Group 7-day waking average?

Oooh first up. 5.4 for me today.

Thanks for all your good wishes yesterday re grandson, unfortunately he didn’t pass! :( No majors but too many minors. Next one booked, January 21st 2025, unless he gets a cancellation. He was ok with it, eventually, Mr Eggy picked him up and brought him to ours afterwards and we had a good craic. He’s determined to pass before the year is out. Him and his sisters are staying with us tonight as mum and dad’s work is clashing and they can’t get them all to work/school etc. on Wednesday. This is when I wish we had a bigger car! I’ll take grandson to work early doors, come back and Mr E will take 11 year old to school. At 8.15 youngest daughter will pick 6 year old up to take her to another school! All of these destinations are miles away! Never mind you do what you can to help, it’s just a one off. So five for tea tonight!

Will start to prep for our holiday to Welsh Wales, we’re going on Saturday. Waterproofs, warm clothing, hats, scarfs, gloves. Yes, the bad weather lots of you have been having ( not us it’s been great up here) is coming to North Wales with us. It’ll be reet!

See you all tomorrow.

Good morning everyone

BG 5.6 a bit higher for me
The rest all ok

A reasonable day yesterday. Wife seemed happy. I sorted some lyrics for a song. Got wet going out to get some food. Shopping delivery arrived in good time but the oeeegetables were poor quality and rejected.

Tired today, friend coming for tea, beef stew! If I can get to the church to do some rewiring I will. Oh, yes, gotta go to Lytham for a diabetic eye test (forget the church thing). I may walk (on my own!) if it is not raining (mind you, I need time to prepare the stew so maybe it's a bus for me today so I can get back quicker).

A pretty boring day ahead I think.

79yesx57rr9z.jpg

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Morning and a flat 7.1 for me.
So sorry eggy to hear about your grandson ‘s driving test as know how important an occasion it can be in their young lives. As we know it can be a very hit and miss affair but the long waiting lists can put an extra pressure on.
Quiet day yesterday and trip to opticians for annual eye check ( not diabetic) and declared absolutely fine and no issues whatsoever.
Having one of my long days today with a trip tonNorth Wales including a Cardiology CPD evening in view of Bodelwyddan Castle so a nice backdrop.
Anyway whatever your view or what you are up to have a great day.

GoodMorning 6.6 today
I did glance at my phone just before I finally nodded off and was 5.2 then but technically that’s wasn’t on waking if it was just before I went to sleep, even if it was today 🙄

but shocking to see localised flooding but it has rained rather a lot recently
I saw this on facebook last night and thought why did those cars park at the side of the river, then realised they were at the side of the road (on the verge) and what looks like a river is a flooded road 😱

some of you will be able to answer for me
I am interested to see, are there any posts/ threads regarding T2’s coming off insulin on the forum,
we talk about a flatline (overnight) but how flat does the flatline need to be to be declared a flatline

Have a terrific Tuesday 😎

Attachments

• IMG_2952.jpeg
    IMG_2952.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2961.jpeg
    IMG_2961.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2962.jpeg
    IMG_2962.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 9
Morning all. 6.6

Foot tickling went well yesterday. She tickled and I giggled.

Booked a cruise! Barcelona, Rome and Amalfi Coast, Athens. It’s in 2026 so ages yet.

Good moaning! A dreadful 15.2 just before 5:00am. The cause was a "hell" hypo - the third worst in six decades. I usually wait 15 - 30 minutes before I start eating (porcine profile) unless my BG is under 5.0, Yesterday it was 7.9 but 15 minutes after injecting I fell this is wrong and found I was 4.2 and plunging over the cliff. So three JBs but it carried on so three more, and again and again. University Challenge was a blur and I ended up chucking my meal as I felt I had enough carbs and felt slightly nauseous. But it was a HS before bed so I had a slice of toast so I would not go hypo before my silly o'clock start.

I have an early Podiatry appointment but you have to be ready two hours before for Patient Transport although it is only 15 minutes away and the building is locked till just before 9:00! I have a suspicion tips early appointment was made out of pettiness because I queried why the silver dressings that were helping were not being used! The following week it was really soggy! Appointments need to be made weeks in advance so one is booked each time I go bar when I am going to the Foot Clinic F/up (that is what they put in the appointment letter - do they even realise what they have said?).

Grey and wet.

Screenshot_20240924-074212.png

Last edited:
Morning all. 6.6

Booked a cruise! Barcelona, Rome and Amalfi Coast, Athens. It’s in 2026 so ages yet.
Our one and only cruise went from Barcelona and we did Rome and the Amalfi coast. Absolutely stunning, I could live there. We’ve done Athens too, not on the cruise, we did three nights there before going on to Naxos for a week, we needed it after walking round Athens for three days. Amazing city which I’d definitely go back to.
The time will absolutely fly in and be here before you know it.

