London / Southeast Meet? Suggested date: 5th August

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could just stay silent as well. Unnecessary comment.
Utterly unnecessary. However I've now put him on ignore so that's a bonus.

Little demon on my shoulder: oh, come on, you work hard, treat yourself to the fancy hotel babe, you deserve it...

*Open link. See rates*

Little demon:....
Me: You were saying...?
Little demon: maybe treat yourself to a fancy coffee instead :confused:
I also pass the Waldorf on a regular basis and haven't had a coffee there yet ... worried about how much it would cost. But have had a look round inside Very nice

Thank you. I pass it everyday on my way to work so it would be nice to go inside!
I used to live about three minutes walk from the Shakespeare’s Head and sometimes nothing hits the spot like a ‘spoons breakfast!

Where’s your office?

LSE and KCL just round the corner

Sadly I'm not going to make it, "all services south of Three Bridges will be cancelled" so not trains in and out of Brighton. It's going to be a big blow for those coming down to Brighton for the Pride weekend, one of Brighton's biggest events. Hopefully we can meet again sometime soon?...

Given the train strikes on the 5th August how would people be impacted off the meet up was pushed back to the following week?

Quick roll call if you could attend 12th August instead/as well as 5th? Not that there’s going to be two meet ups but trying to gauge if it’s better off a week later.

I requested time off for the weekend of the 5th and just got the approval yesterday. So I don't think I could attend the 12th. However I didn't book any train yet so will wait in case the meeting is moved.

I’ve slept on this and let’s leave it as the 5th.
Yes the rail strike will impact some people but let’s also have another meet up later in the year on a day when the trains are running!

Alright, I'm not sure if my particular train will be affected but let's book it and hope for the best! Fingers crossed emoji :D

Won't make it before 12 tho, probably.

@Elenka_HM I'm thinking I'll be there from mid/late morning with my Kindle and other stuff to amuse me (their breakfast menu)... Others can turn up when they can 🙂

@Elenka_HM I'm thinking I'll be there from mid/late morning with my Kindle and other stuff to amuse me (their breakfast menu)... Others can turn up when they can 🙂
Hi,

I can still do 5 August and plan to be there about 11 with my crossword !!

Hi,

I can still do 5 August and plan to be there about 11 with my crossword !!
I'll bring a big pencil so I can sneakily put the wrong words in and colour in random spaces!

I'll bring a big pencil so I can sneakily put the wrong words in and colour in random spaces!
Believe me I wouldn't notice as I spend hours working out a clue but unfortunately I can't spell very well...

Brilliant. I reckon I'll arrive at a good time for the lunch menu 😉

Ah sorry to hear the Summer Of Strikes has struck again and mangled your plans :(

Hope those who can make it have a lovely time. The meets i’ve been to have always been very warm, friendly, feelgood events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back