin ,I woke to a 19+ this morning 😡 Hypo during the night me thinks GRRRRR 😡 I hope you girls have a better day than mine so far lol . And its going to be HOT today , i'll be high all day now !! grr the hot weather plays havoc with my levels . catch you later x tc

morning Munjeeta , Twin ,I woke to a 19+ this morning 😡 Hypo during the night me thinks GRRRRR 😡 I hope you girls have a better day than mine so far lol . And its going to be HOT today , i'll be high all day now !! grr the hot weather plays havoc with my levels . catch you later x tc

Oh bummer! That's never a good way to start the day... Heat seems to affect me too, but nuever uniformally... Up and down, never one or the other!! Hope it gets better 🙂

Oh bummer! That's never a good way to start the day... Heat seems to affect me too, but nuever uniformally... Up and down, never one or the other!! Hope it gets better 🙂

oh well I have to just make the best of the rest of the day now 🙂

have a good day !!!

Haha... I'm so looking forward to it. I feel like I'm getting old and boring and I can hardly remember the last proper night out I had! Can't wait for a day of good music in the sunshine (hopefully!!) Local festivals are cool really... SFA were brilliant. I was highly sceptical as I really didn't know much of their stuff before I met James (my boyfriend). He, however, is obsessed with them, so out of principle I thought I should hate them But, actually they're really good. And amazing live.

...Wow! Essay! Let me know how things are with you 🙂

Hope you get the sunshine :D This local festival isnt cool, honestly! hehe, although the david bowie tribute guy last year was awesome lol
I might have to check out the SFA then, that's the second recommendation in a week.

Another day of pretty rubbish readings for me. Woke up to 15.3, I'm not really sure why... I tested last night and 6.4 and after that I had 1 cracker @ 5g of carbs so im not sure if my level crept up or I had a hypo 🙄 I was 9.4 after lunch and I had a snack and took more insulin. I haven't really been doing low carbs since before the weekend either, need to sort it out again I think!

Is your ratio lower in the afternoon/evening than the morning? How have your levels been today, any better??

morning Munjeeta , Twin ,I woke to a 19+ this morning Hypo during the night me thinks GRRRRR I hope you girls have a better day than mine so far lol . And its going to be HOT today , i'll be high all day now !! grr the hot weather plays havoc with my levels . catch you later x tc

Sorry to hear about the bad start twin, how's it been the rest of the day?

It's taken me an hour to write this cos' ive been playing guitar hero world tour inbetween typing haha.

my level was just 22 😱 wtf, I couldnt have got my meal dose that wrong, I have no idea how it happened :(

Edit: ok confusion over... ive just remembered my brother offered me some ice cream earlier and put way more in the bowl than I would usually have. no wonder im so high lol.

Hope you get the sunshine :D This local festival isnt cool, honestly! hehe, although the david bowie tribute guy last year was awesome lol
I might have to check out the SFA then, that's the second recommendation in a week.

Another day of pretty rubbish readings for me. Woke up to 15.3, I'm not really sure why... I tested last night and 6.4 and after that I had 1 cracker @ 5g of carbs so im not sure if my level crept up or I had a hypo. I was 9.4 after lunch and I had a snack and took more insulin. I haven't really been doing low carbs since before the weekend either, need to sort it out again I think!

Is your ratio lower in the afternoon/evening than the morning? How have your levels been today, any better??

Yesterday didn't sound TOO bad! How are they this morning? It does sound like maybe there was a hypo on the night, going to bed at 6.4 and waking up at 15.3 doesn't sound normal! I had an ok day, woke up at 8.7, before lunch 6.7, before dinner 5.3 but then for some reason I went up to 14 before bed. Took a couple of units and have woken up at 8.5 again this morning. I was a bit cautious with last night's dinner dose as wanted to avoid another hypo, so maybe just a bit too cautious!

Not really... I take a really low ratio with breakfast, I don't know why but I seem to need a lot more insulin. Lunch is where I need the least insulin per g/ carb and evening's sort of in the middle. It's funny how it changes through the day... How about you?

I've been trying to stick to lower carbs, and it does seem to be helping. I feel a bit healthier too, not quite so full and sluggish all teh time, and funnily enough probably less hungry than when I was eating more carbs! Still eating a few carbs at most meals though...

my level was just 22 😱 wtf, I couldnt have got my meal dose that wrong, I have no idea how it happened :(

Edit: ok confusion over... ive just remembered my brother offered me some ice cream earlier and put way more in the bowl than I would usually have. no wonder im so high lol.

