London / Southeast Meet? Suggested date: 5th August

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won’t be able to make 5th August unfortunately, but will be joining the South West meet in Taunton in September.

Hope you have a great time 🙂

Let’s do the first Saturday. So that’s 5th August.

As for timings it’ll be a drift in and stay as long as you want kinda thing but I’m imagining anytime from around 11am ish.

I’ll sort venue closer to the time.
Works for me, now on the calendar...

I can't make the 5th August I'm afraid. It's my birthday and I'll be at a beer festival near Southend.

I can't make the 5th August I'm afraid. It's my birthday and I'll be at a beer festival near Southend.
We’ll have low carb cake in your honour!

There’s a ‘Spoons actually inside St Pancras station but it’s always ridiculously busy as it’s part of the station itself.

There’s The Lighterman in Granary Sq (so a few minutes walk away from Kings X St P) and just round the corner from that there’s King’s Place (which might look like a massive office block but actually has a decent, large, bar at the back which opens on to the canal).

Has a date been mooted?

There’s another, very relaxed, option and that’s Serpentine Café in the middle of Hyde Park.

Lots of tables outside, food and drink service to the tables, lovely setting. Gets busy though and individual tables seat 6 or 8 but no reservations so whoever got there first would just have to hold a couple of tables.
Have there been any thoughts on timings?

Have there been any thoughts on timings?
What time do people want to meet? I’m thinking late morning until whenever.

Say 11:00am for the early birds. I can be there whenever is needed.

And I’m going to look at the table layout for the pubs in St P this weekend to see if one wins out.

Decision made.

Venue will be Shakespeare’s Head. It’s got plenty of room to accommodate us whereas the places in King’s Cross only has small tables.

It’s right beside Holborn tube so it’s south of King’s Cross/St Pancras and Euston, north of Waterloo

IMG_0938.png

next up, who is coming?...
Vast hoards previously unseen in Holborn will descend on the unsuspecting ‘spoons and cause the self-serve coffee machine to go into meltdown!

I will be there,

Vast hoards previously unseen in Holborn will descend on the unsuspecting ‘spoons and cause the self-serve coffee machine to go into meltdown!
are you going to give them advance notice, in case there's an influx of hardened drinkers descending on them at short notice?...

Just bringing this to your attention folks!

@Sharron1
@Elenka_HM

Who else do we know who might be up for a Saturday social in Central London?

Thanks for reminding me @ColinUK ! I think @Jenny65 was interested.

I still have to to confirm with my manager (he is on holiday at the moment) if I can take either Friday & Saturday or Saturday &Sunday. I know from recent experience I don't want to go and come back on the same day. So will have to check some cute boutique hotel for the night (enter Booking->hostels->lowest price first) :rofl:

Thanks for reminding me @ColinUK ! I think @Jenny65 was interested.

I still have to to confirm with my manager (he is on holiday at the moment) if I can take either Friday & Saturday or Saturday &Sunday. I know from recent experience I don't want to go and come back on the same day. So will have to check some cute boutique hotel for the night (enter Booking->hostels->lowest price first) :rofl:
The Savoy isn’t too far away but I think this place is closer…
No river view though.

I'm planning to come. I live in Greater London, so it's fairly easy for me to get to.

The Savoy isn’t too far away but I think this place is closer…
No river view though.
Little demon on my shoulder: oh, come on, you work hard, treat yourself to the fancy hotel babe, you deserve it...

*Open link. See rates*

Little demon:....
Me: You were saying...?
Little demon: maybe treat yourself to a fancy coffee instead :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back