Libre Sensors - Try again in 10 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a lot of this lately. I think they've made the needle longer and sometimes it hits blood. A couple recently have just stopped working after a 1 day and when I take it off I can see lots of red.
I also have had this message a number of times it’s a big issue for me also I was hoping to move to a closed loop but with these issues I think not.

I also have had this message a number of times it’s a big issue for me also I was hoping to move to a closed loop but with these issues I think not.

How ‘wobbly’ are your traces Tony? Sometimes I find various different sensors have to take a bit of a breather if my levels have been rising and falling steeply in quick succession, because their expectation of what is likely to happen has been exceeded, and they just need to take a moment to ensure the flow of glucose data is genuine.

Sometimes it can be a sensor fault, of course, or perhaps one that hasn’t inserted well, so that the filament isn’t properly seated into the right part of the tissue.

Keeping well hydrated helps too.

The hybrid closed loops I have used have been a significant benefit, so I’d suggest they are still worth considering if you can build your sensor confidence, or find a type of sensor that suits you.

Got this response after asking Abbott why it failed:

Thank you for contacting Abbott Diabetes Care.

During the events of rapidly changing glucose level, sensor might not be able to catch the precise value. Therefore, it will ask you to scan again later by the message: "Sensor Error, Try Again in 10 minutes". Small gaps in graph due to that are expected respectively.

When it comes to "Replace Sensor" error message, there are variety of reasons why it may appear. For example if the position of sensor filament will be slightly changed inside your interstitial fluid it may cause the sensor to stop working and provide the "Replace Sensor" error message.

To finish out comments, we would like to suggest that we cannot confirm what was the precise root cause of issue, as there are many details to be taken in consideration. Therefore, we ask the product to be sent back to us for the evaluation purposes.

Once again, we are very grateful that you have shared your feedback with us.

If you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact our Customer Careline Team on 0800 1701177* or again by email on ADCHelpUK@abbott.com.

I’ve noticed with the Libre2 reader, it gives fairly bizarre messages when the power is in the red line (which you may not notice), like sensor not found, or any of its error messages. Plug it into power and it starts behaving again.

The reason you may not notice the power drop is that it can happen quite quickly. 24 hours operation is the shortest I’ve had, but I think its battery capacity needs to be upgraded to cope with all the new bells and whistles.

I get this often. Usually when my sugars are dropping quickly or going high. I also get a gap in my graph same time every night. 9pm until 10pm i get a gap in my graph. Diabetic don't understand why either. Only why to narrow the gap is to take reading every 5 mins but sometimes its too much & i just think tough lol

I get this often. Usually when my sugars are dropping quickly or going high. I also get a gap in my graph same time every night. 9pm until 10pm i get a gap in my graph. Diabetic don't understand why either. Only why to narrow the gap is to take reading every 5 mins but sometimes its too much & i just think tough lol
I’m guessing you don’t scan between 9pm and 6am? You need to scan at least every 8hrs to capture all the data, so another scan before bed and as soon as you get up

So 3 libre 1 sensors failed last week. Rather than 6 weeks use, i got less than 6 hrs. Been using libre 1 for around 3 yrs, never had this many fails. All showed fails on initial readings after first hour, then defaulted to sensor not working, replace sensor. Received replacements today. Fitted one…same failure. Not doing anything different to what i’ve done in last 3 yrs. very frustrating. Leading to reduced confidence in the kit. This is a medical device…it should work. Anyone else noticed increasing failure rate?

Has anyone got Abbott to release error codes and the reasons behind them ? I asked them but never got a response. Understand company confidential however, these are devices stuck into our bodies and it would be nice to understand what the error codes indicated. As a previous software person, I'm sure we could manage to understand the error codes.

Has anyone got Abbott to release error codes and the reasons behind them ? I asked them but never got a response. Understand company confidential however, these are devices stuck into our bodies and it would be nice to understand what the error codes indicated. As a previous software person, I'm sure we could manage to understand the error codes.
Yes but I suspect that they won't be errors the user has any ability to do anything about.
Under those circumstances, the only reasonable codes to display to a user are:

0 - Sensor working
1 - Sensor broken, contact Abbott for replacement

The sensor itself may well store more detailed logs.
Interesting that the reader or phone app can't be sent the error code by the sensor somehow so that Abbott can see the problem directly via a message rather than needing the physical device.

Interesting that the reader or phone app can't be sent the error code by the sensor somehow so that Abbott can see the problem directly via a message rather than needing the physical device.
The error codes are sent to the reader because they are recorded in the event log and I have been asked to read them to the customer service operator when I have contacted them about a failed sensor.

The error codes are sent to the reader because they are recorded in the event log and I have been asked to read them to the customer service operator when I have contacted them about a failed sensor.
Thanks.

So the latest failure yesterday was showing Er3,373C, then Er3,365C. Just got off the phone to Abbott. Replacement sensor, and a return kit for the failed one, on the way. I assume that there must be quite an issue. I have had 4 failed sensors within a week. If that is happening across the board….must be quite a failure rate at present. It has hit my confidence in the system. Trust and reputation take time to build, but disappear quickly.….i will try the other replacement sensor that i have left tomorrow…..fingers crossed.