Morning all - 7.1 this morning which I'm quite pleased about considering I had a homemade curry last night with a little bit of rice and ½ a peshwari naan. So sorry about your Grandson's driving test @eggyg - I was thinking of him all day. If he gets in the habit of checking the website daily (which I'm sure he will) the cancellations really do become available now he's got a date booked. I'm tired this morning - watched a film quite late last night.Arctic Convoy which is a Norwegian film about the Arctic Convoy of boats from Iceland to Russia in the war - very good. Did my usual near the end and my son had to re-wind so I could re-watch the last ten minutes due to falling asleep. I'm off up to Carlisle to take my Mum to tennis in a bit - hope it's on as it is drizzly here, but we'll go anyway in the hope that it is. Have a good day everyone. Here are some pics of my beautiful dahlias - I was gifted the tuba of the huge pink one so it was a complete surprise <3

Attachments

• IMG_3079.jpeg
    IMG_3079.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3077.jpeg
    IMG_3077.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3080.jpeg
    IMG_3080.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3081.jpeg
    IMG_3081.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 6
Our one and only cruise went from Barcelona and we did Rome and the Amalfi coast. Absolutely stunning, I could live there. We’ve done Athens too, not on the cruise, we did three nights there before going on to Naxos for a week, we needed it after walking round Athens for three days. Amazing city which I’d definitely go back to.
The time will absolutely fly in and be here before you know it.
It just seemed the “nicest” itinerary to me. I’ve very little interest in doing the port-a-day Greek island route and I’ve been to the Adriatic and Croatia. Hopefully this will be just enough sea days to make good use of the hammock on my balcony watching the sunset 🙂

Oooh first up. 5.4 for me today.

Thanks for all your good wishes yesterday re grandson, unfortunately he didn’t pass! :( No majors but too many minors. Next one booked, January 21st 2025, unless he gets a cancellation. He was ok with it, eventually, Mr Eggy picked him up and brought him to ours afterwards and we had a good craic. He’s determined to pass before the year is out. Him and his sisters are staying with us tonight as mum and dad’s work is clashing and they can’t get them all to work/school etc. on Wednesday. This is when I wish we had a bigger car! I’ll take grandson to work early doors, come back and Mr E will take 11 year old to school. At 8.15 youngest daughter will pick 6 year old up to take her to another school! All of these destinations are miles away! Never mind you do what you can to help, it’s just a one off. So five for tea tonight!

Will start to prep for our holiday to Welsh Wales, we’re going on Saturday. Waterproofs, warm clothing, hats, scarfs, gloves. Yes, the bad weather lots of you have been having ( not us it’s been great up here) is coming to North Wales with us. It’ll be reet!

See you all tomorrow.

A former girlfriend's passed kin her forties first ime. She booked an intensive 5-day course with guaranteed pass or your money back. It was actually taken miles (stayed in a B&B) away so she had no disturbances or interruptions. Not sure if anybody runs these since Covid!

Morning all, 4.0 here, I was a bit on the high side last night, so upped my basal instead of doing a correction.
It finally stopped raining at bedtime, we had 10cm in 24 hours. Thats 4 inches, for us dinosaurs. Fortunately we live on top of a hill, but I bet there's a rush on for Gopher wood down at river level. Head groom messaged from the yard, that she was going to bring all the horses in for the night, there’s a stream now running across their paddock.(the horses would love playing in it, but they’d wreck the field into a sea of mud, and it would become useless for winter grazing).

Morning all. 6.6

Great to hear your foot tickler appointment went well, that reminds me need to check when mine is due, I’m sure it’s sometime next month or maybe it’s in November

@Bloden when will you get the pup? Is it to keep or foster? Pup pics please when you get him/her.

We’re looking for a keeper, a little buddy for Gwen the Spanish water dog. We’re waiting to hear if we’ve been approved, then we’ll meet the newbie on Saturday. Exciting, or what?!

How’d he get on @eggyg? He deserves to pass just for saving up 4k for the insurance!

Well well - a House Spesh for me!

Good moaning! A dreadful 15.2 just before 5:00am. The cause was a "hell" hypo - the third worst in six decades. I usually wait 15 - 30 minutes before I start eating (porcine profile) unless my BG is under 5.0, Yesterday it was 7.9 but 15 minutes after injecting I fell this is wrong and found I was 4.2 and plunging over the cliff. So three JBs but it carried on so three more, and again and again. University Challenge was a blur and I ended up chucking my meal as I felt I had enough carbs and felt slightly nauseous. But it was a HS before bed so I had a slice of toast so I would not go hypo before my silly o'clock.
That sounds frightening and unpleasant. I hope things are less spiky for you today.

@eggyg: sorry to hear about your grandson's driving test. It sounds as those he's being very mature about it. Fingers crossed for an early cancellation for his next one.

I have my first non diabetic hospital appointment today with osteo. The same week in July, I got diagnosed with diabetes, I also got confirmation of osteoarthritis in my left hip. I obviously just wanted a 'Buy one, get one free' in the chronic illness aisle!! So first review today. At least the eating for diabetes has been good for arthritis too. A bit of weight off and better diet has reduced how much pain I was in with my hip.

Edited: Might help if I actually posted my reading in the readings thread! 5.7 on finger prick so happy with that.
Dexcom trial arriving today and I'm getting a replacement Libre too so that I can finish my free trial there.

Last edited:
Well done @Bloden on that 5.2. 🙂 It were a 5.8 for me earlier.

Dez

Another dull and grey Berkshire morning, but at least it's a dry one. No rain forecast but will believe that when I don't see it.
5.7 this morning. Congrats @Bloden on your HS.

Whilst sorting out my Man Draw yesterday I found the notebook containing my first finger prick readings, which I started a week after diagnosis. First waking reading 9.2, first post-prandial 15.7 - pretty scary looking back. Don't know what I'd eaten as I'd not got round to starting a food diary.

Tuesday, so my usual swim before lunch and the laundry basket is demanding attention. Tumble dryer's going to be busy as there's no chance of getting anything dry on the line. In fact I lifted it out and put it away in our summer house yesterday.

I've seen some pictures of flooding in different parts of the country so I hope no one's been affected. It barely stopped raining here yesterday but luckily we live nowhere near a river and we're also halfway up a slight incline.

Morning

10 exactly today, but came out in a stinker of a cold yesterday, nothing much planned today other than work.

@Bloden - congratulations on your HS.

Back