Haha... But you know, far too hot for anything else, I had ice cream after dinner too, took a couple of units to cover it but maybe another reason for my before-bed 14!

Anne-Marie, how were your levels for the rest of yesterday?

Yesterday didn't sound TOO bad! How are they this morning? It does sound like maybe there was a hypo on the night, going to bed at 6.4 and waking up at 15.3 doesn't sound normal! I had an ok day, woke up at 8.7, before lunch 6.7, before dinner 5.3 but then for some reason I went up to 14 before bed. Took a couple of units and have woken up at 8.5 again this morning. I was a bit cautious with last night's dinner dose as wanted to avoid another hypo, so maybe just a bit too cautious!

Yeah I guess it wasnt too bad a day. Your levels were fairly good too!

This morning I woke up to 5.7 (whoop!) after taking 11 units correction on no food 😱 and my lantus. I got a bit stressed out this morning so out of interest I tested again an hour later once I got to work and I was 7.4! It's amazing what a bit of stress can do.

Not really... I take a really low ratio with breakfast, I don't know why but I seem to need a lot more insulin. Lunch is where I need the least insulin per g/ carb and evening's sort of in the middle. It's funny how it changes through the day... How about you?

This is a bit confusing, because when I said high I meant low ratio the way you look at it :D because I say 2 units per 10g and you say 1 unit per 5g hehe. I use the same basic ratio each meal, but I know for breakfast I need more insulin so I just add a bit on. I need less for lunch and probably a bit more for dinner. Same as you basically. I'll be interested to know whether they change the grams part of the ratio or the units part when you go on your DAFNE course, when is it you are going on it?

I've been trying to stick to lower carbs, and it does seem to be helping. I feel a bit healthier too, not quite so full and sluggish all teh time, and funnily enough probably less hungry than when I was eating more carbs! Still eating a few carbs at most meals though...

Haha... But you know, far too hot for anything else, I had ice cream after dinner too, took a couple of units to cover it but maybe another reason for my before-bed 14!

Well done on sticking to it! I know what you mean about feeling less sluggish, when i'm eating less carbs I do too and I have more energy when ive been doing exercise. I'm going to get back into low carbing today 🙂

Yeah it was probably the evil ice cream, it seems it has loads of sugar in it grr!

Yeah I guess it wasnt too bad a day. Your levels were fairly good too!

This morning I woke up to 5.7 (whoop!) after taking 11 units correction on no food and my lantus. I got a bit stressed out this morning so out of interest I tested again an hour later once I got to work and I was 7.4! It's amazing what a bit of stress can do.

Wow - 5.7 is something I can only aspire to first thing in the morning 😛 I know - stress is the most annoying thing (I hope you're less stressed now and it was nothing serious)... Stress really hikes up my levels too, which in turn makes me more stressed. And it's not like it's something you can account for in advance like exercise. But still. 7.4's alright!

This is a bit confusing, because when I said high I meant low ratio the way you look at it. because I say 2 units per 10g and you say 1 unit per 5g hehe. I use the same basic ratio each meal, but I know for breakfast I need more insulin so I just add a bit on. I need less for lunch and probably a bit more for dinner. Same as you basically. I'll be interested to know whether they change the grams part of the ratio or the units part when you go on your DAFNE course, when is it you are going on it?

Haha... Yeah, I wasn't quite sure about what you meant by hogh ratios... Ratio was never my strong point and something I find SO hard to teach 😛 Your daily pattern does sound similar, I wonder if that's the normal thing then? I guess maybe having fasted over night there's no short acting floating around so maybe that's why less is needed at lunch... My ratios are totally made up by me so yeah, I'm sure they'll change something... Although I think it's just that you work out insulin per 10g and I work out how much carb to a unit... If that makes sense... It's not till Nov though, so still quite a wait!

Well done on sticking to it! I know what you mean about feeling less sluggish, when i'm eating less carbs I do too and I have more energy when ive been doing exercise. I'm going to get back into low carbing today 🙂

Yeah it was probably the evil ice cream, it seems it has loads of sugar in it grr!

How's the low carbing going today? I'm holding off testing my blood till before lunch... It's like an exercise in self control! 😱

Wow - 5.7 is something I can only aspire to first thing in the morning I know - stress is the most annoying thing (I hope you're less stressed now and it was nothing serious)... Stress really hikes up my levels too, which in turn makes me more stressed. And it's not like it's something you can account for in advance like exercise. But still. 7.4's alright!

I'm fine now thank you, it wasn't serious, I was just being silly 🙂

I'm really annoyed now though because my pre-lunch reading was 16.7 😡 sometime my 8units is spot on and sometimes I seem to go up to about 16, grr!

