Libre Sensors - Try again in 10 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m on my 5th libre 2 sensor I’ve had a couple of replacements because of the scan error message coming up a lot, and randomly not scanning - I say randomly it’s the same time about midnight ish and for the same lengths of time (24 minutes) then losing data - showing a gap. The replacement are a different lot or batch and are working much better. Teething troubles. I seem to remember similar issues at the start of libre 1. I’ve only ever stuck it to the arm and always the left. It doesn’t feel right on the right. I think they suggest alternating arms

Use phone app so not reader, find rebooting phone helps to resolve error messages so try restarting if using app.

Use phone app so not reader, find rebooting phone helps to resolve error messages so try restarting if using app.
I would second that, I wouldn’t dream of using the reader at all.

Unfortunately, my current phone isn't capable of being used as a scanner, and I'm not allowed to carry my phone with me at work. Surely the dedicated reader should be equally, if not more accurate and reliable, as a phone?

Is there an option to factory reset the reader and re-connect to the same sensor?

I'm still reeling after it happening yesterday @danielmg - and I removed the sensor last night. and found the filament rock solid at right angles to the 'pad' and rigidly upright, no kinks or anything whatsoever untoward about the thing to the naked eye.

Why the hell did this insist on happening to me at the start of a long, BH weekend? just part of life's rich pattern ...... aaarghhh.

Is there an option to factory reset the reader and re-connect to the same sensor?
Hi Dan, I read something on a German diabetes forum, it says to press the home button for 30 seconds and it may do a soft reset, not sure what that means, also it might need to be plugged in when you do it

Hi Dan, I read something on a German diabetes forum, it says to press the home button for 30 seconds and it may do a soft reset, not sure what that means, also it might need to be plugged in when you do it
I tried this but unfortunately to no avail. At the moment I am not wearing a sensor as I have already used both from my prescription. I've contacted Abbott again but they're unlikely to reply until Tuesday at the earliest due to the bank holiday weekend.

My reader test has also failed for the first time - and I only have BG test strips compatible with this meter.

Last edited:
I use both and it does it on both ......

Just out of interest @Bexlee, how do you reset the reader?
I don’t think you can reset reader.

My faulty ones have been the actual sensor. I assume it’s a libre 2 reader you have - maybe you could ring and ask if it may be a problem with the reader ? I know my reader like others no doubt doesn’t shout when the battery is low. It stops scanning when the battery symbol shows 1/2 full (or empty depending on your glass type thing !) but I don’t realise it’s won’t scan until it doesn’t so I do wonder if there’s a little glitch in them.
After you said yesterday I looked back and also noticed a lot of reading s and error from before I actually had the reader.
You could always try Abbot tomorrow they may not have bank holiday where ever they answer from.

They don’t answer the phones on bank holidays according to the website. Neither do doctors, come to think.

Yes Abbott not available, as well as GP or Diabetes Clinic, until tomorrow, unfortunately.

Amazon and Lakeland do, but then they have a better concept of customer service.

(...... or less generous with their contracts of employment ....... )

Just a quick update: I've now received replacements from Abbott for the 2 sensors that stopped working due to different errors. With my latest sensor, I've applied it to my arm (in the recommended site) with a transparent dressing over the top. 12 days in use with no issues (other than the odd no glucose reading message).

I had a strange occurrence when I switched over to a new sensor a couple of days ago. After application (again to the arm), I had a fair amount of blood come through the central area of the sensor. I've had a few 'try again in 10mins' errors, but nothing else thus far. Luckily the bleeding didn't continue after applying a new dressing.

I had a strange occurrence when I switched over to a new sensor a couple of days ago. After application (again to the arm), I had a fair amount of blood come through the central area of the sensor. I've had a few 'try again in 10mins' errors, but nothing else thus far. Luckily the bleeding didn't continue after applying a new dressing.
Sometimes I’ve seen people post that ‘bleeders are readers’ and they get very results frim sensors like that. Maybe it’s just the relief of them not just completely failing though!

Libre2 Getting the 10 minuted thing a lot. I'm Type1 slim (skeletal) build and active. Tried arm exercises to try and get the interstitial fluid moving, but not very successful. Its getting to be rather hit and miss will it won't it scan; and reverting to FP testing usualy when v.low. Any comments from Abbott anywhere.

We have had a few issues with the libre 2 using the reader. Its often out of signal (turned that alarm off now because that was wearing thin in the middle of the night!) Plus the battery life seems a lot less than the libre 1 reader. We're charging it every day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back