So the latest failure yesterday was showing Er3,373C, then Er3,365C. Just got off the phone to Abbott. Replacement sensor, and a return kit for the failed one, on the way. I assume that there must be quite an issue. I have had 4 failed sensors within a week. If that is happening across the board….must be quite a failure rate at present. It has hit my confidence in the system. Trust and reputation take time to build, but disappear quickly.….i will try the other replacement sensor that i have left tomorrow…..fingers crossed.

Just idly speculating but I wonder if the problem is at the other end of the needle on the sensor.
That's where the needle needs to be connected to the board containing the processor chip. I imagine that somewhere along the line there must be a need for something in the needle mechanism to be soldered to that board. I wonder if that solder joint fractures enough to cause signalling difficulties for the board or is just badly soldered in the first place.
When we insert the sensor, it's quite a jolt the applicator gives it and having seen this sort of fault on one MP3 player after another (fortunately I now have a soldering iron so can fix it) when I've dropped them I can well believe this is a key failure area.

It would be interesting to know but I don't suppose we'll ever find out unless we plant a mole at Abbott HQ. Anyone up for a bit of espionage? 🙂

When you push the 2 parts together, you are simply connecting the sensor circuits to the battery circuits, i.e. initiating the sensor. Injecting it is a purely physical action. The error codes could let us know whether it was a physical problem, a big difference between 2 readings or some other problem that they have programmed an error code for. Not sure why they can't be released to their users. It might help us look after the sensors a little bit better.

I wonder if the issue is the fibre that is left implanted by the needle as it withdraws. I wonder if they have changed the spec, pehaps? I wonder if the fibre isn’t transitioning down the implantation needle correctly.

I wonder if we should start a thread to collate data on error codes to see if we can work out what some of them may mean. So, for instance my last problem ones came loose. One in the shower and one when I caught it working at the yard. I could possibly look back through the events log and hunt out the error codes for those occasions. We could also possibly collate data on serial numbers or batch numbers of problem ones. Anyone up for that or not worth the effort?

I think you are right that the problem with many may be that the filament is not implanted properly for whatever reason. Someone suggested a while back that there may be some wear on the manufacturing machines and a tiny amount of deviation due to that wear might be enough to lead to this problem... ie things not quite lining up perfectly.

I wonder if we should start a thread to collate data on error codes to see if we can work out what some of them may mean. So, for instance my last problem ones came loose. One in the shower and one when I caught it working at the yard. I could possibly look back through the events log and hunt out the error codes for those occasions. We could also possibly collate data on serial numbers or batch numbers of problem ones. Anyone up for that or not worth the effort?

I think you are right that the problem with many may be that the filament is not implanted properly for whatever reason. Someone suggested a while back that there may be some wear on the manufacturing machines and a tiny amount of deviation due to that wear might be enough to lead to this problem... ie things not quite lining up perfectly.
It does tell you a bit of what it means in the log. When i knock a sensor off I get 373 Sensor Error try again in 10 minutes at first and then 366 Replace Sensor afterwards.

For sensor is too cold I get 375 sensor too cold. They seem to use 373 and 366 for most errors I find, it doesn’t seem to vary much.

I didn't want to start a new thread as its Libre sensor related so thought I'd ask on here. Do any of you guys get intermittent problems with your libre sensor actually working. Its been happening to me more lately. I'll test and it takes the reading. Then I go to test 10 mins later and it says error and can't take a reading. I leave it a few minutes and hey ho it works again. Its quite frustrating.

Also where do you apply your sensors? I don't have much loose flesh but apply mine about half way up on my upper arm between my elbow and shoulder joint round towards the back side of my arm. Not sure if this is the best place but it is the most fleshy part of my arm.
I have this now with almost every sensor since I started using the libre 2. sometimes, it comes back after 10 minutes but often it can be down for at least 30 minutes or even up to an hour. not sure if its the sensor or the software or the phone. I do know that it's very frustrating.

I have this now with almost every sensor since I started using the libre 2. sometimes, it comes back after 10 minutes but often it can be down for at least 30 minutes or even up to an hour. not sure if its the sensor or the software or the phone. I do know that it's very frustrating.
Does it happen at times when your Blood Glucose levels are changing rapidly? Either you’ve dropped a bit low and have just eaten something carby, or when you’ve had a carby meal and spiked before the insulin kicks in and starts it dropping?
The Libre 2 is supposed to have an improved algorithm that catches up the Libre reading (which is 15 minutes behind a blood reading) by predicting where you will be in 15 minutes time, but sometimes in periods of rapid change, it can’t work out where you’ll be, so gives up trying. and won’t give you a reading til your levels have stabilised.
I find it a bit frustrating, because periods of rapid change are just when I need extra readings! This is why we are told to carry on using a finger prick when we are low, or need to know instantly what our levels are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back