Haha... Yeah, I wasn't quite sure about what you meant by hogh ratios... Ratio was never my strong point and something I find SO hard to teach Your daily pattern does sound similar, I wonder if that's the normal thing then? I guess maybe having fasted over night there's no short acting floating around so maybe that's why less is needed at lunch... My ratios are totally made up by me so yeah, I'm sure they'll change something... Although I think it's just that you work out insulin per 10g and I work out how much carb to a unit... If that makes sense... It's not till Nov though, so still quite a wait!

How's the low carbing going today? I'm holding off testing my blood till before lunch... It's like an exercise in self control! 😱

Yep it appears that most people use a higher (err or lower lol) ratio in the morning than the rest of the day, ive heard it said loooaaads of times. Yeah I know what you mean, you change the gram part and I change the unit part 😉

I just tried sushi for the first time ever and didnt like it at all, so it was a low-carb lunch for me because i only ate half of it lol. Ive got some Mikado though so i'm going to have to try and stop myself eating the whole lot! Did you manage not to test until lunch??

Hi Munjeeta and Twinny , you girlies ok today ?? Hows it going with the Low Carbing? Ive not had a good start to the day grrrr I was 14's first thing ( i did take my levemir late tho 😱) and then Hypo at lunchtime !! so alas im carbed up now and waiting for a big zooooooommmmm 😡 b****y Hypo munchies!!

I hope you two are having a better day than me !!! hehehehe , hey Twin did you get any sleep in the end this morning ? I am of course assuming the bike ride has'nt put you out of action lol , did you say it was a 4 mile ride first thing ? 😱😱

I'm fine now thank you, it wasn't serious, I was just being silly

I'm really annoyed now though because my pre-lunch reading was 16.7 sometime my 8units is spot on and sometimes I seem to go up to about 16, grr!

Yep it appears that most people use a higher (err or lower lol) ratio in the morning than the rest of the day, ive heard it said loooaaads of times. Yeah I know what you mean, you change the gram part and I change the unit part

I just tried sushi for the first time ever and didnt like it at all, so it was a low-carb lunch for me because i only ate half of it lol. Ive got some Mikado though so i'm going to have to try and stop myself eating the whole lot! Did you manage not to test until lunch??

Sushi's definitely an acquired taste I reckon! I'm a bit funny about the whole raw fish malarky, but I really like the vegetarian stuff. And it's nice and healthy too.

I did indeed manage to hold off till before lunch and then I was 3.9. 4.3 after school so had a couple of digestives then 5.5 before dinner. A good day, but running a little low for my liking, I think it's the heat. Shows what a differnece being ill makes to your levels though, mine have been completely haywire the last couple of weeks, only just seem to be settling doen. I say settling down... It's not like my levels have ever been 'settled'!! Saw my DSN tonight though, she said to keep plodding on as I am, she was pleased with my levels even though I still think they're not good and, when they are, it's quite often more luck than judgement...

Maybe it's the weather making your levels rise? How have they been this afternoon?

Hi Munjeeta and Twinny , you girlies ok today ?? Hows it going with the Low Carbing? Ive not had a good start to the day grrrr I was 14's first thing ( i did take my levemir late tho) and then Hypo at lunchtime !! so alas im carbed up now and waiting for a big zooooooommmmm 😡 b****y Hypo munchies!!

I hope you two are having a better day than me !!! hehehehe , hey Twin did you get any sleep in the end this morning ? I am of course assuming the bike ride has'nt put you out of action lol , did you say it was a 4 mile ride first thing ? 😱😱

The low carbing's still going ok! I'm not radically lowering them really but definitely eating a lot less and filling up more on healthy stuff! How've the levels been for the rest of the day?

And what's this crazy talk of a 4 mile bike ride?! 😛

Hey ladies, how's it going?

Thinking about stuff re Carbs, just finished reading the intro to the collins GI book, it talks about lots of GI stuff, just trying to learn things, and hoping something sticks!!

So whats the deal with eggs, how many a week is too many, what about an egg-white omlette? Any thoughts, healthy tasty??

Hey ladies, how's it going?

Thinking about stuff re Carbs, just finished reading the intro to the collins GI book, it talks about lots of GI stuff, just trying to learn things, and hoping something sticks!!

So whats the deal with eggs, how many a week is too many, what about an egg-white omlette? Any thoughts, healthy tasty??

Arghhh Shhhh no one answer the Egg question Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee , I eat far TOO MANY , I'm in high double figures !! 😱😱 I LOVE THEM SOOOO MUCH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back