HOW MUCH EXERCISE DO YOU DO?

Well this afternoon, I rode a bike for the first time in 40 years and it's true.. You don't forget! Plenty of wobbling and lots of laughter to start with but I'm going back tomorrow..

Well this afternoon, I rode a bike for the first time in 40 years and it's true.. You don't forget! Plenty of wobbling and lots of laughter to start with but I'm going back tomorrow..
You really don't forget, it is something quite amazing, I'm glad you enjoyed it and you're going back for more.

today I have done 7 minutes qigong and 30 minutes dance groove. Too cold for me to walk out or garden at the minute so exercise mostly inside. Tomorrow I am debating whether to attend exercise class.

Just under forty miles today. Was aiming for forty five ish, but the legs weren't quite there after park run yesterday. It was cold, but the effort kept me warm.

I saw an otter at Shell Ford, but didn't manage to get a picture, so my bike against the picnic bench will have to do.
20230305_082123.jpg

I walked just under 15 miles yesterday. It's the furthest I've walked since June 2021 but happy with how it went. I do need to fuel myself better though and eat a proper breakfast before setting out. I normally have brunch rather than breakfast. Clearly wasn't wise when taking on Cotswold hills....

I walked just under 15 miles yesterday. It's the furthest I've walked since June 2021 but happy with how it went. I do need to fuel myself better though and eat a proper breakfast before setting out. I normally have brunch rather than breakfast. Clearly wasn't wise when taking on Cotswold hills....

Well done, breakfast is best meal of day, hardly ever miss it.

Park run today. Was doing quite well, maybe a minute off my PB pace, and then with one km to go I got a low alarm :(, should have had a bigger breakfast. Still enjoyable, though.

Sunday ride. Much warmer than the last two weekends, even though there was still some snow on the Malverns
20230312_071544.jpg
Loop around Malvern, Welland, Tewkesbury and Pershore. Lots of water from yesterday's deluge left on the roads, but it was dry and sometimes sunny, and I was overdressed. Oh, and there was daylight when I set off today, first time this year.

2-3 x 1 hour yoga sessions per week and filling in with 1/2 hour sessions on some other days. 5 min ‘jog’ in the bedroom when I get up. A walk foe about 40 minutes most days. Now setting off on the narrowboat for 3 months, so standing at least 4 hours/day combined with working locks, walking the towpath etc. occasional biking, although it is electric, but can still take some effort.

So did you cycle any more?

I went out at lunchtime for a bit, almost shorts weather.

So did you cycle any more?

I went out at lunchtime for a bit, almost shorts weather.
I haven't yet as my friend has been away and this week is Cheltenham so she's there all week.
I'm going to see if I can pop into the local bike project to see if they have any bikes that will do me.. I don't want all singing and dancing, just a hybrid that I can ride to and from work on... My friends idea is I don't get a bike until I've upped my fitness riding around her fields but I know I will get bored with that very quickly.

I haven't yet as my friend has been away and this week is Cheltenham so she's there all week.
I'm going to see if I can pop into the local bike project to see if they have any bikes that will do me.. I don't want all singing and dancing, just a hybrid that I can ride to and from work on... My friends idea is I don't get a bike until I've upped my fitness riding around her fields but I know I will get bored with that very quickly.
Sounds like a great idea. You'll soon build up fitness. A flat bar bicycle with no suspension will be the ideal starter. How far is your commute?

That's a nice distance to start with, and unless the uphill is really steep you'll notice the slope less and less as you cycle
I live in the Cotswolds, which I love but the hills are on the steep side... Still it's all part of the fun.

Pushing through pain to continue walking, old problem of plantar fasciitis has returned in right foot, hopefully stretching exercises & ibuprofen will sort it out soon.

Wouldn't care only recently started to get relief from sciatica, all fun & games.

Pushing through pain to continue walking, old problem of plantar fasciitis has returned in right foot, hopefully stretching exercises & ibuprofen will sort it out soon.

Wouldn't care only recently started to get relief from sciatica, all fun & games.
I'm finding on the longer walks my neuropathy starts playing up. It's improved so much lately. Loosening my laces certainly helps. Seeing a osteopath helped all but clear my sciatica.

Back