I am coming to London!!

So, whos coming to London??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the museum pub didnt get such a good review we could go to 'wonkeys' in china town where you take your own...anyone else know it? its like a chinese cafe won ton soup is their speciality and singapore noodles its not posh and quite noisy
Pubs around the museum are touristy usually a chain so food will be pretty crap beer prices in london are very high non alcoholic drinks are also
I might be running behind sam and north trying to gleen a bit of info ...so its a sandwich and a bottle of water for me!!

Used to go there every year round christmas time when I was with the venture scouts, right laff was had.

Poor reviews, well to be honest we'll create our own atmos, and it'll be during the day so I think any boozer would be okay but will go with the leader, shouldn't Viki be making this decision being group leader???

I think my vote might be museum tavern tho! We could always start there and move on to nicer place if it's that bad!

Sarnie does sound like a good idea, as ordering etc with big group can be a pain in the rear, but a pub lunch would also be good, there is a nice cafe nearby that makes fresh sarnies and other things, and I think it sells donought too!

Used to go there every year round christmas time when I was with the venture scouts, right laff was had.

Poor reviews, well to be honest we'll create our own atmos, and it'll be during the day so I think any boozer would be okay but will go with the leader, shouldn't Viki be making this decision being group leader???

I think my vote might be museum tavern tho! We could always start there and move on to nicer place if it's that bad!

Sarnie does sound like a good idea, as ordering etc with big group can be a pain in the rear, but a pub lunch would also be good, there is a nice cafe nearby that makes fresh sarnies and other things, and I think it sells donought too!

proper london sandwich shops are very good and too true re boozer and making our own atmosphere...

proper london sandwich shops are very good and too true re boozer and making our own atmosphere...

I think what we want is somewhere where we can hear ourselves talk and have room to sit, and get served reasonably quickly. The main purpose of the meet (IMO) is to...erm...meet and talk and get to know each other - London is just an accessible and convenient meeting point. I'm not really going in order to look round the museum - I want to see all you guys!

When we had the Southampton meet, I picked a walk round the medieval city walls becaue it was something interesting, but didn't stifle conversation. It was also a little bit of exercise so we felt less guilty about decamping to the pub for the next 5 hours! Obviously, in November, such a thing wouldn't be as attractive (the walk, not the pub). Just my view of things YMMV!🙂

Absolutely right Northe'

So having an idea of a refreshment establishment will help but we have all kinda agreed to meet at the British Museum, maybe we could agree an area, as you enter the gates and turn left there's a lot of space to stand around and sit if it's not too busy, maybe we could get someone to wear a bright outfit!? Or if it's peeing down is it best to choose a place inside maybe a room? they are all numbered so could be kinda easy!?

Right,

For a total plank like myself someone who knows London will have to give me set of directions from Victoria (trains from Brighton go to Victoria I presume?) to the British museum. Damned if I'm going to get lost getting there.

Tom

Right,

For a total plank like myself someone who knows London will have to give me set of directions from Victoria (trains from Brighton go to Victoria I presume?) to the British museum. Damned if I'm going to get lost getting there.

Tom

I'm pretty sure a few others mentioned coming into Victoria so you may be able to meet up there?

Failing that I'd put it into the transport for London website, then you should be able to compare tubes/buses/walking and a combination.

Aymes, I think you can get the 38 which goes straight past.

yes Alison you can it runs every 3 minutes

I'm pretty sure a few others mentioned coming into Victoria so you may be able to meet up there?

Failing that I'd put it into the transport for London website, then you should be able to compare tubes/buses/walking and a combination.

That's a great idea.

Anyone coming into Victoria? If you are I'd be really greatful if we could meet up there.

Tom

I think we need to post some firm details a little nearer the time so that people know who they can meet, and where, and at what time. If people are meeting up befoe the BM then it would be a good idea for those people to exchange mobile numbers via pm. At the moment things are a little vague as people will be arriving at different places at different times, so it sounds like we will have a few 'mini-meets' prior to the big congregation at the BM.

I agrre think we need to work out who will be arriving at which time and exchange numbers so nobody gets left. Myself and Viki are planning to travel in together and said before that we can go fairly early when people are going to start arriving.

I agrre think we need to work out who will be arriving at which time and exchange numbers so nobody gets left. Myself and Viki are planning to travel in together and said before that we can go fairly early when people are going to start arriving.

Hi Nikki,

Where are you travelling to? Perhaps I could meet you and Viki there?

Tom

i would just like to say that the food in the Museum Tavern is just...wow. Made of total and utter win. I had the biggest sandwich ever with chicken and bacon and some chips (SHHHHHHH i know i sinned there!) but it was to DIE for seriously.

The bar staff are a bit clumsy - I counted about 7 broken glasses in the hour we were there but they're friendly enough

The place is also very very small so if a big group is going there I'd definitely phone them and book something

:D

what time is everyone roughly arriving in london? i MIGHT be able to come (oh it all depends on so much other stuff), but my train would get me in around half ten i think (coming from birmingham).

what time is everyone roughly arriving in london? i MIGHT be able to come (oh it all depends on so much other stuff), but my train would get me in around half ten i think (coming from birmingham).

The Southampton/Bournemouth (woo!) contingent won't be arriving till 11:40, but I think some of the more local people are going to be there earlier.

Ohmigod, I can come after all!
Looking forward to hearing details of what time/where to meet!
Natalie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back