NHS Shake and Soup Diet

I asked my docs and got a knockback. Don't fit the criteria apparently. I don't think doomed counts. I've sunk a bit. Be a few days getting back up I think. :(

I'm going into the garden to eat worms, I might be some time. :D How many carbs in a worm?

I asked my docs and got a knockback. Don't fit the criteria apparently. I don't think doomed counts. I've sunk a bit. Be a few days getting back up I think. :(

I'm going into the garden to eat worms, I might be some time. :D How many carbs in a worm?
Well thats a positive if your weight is good and tge reason you got knocked back . Think 6 years cut off too so ? I'm sorry i do not recall how long you are a diabetic.
Funny you say go eat worms in the garden . Would you chsnge your delicacy. I can supply snails this season….. No not delicatessen french once just common garden ones … Who knows i dion’t eat things like that…..
Seriously though tis tough i might be knocked back too when referral goes through. However , plan xY or z as I am sure i've tried the others.

Hopefully you can do this with Fast 800 (you can buy proper meal replacement shakes from their website or Altralife who supply them for Oviva)? But make sure to involve your Diabetic Nurse & GP to check on meds & monitoring x

I don't think they want to be involved. Takes them all their time to remember me for a review as it is. I sure went under the radar as far as my health is concerned.

@Ditto Actually there's no need to go to the extremes of the Soups & Shakes or Fast 800. Please say if you'd like me to elaborate later.

Last edited:

If it’s something you want to do, could you do it by yourself?

I've just had a pint of water and a Strawberry Slimfast for breakfast. Will see if I can do it. Tried numerous times in the past but feel so badly now I have to do something. It'll be my version of it so probably won't work but we'll see. I still feel very let down. Don't want to go to my appointment at Gastro next month. Can't be bothered.

I've just had a pint of water and a Strawberry Slimfast for breakfast. Will see if I can do it. Tried numerous times in the past but feel so badly now I have to do something. It'll be my version of it so probably won't work but we'll see. I still feel very let down. Don't want to go to my appointment at Gastro next month. Can't be bothered.
when you see them be honest enough to say hiw you feel. i dont think even if thet supply the diet i will cope

@Ditto. The NHS Soups & Shakes programme depends on the support you receive from the provider (Oviva or whoever it is). If you are going to do it yourself I'd suggest you try something like Zoe Harcombe's diet. Many people have used it to get their weight down and keep it down.

Here's a blog post about it:
- https://diabetes-type2-remission.blogspot.com/2023/12/the-harcombe-diet-how-to-eat-your.html
plus a handy table:
- https://theharcombediet.com/assets/downloads/pdfs/fats_and_carbs.pdf
Zoe Harcombe's article about What should we eat?
- https://www.zoeharcombe.com/2021/08/what-should-we-eat/
and a link to the book and umpteen reviews:
- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Harcombe-Diet-Counting-Calories-Losing/product-reviews/1907797114/

They got in touch by email today. Filled the form in so to the next stage . Fingers crossed.

They got in touch by email today. Filled the form in so to the next stage . Fingers crossed.
They emailed the programme and I read as much as it let me and did the first 5 quizzes, due to knowledge from her there was nothing I got wrong. I wonder if they now send you a sample/tasting packet and then order for the twelve weeks. My only thing is my daughter is coming on the 21st and I am thinking do I start before or after she has visited? Will I eat too many naughties when she is around and find the diet too hard when I am down when she is gone? Or should I just get going asap?

They emailed the programme and I read as much as it let me and did the first 5 quizzes, due to knowledge from her there was nothing I got wrong. I wonder if they now send you a sample/tasting packet and then order for the twelve weeks. My only thing is my daughter is coming on the 21st and I am thinking do I start before or after she has visited? Will I eat too many naughties when she is around and find the diet too hard when I am down when she is gone? Or should I just get going asap?
I would get going asap, I'm sure she will be proud of you for getting to grips with making the effort and be supportive and encouraging.
It is in her interests for the future to have you well.

I would get going asap, I'm sure she will be proud of you for getting to grips with making the effort and be supportive and encouraging.
It is in her interests for the future to have you well.
Just have to wait because after filling in the quiz they have said they will need to
contact my GP. So still not on it yet .

Hope your home-grown version works well for you @Ditto

We have several on the forum who have successfully tried the 800 cal / Newcastle type approach under their own steam, so fingers crossed it’ll work for you too.

Hope you get on well with it too @Nayshiftin

Last edited:
Hope your home-grown version works well for you @Ditto

We have several on the forum who have successfully tried the 800 cal / Newcastle type approach under their own steam, so fingers crossed it’ll work for you too.

Hope you get in well with it too @Nayshiftin
Still not heard back since they needed to contact GP

I'm back to usual low carb. I don't know why I mess about, I always end up back on low carb. Best of luck to all who can stick to it.

I always feel fabulous on it, I think it's the garlic. Family might differ though. :D

Back